(Topic ID: 228458)

Is it ok to criticize pins or manufacturers?

By Crile1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

charassasin02 (resized).jpg
    2 cents (resized).jpg
    8DFCE959-BFA2-4DD9-B1C9-DD15BFEC64BE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4625 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

1) Don't come in and drop negative comments on a pin in an owner's thread. That thread is for people who paid their hard earned money for that game, or those who are looking for information on that game, or fellow owners discussing fixes, mods, rules, etc.
    2) Don't make personal attacks. Yeah, it's in the Pinside moderation rules, but people do it anyway
    3) Don't criticize a game in a For Sale thread. It's just not polite. It's like picketing in front of a store.

I pretty much agree with this.

Cool...but this site isn't the government hindering your right to express your opinion. There are literally millions of example of things you can't say in a particular venue that have no relation to "free speech".

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

like yelling 'fire' in a crowed theater when there is no fire?
    you might have to think about that one for a minute to understand how it relates to pinside.

I was thinking more along the lines of how yelling anything in a crowed theater can get you kicked out. It's a theater; people are there to enjoy a show. Just like this site; you either follow the rules or you might be asked to leave. Neither is a First Amendment issue.

Quoted from greenhornet:

correct. not even close. but in which direction?

Um...more restrictive.

EDIT: I should add, that while I don't agree with many of your bashing posts, it's more of an issue of you doing it repeatedly in de facto owner forums. I wouldn't mind it as much if you started a single "I hate _______ thread". However, I think trashing games in those other forums over, and over, and over just comes across as trolling.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-ok-to-criticize-pins-or-manufacturers?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.