Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KingHebes
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it OK to level games on location?”

• Yes 104 votes
      40%
    • No 144 votes
      55%
    • Other 13 votes
      5%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leg_leveler_heavy_duty (resized).jpg
    armytrainingsir (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 4 years ago

Gotta be honest... I'm firmly in the "don't touch my stuff" camp.
    That said; I have been known to be so exhausted or constrained for time after setting up my machines at TPF (I bring them all - at least 5 machines) ... that I simply forget to check for levelness. Usually; I do play at least one game after setting them up and if there is a gross level issue I fix it.
    That said; I would really be ok with an attendee taking matters into their own hands - so to speak.
    As long as the Attendee is willing to take the risk of liability. That is if they damage the machine; they have some 'splainin' to do.
    That said; its just wiser to leave me a post-it-note... or tap me on the shoulder.

That said; Turning off a malfunctioning game is the only "real" way to let the owner know it's broken beyond use. IE a stuck ball which prevent continuing game play... or non-functioning flippers. I check on my machines regularly; but do not play them. An "off" machine is the only way I know for sure there is an issue.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

For some reason they do 95% of the work to bring a pin, but stop just short of getting it level, aka playable.

Because - It's already a chore to shop/wax/test/repair, breakdown, drive w/ trailer (hours), and then set back up. Further; you know you're going to have to work on the machine (or at least I do)… so by the time I'm done setting up 5-7machines; I'm exhausted... hungry and thirsty. By the time I'm back from solving the last two; the show is open and I can't work around the attendees.

No; my machines are never for sale. Always there, working for free play only.

Thank you for leveling machines for other attendees. just be careful with my stuff.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Zitt's games got 20 pinstadiums in a row.

Not a chance in hell that will ever happen now... unless it's here on the website in the promo boxes.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from wmanningiv:

Young kids are going to button mash the flippers, bang on the glass, dry fire the plunger over and over again, and leave greasy smears behind.

Aint that the truth.
    I once took my brand new ST:MU homebrew to a local weekend maker event here in Austin.
    I had to walk away because of all the kids double flipping with no real understanding of what they were trying to do. On one hand; I was happy they were experiencing Pinball for probably the first time... on the other I was disappointed they were "Free range" without their parents really supervising anything. It was clear that a lot of people didn't understand what Pinball was.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-ok-to-level-games-on-location?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.