4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Craig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cheers-egm.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    wonka.jpg
    TheWalkingDeadSlot.jpg
    batman.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    kandckeda.jpg
    TombstoneHead.jpg
    Trilogy.png
    KISS Pachinko.png

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

I'm not saying I want the head eliminated, just changed to serve a different function.

#52 4 years ago

I thought you just wanted a different shape.....what other function could you use there...???.............Joey

#53 4 years ago

I love playing pinball but just the thought of no head on a pinball machine makes me loose interest in the hobby. It just wouldn't be a pinball machine any more.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I thought you just wanted a different shape.....what other function could you use there...???.............Joey

Look at post # 4 for example.
    Or something like the Uncle Fester header on Slot machines. He could hold the DMD in his hands. Something more interactive like these . . .

batman.jpg
    cheers-egm.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgTheWalkingDeadSlot.jpgwonka.jpg

#55 4 years ago

You want retro? (I know I do!)
    Two words:
    WEDGE HEAD

#56 4 years ago

Ha...I played that cheers in Vegas...sounds to me like you want to merge them....a pin-slot err machine....I'm a fan of the backbox art...and weird shapes you couldn't line up all nice and neat....but 1 of your ideas I do like is DMD placement....it could be strategically placed to go with the art on some machines.............Joey

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ha...I played that cheers in Vegas...sounds to me like you want to merge them....a pin-slot err machine....I'm a fan of the backbox art...and weird shapes you couldn't line up all nice and neat....but 1 of your ideas I do like is DMD placement....it could be strategically placed to go with the art on some machines.............Joey

Doesn't have to be a slot machine.
    Maybe when you get the ball in a certain location, the back box screen turns into a interactive choice game.
    Lets say its Batman and the ball lands in the bat cave (up kicker) that activates the screen and now using the flippers you select Batman switches to bat cycle or bat mobile.

But when I say screen, don't think WOZ or Hobbit, think more like the slot machines today where the whole backbox is a lcd screen. Hard to explain unless you have played a modern slot machine.
    Your DMD could be any shape/font/color you want because its virtual.
    You could still have your pins graphics on screen for artwork.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure Gary just admitted to this at a recent show and it was covered on one of the pinball podcasts also. 80:20 in US. 20:80 in other countries.

Just because Gary may have said it doesn't make it true. Is there something in place that would accurately track that, that we are not aware of? The machines are sold through distributors and they don't even always know if they are going on route or not, assuming all of them are even keeping track.

I am in the backbox redesign camp though. I do think it needs to remain in some form though, so that people can see what the game title is from across the room, if nothing else. If TWD did not have a backbox, so many people would just walk right by it and not even notice it.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Just because Gary may have said it doesn't make it true. Is there something in place that would accurately track that, that we are not aware of? The machines are sold through distributors and they don't even always know if they are going on route or not, assuming all of them are even keeping track.

you can use the various self track websites to see where games are available for play or where they are in listed private collections also.

It is only as good as the people entering it, but that available data seems to mirror the 80 HUO/ 20 route stats that Gary recently provided. He really has no reaosn to lie about this info.

I woudl also say that recently the shift to more attention to communication and code is an acknowledgement that Home Use sales are a bigegr part of their market.

#60 4 years ago

I don't doubt that most games are going into homes, so I'm with you there, but 80% is pretty ambitious IMO, so I wouldn't state it as fact. I'm not saying that Gary is intentionally trying to deceive or anything like that, I'm just saying that no one really knows for sure. The self-track websites I have seen are pretty anecdotal and can only give you a partial sample, not very scientific. There are many locations that are not tracked, nor are many home collections being tracked, not to mention the accuracy of those locations and home collections (myself included).

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

I am in the backbox redesign camp though. I do think it needs to remain in some form though, so that people can see what the game title is from across the room, if nothing else. If TWD did not have a backbox, so many people would just walk right by it and not even notice it.

Don't they do that anyway.....???....... ............Joey

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I find the "tombstone" shaped head very iconic.
    TombstoneHead.jpg

People do comment they'd want to be buried in a pinball machine, so this would be a natural for that. You'd only be a couple inches deep though, and one of the scavengers around here would probably dig you up, so bad idea I guess.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

People do comment they'd want to be buried in a pinball machine, so this would be a natural for that.

If there is one that I will probably keep until I die it will be that one. But I am going for an old fashioned Native American burial when my time comes.

#64 4 years ago

Ah, Golden Arrow. Good choice.

#65 4 years ago

I wonder how typical North Carolina is. I know many collectors here and only a tiny handful of places with pins on location--and even fewer that actually buy NIB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 12.95
    $ 11,500.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 249.99
    Great American Pinball
    $ 129.25
    $ 85.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside