Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KingHebes
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it OK to level games on location?”

• Yes 104 votes
      40%
    • No 144 votes
      55%
    • Other 13 votes
      5%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leg_leveler_heavy_duty (resized).jpg
    armytrainingsir (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 4 years ago

I'm an operator.

Do not adjust leg levelers - it's not your fucking machine.

Something not to your liking? Report it, play another machine, go somewhere else, or buy your own. Those are your options.

Some other things I wish "helpful" people would stop doing:
    Turning off the power - that just delays a fix because I won't know about it
    Power cycling - it can damage the machine
    Putting tape or handmade signs on a machine you think is broken - this just delays a fix because again I won't know about it
    Physically lifting up the machine or nudging so hard the machine moves from where its legs are - now I have to RELEVEL it, yes one inch to the left makes a difference on a worn wood floor

This should be common sense, people.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Make your fucking tilt tighter

Lol, they're plenty tight. Doesn't do anything for the rage push, does it?

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Personally I'd rather the patron turn the power off, at least then I'd know something is wrong with a particular machine. When staff doesn't report it, it can get frustrating. I usually rely pretty heavily on payouts and regulars.

That doesn't do jack since staff usually turns the pins off at night and back on in the morning. Bad staff is a management issue that is correctable.

If you don't trust the staff use pinballmap.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Power cycling?!?

I’d rather staff left them on 24/7.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

a table put in public to be played by the public is not not a faberge’ egg.

Said nobody at all.

It’s simple: don’t fuck with something you don’t own. Road to hell and all. Want to help? REPORT IT.

#135 4 years ago

The level of entitlement and self-delusion that someone has to have that they think they have the right to make "personal adjustments" on other people's property makes me sick.

Just yesterday I caught some homeless people trying to jimmy the lock on a fully enclosed and locked trash area. All so they could scrounge for fifty cents of recyclable cans. They didn't give a flying fuck about the $200 lock they were about to bust. No, they were entitled to their damn fifty cents. Exact same bullshit snowflake attitude.

Stop it. Show some respect.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But seriously, I get sick of people thinking me leveling your shit ass game 3 turns to the right is the same as a filthy bum breaking your lock.

You should be feeling sick about fucking with someone else's property. Shame on you.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from wmanningiv:

From your blog: http://pinblog.rampantplatypus.com/getting-over-being-a-collector/
    "Pinball machines are not princesses
    But the biggest thing was getting over thinking of my pinball machines as special princesses to be treated delicately. When you route your pinball machines, people are going to beat on them. It’s what people do. You can’t stop it.
    When I first put my pinball machines on route I remember sitting nearby having lunch and some children came up. They didn’t play, but they banged on the glass and left greasy smudges all over the glass. I could have gotten mad, or shooed them away, or worried about the game getting damaged.
    But instead I just ignored it and enjoyed my lunch, happy that they got some free entertainment. After they left I cleaned the glass.
    That’s how you have to be.
    Young kids are going to button mash the flippers, bang on the glass, dry fire the plunger over and over again, and leave greasy smears behind. Adults will slam the plunger with their open palm, kick, lift, drop, and jerk the machine, leave food bits on the glass, spill beer, and everything else kids do too. It’s okay. They can take it. Pinball machines are built to withstand the rigors of daily public punishment. It’s baked into the design over decades and decades."

So let me get this straight. Someone here suggested someone was calling pinball machines faberge eggs. Then I wrote 'said nobody at all.' And you link to me writing that pinball machines aren't faberge eggs. So, thanks for helping me make my point.

Or do you somehow believe that because I wrote this that I condone this behavior? That it makes it right? That I like it when people do this?

And Swainer80 does anyone give a shit if you slip a coaster under their pin, of course not. Again, "said nobody at all."

Lifting a machine, adjusting bolts, flipping the power? NO. That's not okay. You think the machine isn't level, broken, whatever, report it and go play another game. As a bonus if you report it we will gladly refund your two quarters, because that's the right thing to do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-ok-to-level-games-on-location?tu=Brijam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.