Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KingHebes
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it OK to level games on location?”

• Yes 104 votes
      40%
    • No 144 votes
      55%
    • Other 13 votes
      5%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leg_leveler_heavy_duty (resized).jpg
    armytrainingsir (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 4 years ago

My games on location would never be so far out of level side-to-side that anyone would try to fix them in that direction. And if they were, please do fix it!

But, I removed all the bubble levels because occasionally someone would come jack up the front legs to center the bubble, and then it would play slow, flat, and terribly. Dear person: you've made it worse and are not the People's Hero. I've seen someone walk up to a game, look at the bubble level, and then say to their friend "this isn't level" as a way to brag.

PSA: YOU CANNOT TRUST THE BUBBLE LEVEL. If you center the bubble on most NIB games, your game is now way below the pitch at which it was designed for.

Anyway, I have steepened games on location that were unbearably flat. I justify it by telling myself that the operator set it up correctly but some other person came in, looked at the bubble level, and made a stupid adjustment on their own.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Personally I'd rather the patron turn the power off, at least then I'd know something is wrong with a particular machine. When staff doesn't report it, it can get frustrating. I usually rely pretty heavily on payouts and regulars.

Yep, me too.

I'd rather have the game off and I don't know about it, than have it turned on and stealing quarters from people as an unplayable game. The latter is much worse for your reputation and customer service.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-ok-to-level-games-on-location?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.