BCcolor (resized).jpg
IMG_4739 (resized).JPG
IMG_4738 (resized).JPG
IMG_4736 (resized).JPG
IMG_4735 (resized).JPG
IMG_6638 (resized).JPG
IMG_6637 (resized).JPG
IMG_6636 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ripper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago

Artwork in OP's post is also wrong, not just the colors! Notice the circle around the W logo is different, one missing, and some other details are off.

Definitely looks like the work of Classic Arcades - I've had a few things off them and all been poor quality, was really not happy! The police force decals have the wrong colours and the artwork is different too, especially on the coin door! But going off the preview which is also used on the PPS website I should have seen the issue.

What really gets my goat is how some of these sellers are handed the license to print whatever they want yet the more reputable sellers overseas can't get one.

Did anyone else see The Flintstones translite which looked like something downloaded off Google with the Williams logo slapped across it?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure the overseas guys don't need a license unless they're shipping back to the US/Can.

I tried to buy to some stuff from the guys in England who had tons of artwork for just about every game, but couldn't. He said they were forced to stop due to the legal issues brought about from the license holders.

1 month later
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe it was movie-licensed stuff like The Shadow, Flintstones, Indiana Jones, etc and they were getting grief from the movie IP license holders. Original theme Bally/Williams/Data East pinball stuff I don't think was covered in Europe and just can't be imported into the US/Can legally.

Hmm no, they specifically said it was Planetary Pinball causing the problem.

I'd never buy anything from those assholes at PPS or Classic Arcades anyway. Would rather get it from the hobbyists who actually care about pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ripper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-me-or-is-this-decal-not-the-correct-color?tu=Ripper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.