Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jj44114
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010693 (resized).JPG
    P1010694 (resized).JPG
    P1010695 (resized).JPG
    grounded leg (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from pete_d:

I find it inane to take the title of the post so literally. My paraphrasing of the actual post the author of the thread made is accurate.
    It's not necessary to ground any part of a pin that was originally manufactured without a ground. So obviously it's also not necessary to ground the legs. Replies restating that obvious fact are pointless. The OP's message makes it clear they are looking for a more nuanced and informative response.
    There are several people apparently claiming first-hand knowledge on the topic, but for some reason they refuse to share any of the factual basis for their answers, instead posting just "no" without any explanation to justify the response. I find that sort of reply useless; you all may be the most brilliant people on the planet, but if I were the OP, I still wouldn't trust you well enough to take action on such a thin reply.

The fact that you find it inane is irrelevant, so paraphrase away!

And sorry you find some of the replies useless since they aren't backed up by a dissertation on electrical grounding principles. If you ask someone "Is it ok if I stick my finger in this light socket" and they just tell you "No, dumb ass", do you go ahead and do it? I mean, it's such a thin reply, how can you trust it???

The op has been here 8 years and has 13 games, sounds to me like he's just shooting the shit and making conversation, not writing a technical manual. And apparently he WASN'T looking for a more nuanced, informative response since he hasn't chimed back in. Nice of you to look out for him though. I feel better knowing someone that's been here less than a year will come to the rescue if these other old-timer assholes don't answer questions to your satisfaction.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-necessary-to-ground-legs?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.