(Topic ID: 80368)

Is it really hard to be helpful?

By x2times

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

comment.png
    whaaaa.jpg
    ibtl2.jpg
    167278.gif
    41359560.jpg
    festivus-3.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago

I typically stay out of these types of threads since they rarely solve anything but...

I will say that Pinside does not have the corner on the market in drama and negativity. Other club forums I belong to do suffer similar drama and negativity.

I feel that people, in general, treat people differently through email and forum text. People that would never say mean and/or negative things when standing face to face with someone, can type the rudest, mean-hearted comments. I guess it is much easier to be insulting and negative through text on a screen than standing in front of them when you can see their reaction. I also see this in the business world with email and conference calls vs face to face meetings so the trait is not exclusive to pinball fans.

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Thank you for your service by the way.

Don't believe a word he/she says. Two weeks ago he/she was a middle aged woman looking to get back into pinball with her roommate:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/introducing$20myself%7Csort:date/rec.games.pinball/ARocfyV-N1s/6tlFFpM-ZEAJ

"Hi I'm Kelly. lets say "middle age" lady lol looking to get back into pinball with my room mate. I have been browsing mr pinball, and ebay (ebay is way overpriced) on some titles im interested in.

Im from Colorado however I live in Knightdale N.C. now and im looking to start my own personal game room in my home with a friend of mine. We have about 1000 sq ft to dedicate to pins at this time."

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Don't believe a word he/she says.

Playing the veteran card... that's low.

#105 10 years ago

Let's do life magazine.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #108 10 years ago
    Quoted from x2times:

feel free to call me as well if you would like to talk 919-453-8529
    or you can call 919-946-6630 and ask for Kelly Rowles herself... or how about this you can contact
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Phone: (484)-643-4560
    and ask them about Kelly and Mike who came to pick up the POTC, AND Family Guy. I get so tired of you tired, boring, ignorant idiots sitting at home behind your computer thinking someone wants to make up some fake shit to get on here and do what? I mean do I get paid for tricking someone into thinking I am someone I am not? Do I get a prize for speaking about my service to the country to allow idiots like those who respond with stupid ass comments? NO all I get is headache. I was going to ignore the dumb comments but thought I would give you morons a way to contact me or kely either one to speak with us directly if you have concerns that you would like to address. By all means if you are in the area I will gladly meet you in person as well. So now that you have several ways to contact both of us I am going to go and watch tv for a little while and await the next bunch of bs comments from the "im a moron squad" to reply...... To all those who have good things to say, thanks for joining in the conversation.......

in case that was too hard for you let me make it a tad easier..

http://jestersamusementsllc.com/contact.html - This is what they call a link. Feel free to call if you feel froggy and ask the owner about Kelly and Mike who drove up from KNIGHTDALE where we said we are from to buy to pins.

http://www.trihg.com/ then you can go here and call and speak with Brandon or Jonathan the owner and ask them about Kelly and Mike who came in looking for game room supplies

then you can hop your happy asses on over to http://www.i9sports.com/ and there you can go to the Raleigh area i9 sports and look up who runs it. OH WOW GUESS WHO Kelly... yes feel free to call and verify that as well and

after you are all done and nice and feeling dumb you can click this

https://www.google.com/search?q=police+officer+michael+dunlap&tbm=isch&imgil=HXqfNKpnET04FM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcSEyn0yMIc5DmT0FzAeESQkBUdEnNJwFXjwbClHGTK1rTvYod8_2Q%253B400%253B300%253BhI2dkb22y5BuOM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.wral.com%25252Fnews%25252Flocal%25252Fimage%25252F2115187%25252F%25253Fref_id%2525253D2459956&source=iu&usg=__V2lpPRtsBE9r1Snk4KuyYSbgeBo%3D&sa=X&ei=mOL6UrTHA9C80AHuvoDYDw&ved=0CD4Q9QEwAg&biw=1684&bih=824

and there you can see one of the last photos I took before I was retired while on duty chasing a scumbag.

If you still would like some more just let me know and ill go dig up some other stuff to accommodate your paranoid antics of accusing people of "being someone else or fake" get a freaking life already.

#109 10 years ago

Now who is not being helpful or positive and creating an aura of negativity here?

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

Now who is not being helpful or positive and creating an aura of negativity here?

yea you damn right, when a bunch of idiots start posting that I/we are not who we say we are and then bash the fact that I served my country. you damn right I got negative. I don't have to prove who the hell I am but have no problem doing so. So now you go back and scroll up and look who started pushing buttons to get me in a negative mode

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from x2times:

yea you damn right, when a bunch of idiots start posting that I/we are not who we say we are and then bash the fact that I served my country. you damn right I got negative. I don't have to prove who the hell I am but have no problem doing so. So now you go back and scroll up and look who started pushing buttons to get me in a negative mode

phone is here by me for those who wish to call. and yeah those are my kids in my photo playing the pins I recently bought, would you like me to have them stand on each others heads or something and hold a sign that says pinside so that way you know we are real? what a joke

#112 10 years ago

.167278.gif167278.gif

#113 10 years ago

ibtl2.jpgibtl2.jpg

#114 10 years ago

don't get it ?

#115 10 years ago

Easy buddy! Play some pins and find your happy place.

#116 10 years ago

Post edited by jayhawkai : comment withdrawn

#117 10 years ago

Post edited by x2times : talked in pm.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Easy buddy! Play some pins and find your happy place.

yeah im getting ready too. That whole vet card comment pissed me off. I can't do a lot of the things I would love to do because of limitations from serving so those comments are connected directly to my nerve endings. :/ I guess I will go play my fake pins that I bought with my fake money under my fake name wait, I am really typing? maybe this is a dream

#119 10 years ago

Rock Chalk Jay Hawk!
    Go KU!

#120 10 years ago

What happened here ...? The full circle this thread did is just staggering ...

whaaaa.jpgwhaaaa.jpg

Seriously, the rule I live by: I will never, EVER post anything here I wouldn't say to someone's face. I stop, think about my response and how I would really and truly re-act face to face with someone, and I input my response based on what I feel I would do if they were right there for a rebuttal.

No keyboard warrior prowl from me. What you read here = what you'll hear me say at any pinball gathering.

#121 10 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

What happened here ...? The full circle this thread did is just staggering ...

Seriously, the rule I live by: I will never, EVER post anything here I wouldn't say to someone's face. I stop, think about my response and how I would really and truly re-act face to face with someone, and I input my response based on what I feel I would do if they were right there for a rebuttal.
    No keyboard warrior prowl from me. What you read here = what you'll hear me say at any pinball gathering.

whaaaa.jpg 13 KB

the vet comment set me off. Ive been disabled since 2005 so I HATE when ppl bring that up and don't know me :/ especially in a pinball forum? I mean really? lol oh well im calm now. plenty of snooping material for the "pinside police"

#122 10 years ago

OK...
    1. (straight from Pinside community rules) BE CAREFUL WHEN INCLUDING EMAIL ADDRESSES OR INSTANT MESSAGING ADDRESSES IN CONTRIBUTIONS, AND PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANYONE ELSE'S PERSONAL DETAILS

You may include your own personal email address or instant messaging address in postings (providing it is acceptable, i.e. not vulgar or offensive), but please be aware that you are potentially opening yourself up to a lot of email, and possibly spam email too, and you should be absolutely sure that you want people to be able to contact you like this. We recommend that you set-up a new email account specifically for people to contact you on if you wish to publicise a contact point. You may prefer to simply use the private messaging facility of the Pinside, called PinsideMail.

It is not acceptable to publicise anyone else's contact details other than your own, and any such instant messaging details, email addresses, postal addresses or telephone numbers will be removed from Postings.

comment.pngcomment.png

#123 10 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I will never, EVER post anything here I wouldn't say to someone's face. I stop, think about my response and how I would really and truly re-act face to face with someone, and I input my response based on what I feel I would do if they were right there for a rebuttal.

+1

I'm taking flank's advice (did I actually say that out loud ) and going to play some pinball!

#124 10 years ago

I saw eighty new posts in this thread and wondered what the hell happened. I didn't see this third act twist coming. Bravo!

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-really-hard-to-be-helpful/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.