Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot from 2022-06-26 13-57-39 (resized).png
    maxresdefault.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Tony Hawk Pinball (resized).jpg
    41938D37-94AA-4906-A403-5D69060291F8 (resized).jpeg
    96f509a879a8bc48b0eac6ad60ada6f4 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220407-174753_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I just finished watching the new Tony Hawk documentary on HBO Max, and it really made me nostalgic for being a kid in the 80's that used to skate and follow the professional skaters of that time (The Bones Brigade videos were awesome). The Tony Hawk video games were also great and Skateboarding is still really popular with the X-Games and Olympics. The potential for cool 80's inspired pinball art, mixed with some licensed punk rock music and innovative and creative ramps in to simulate a skate-park go hand-in-hand. Also it makes sense that since the greatest pinball player and designer of all time and the greatest skateboarder are from the same hometown that a game should be made. In the documentary Tony even mentioned that he bought a pinball machine in the late 80's with some of his prize winnings.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I think someone should produce a remake of Radical with Tony Hawk on it.
    CGC, Hagis, or maybe American Pinball could do a nice tribute game.

I think both Radical and Skateball would be great inspiration for a new pin but I'd like to see something new from the ground up. I'm sure you could do some cool ball tricks and innovative things with ramps and magnets using modern technology.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

Not a bad idea just not sure enough pinball people were into skateboarding? I still buy decks and love my childhood skateboarding.

I think there's more people than you think. I grew up in a tiny town in Wisconsin and we didn't have a skatepark or anything fun to do and skateboarding was still popular. I wish I would have hung unto my old decks.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

That’s why I finally found a 720….my grail arcade game. Completely rebuilt the joystick and it’s smooth as butter…spent way too many quarters on that game growing up.
    A skate pin could be cool….but modern skaters come and go so quick….not sure enough people know the others besides Tony Hawk. For me it would have to be a throwback featuring Tony Hawk, Lance Mountain, Steve Caballero, Mike McGill and others from back in the day. Other than Bob Burnquist I don’t really know many of the new skaters. Haven’t followed it in forever. I think it would be tough to design the right toys/mechs to capture the theme well.

You have to go with the throw back skaters. Those guys are all in the documentary. Picking the new skaters would be like picking the new Ghostbusters cast over the original.

Quoted from drsfmd:

That's when it would have been topical. 30+ years later it far too late... which means a Tony Hawk pin from Stern is confirmed for 2032.

The 80's is fresh for pinball themes. Games like Godzilla, BM66, and Beatles are from the 50's and 60's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-time-for-a-tony-hawk-pin?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.