Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KingHebes
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it OK to level games on location?”

• Yes 104 votes
      40%
    • No 144 votes
      55%
    • Other 13 votes
      5%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leg_leveler_heavy_duty (resized).jpg
    armytrainingsir (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Not your game. I'd leave it alone. Complain to the location or game operator, yes. Let them check.

And unless you can take the glass off and have a level, there is always the chance you are wrong. Or someone else is. And with everybody playing with it, it will only get worse if everybody adjusts it to their thinking.

LTG : )

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

The problem with just letting the operator know, is that nothing changes...ever.

Quite supporting operators who don't care about their customers.

7 months later
    #96 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Since when can power cycling damage a pinball machine?

Can happen. Especially at power up is when things can happen.

On my original AFM I had a customer win a bunch of games and went to cancel them off. Started the games. Turned the game off. Turned it back on. Blew a few fuses.

I prefer that my customers leave me do anything that needs doing. Then I won't blame them.

#101 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Gotta be honest... I'm firmly in the "don't touch my stuff" camp.

Can't blame you for that. A custom game like your Star Trek that you put a lot of work into. Best leave the owner deal with anything that needs attention. Especially if a player thinks there is a problem and there isn't.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If your game is out of kilter, you should welcome someone trying to help or at least not want to murder him.

You are coming from experience and knowledge on how to do these things. And how the game should be.

Too many people don't know what they are doing, why, or how. Yet forge ahead no matter how bad things get.

Disclaimer : May not want to murder them. Would like to hurt them a little.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Ops should be tightening down the leg leveler nuts. If you do this, the game will not go out of level unless it is physically moved to a different spot at the location.

Or the customer has a wrench with him. If they think they know best, they'll come prepared.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

If I operated pins and one got off-level, I would thank any reasonably capable pinball person for correcting it.

You'll get over that thinking after they F up a couple of your games.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I never did find the silicone feet,

No glue will stick to silicone to make theft a little harder.

Disclaimer : Maybe a leg leveler with the silicone foot molded on it ?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-ok-to-level-games-on-location?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.