Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KingHebes
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it OK to level games on location?”

• Yes 104 votes
      40%
    • No 144 votes
      55%
    • Other 13 votes
      5%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leg_leveler_heavy_duty (resized).jpg
    armytrainingsir (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 5 years ago

You can’t properly level a machine with the glass on for one. Secondly, not your machine, don’t adjust it. Third, if an operator is to lazy to fix it, stop supporting his location.

If I were to speculate, I’d say a location that had unkept pins probably wouldn’t care or even notice is somebody adjusted it, if that’s the case though, why pump money into garbage wagons? On the other hand, if the pins are super clean/well maintained etc., the operator is probably going to loose his shit over it. Either way, it’s not worth messing with, either advise and move to another pin or location.

7 months later
    #103 4 years ago
    Quoted from advans13:

Do you put a napkin under a wobbly table at a restaurant? I sure as shit do.

Does a wobbly table cost as much as a pinball machine? Does the table loose significant value when it bumps into another table causing a ding, scratch or scuff? Dose a table provide the primary means of income at a location?

Best to just leave other people’s property alone.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingHebes:

The op at my location doesn't have a top and bottom nut on most of them. Have you tried the rubber or silicon feet to help against slide save and death save movement? Curious if they are worth it on location.

I have silicon feet on all my location pins, also have the nuts tightened up on all of them. Pins are perfectly leveled and pitched, the ground is marked where the levelers go. No reason at all to mess with them. People still do stupid ”tricks” to adjust the pins to their liking. Somebody the other day removed the back silicone feet on a Tron to lower the degree of slope so it plays flatter. I never did find the silicone feet, had to break up a new set of silicone feet to replace the two from Tron that disappeared.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

It boggles my mind the number of people responding to this thread that operate games and report that people are messing with the levelers. Tighten the nuts on the levelers...problem solved. You'll have no more instances of people messing with your games.
    Are any of the operators on here reading my posts? Am I set on ignore? I see a huge lack of people operating games acknowledging what I'm saying. Or would you rather have people continue to mess with your games so you can come on Pinside and complain in this thread?

Yes, operators have read your post, yes, as an operator I tighten all the nuts up. Yes people still find ways to adjust the pin to their liking weather it’s napkins under the feet or removing footies if equipped.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Maybe a leg leveler with the silicone foot molded on it ?

That is a super great idea!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-ok-to-level-games-on-location?tu=Bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.