6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by sven
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it OK to level games on location?”

• Yes 59 votes
      46%
    • No 60 votes
      47%
    • Other 8 votes
      6%

(127 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy.gif

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 months ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

... and 4 of us are kissing cousins

*Looking up length of drive to Oklahoma*

Ping!

What these threads honestly tell us the most, is how many ops there are out there; which is great.

#52 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

*Looking up length of drive to Oklahoma*

Ping!
    What these threads honestly tell us the most, is how many ops there are out there; which is great.

We’re the OG’s of pinball collecting!

#53 6 months ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Do you clean the dirty taps at the bar, restock the urinal cake in the pisser? No

No, but I go get a wet and a dry paper towel to clean the little shelf where we set our drinks. Don't want T's hand to get dirty.

#54 6 months ago

I'm going to side with no... It's up to the op to decide how they want it set up.

#55 6 months ago

I get the arguments against leveling games on location, but goddamn sometimes it's so bad that it would be impossible to make it worse. I have on occasion gotten on my hands and knees and leveled a game. It has to be pretty bad though.

#56 6 months ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

I have on occasion gotten on my hands and knees

have you met my friend?

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/bangerjay

#57 6 months ago

Anymore I play very few pins on route that need to be leveled. There is 1 place I play out of town that has all of the new sterns but they aren’t well taken care of. I only go for the antique Weller for ~$10 a pour and great burgers or dogs. The last time I was there GOTG was literally on 3 legs. I did what I could to at least get it stable between adjusting the levelers and adding some napkins.
    As long as a pin is stable I will adapt my playing style to how the pin is sitting.

#58 6 months ago

If it's really bad, I'll adjust it and if the glass is really dirty, I'll clean it. If I can tell the machine is from an operator who takes care of there stuff, then I probably won't mess with it and just tell the location. There's a lot of places out there that don't touch or maintain they're machines at all. In those kind of places you are only helping them, because they don't know any better.

#59 6 months ago

Depends on how badly unlevel the game is. I was at Blainebrook recently and the Metallica was horribly unlevel. After a few drinks my give a shit really goes away and I couldn't help but fix the damn thing. I'm very meticulous when it comes to my games and if a light bulb is out it will drive me nuts. So playing on location is tough for me. But if its a simple thing like throwing a coaster folded up under a leg to help out? I'm going to do so. Metallica is too good to be unlevel.

#60 6 months ago

I'm an operator, I do it for my operator customers and occasionally for other operators out of habit.

#61 6 months ago
    Quoted from PrinzFred:

I would also have people tell me the game was not level, because of the slope "bubble" was not in the middle and try to adjust legs up or down with coasters. Very annoying to have people moving a pinball machine worth thousands of $$!

I've had someone do this and it made the game super wobbly, kind of pissed me off. I started taking those bubble levels out of my games after that, since I prefer getting at or around 7 degrees.

on the other hand I have been tempted to fix other ops games, but then concluded its not my business and stopped going to that location.

The main thing is it's a liability, whether you get hurt some how or you break the game, chances are it won't be right anyway.

#62 6 months ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Since I’m in a battle of words with a bad ass, I’m going to just tap out now before I get hurt.

Smart move, Sir.

#63 6 months ago

Not of it's too steep our not steep enough to my liking, or it's a little too the left or right.
    I do however help when it's so unlevel the operator can't possibly be happy with it , and the game would get damage sooner because the game mostly rests on only 3 legs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 129.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    £ 58.00
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 219.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 224.99
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 35.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside