5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by shimoda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I recently bought addams fam love it but all I want is another this seems to happen every time no matter what the cost or fun factor is it just me or is pinball a serious addiction?im sick I tell you

#2 5 years ago

Welcome to pinball

There is no way to ever "quench the thirst" for another machine

#3 5 years ago

Just you.

Everybody else here is normal.

Bwahahahahahah.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : sanest of the asylum

#4 5 years ago

It's never enough!!!

#5 5 years ago

Yeah, I just picked up a Demo Man and all I can think about is when Ill get my next fix...

#6 5 years ago

Half of the fun is in the hunt, and once captured then the hunter needs to find his next game. I have caught myself several times looking for another title while one is on its way. A true sickness

#7 5 years ago

It used to happen to me, but now that I have all the ones I ever wanted, I don't think about another one unless something comes my way.

#8 5 years ago

It is truly the definition of insanity.

#9 5 years ago

Ever hear of the "hedonic principle"?

#10 5 years ago

im sick too...new pin seems to help.....4 about a day.

#11 5 years ago

I find myself constantly scheming to get just one more game, and then I get one and want just one more. Totally normal.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Welcome to pinball
    There is no way to ever "quench the thirst" for another machine

Yeah, I've got the fevor! And I'll admit that I'm addicted. But I have discovered how to "quench the thirst". Apparently, all you have to do is tell your wife that you bought your 5th machine and she will immediately remove that "thirst" from your palate!
    I'm going to let the dust settle for a bit now. I'd really like to stay married and don't want to be homeless. Divorced and living under a pinball machine is not how I picture line one of my resume' to read.

#13 5 years ago

Sometimes it's enough..

When you realized your pinball collection is worth more than anything else you own, sometimes you have to wake up and realize how far you have fallen down the rabbit hole.

I also have a short attention span which led me to sell games faster then most would. So yes sometimes you need to be happy with what you have not what's around the corner. Of course I am not perfect or cured as I ordered a mm and really don't "need" it.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

I recently bought addams fam love it but all I want is another this seems to happen every time no matter what the cost or fun factor is it just me or is pinball a serious addiction?im sick I tell you

I can help.
    A friend of mine devised a math formula to help me determine whether I have "enough" pins in my collection.

The formula is as follows:

The amount of pins necessary to equal "enough" is a function of (N + 1)
    Where N = The number of pins Currently in possession
    Therefore: (N+1)=The correct number of pins
    As you can see, the formula is quite simple. You may use this formula for bicycles, fly rods, skis,.........etc.

I hope this helps.

#15 5 years ago

The cure is the next one!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : sanest of the asylum

You rang....

#17 5 years ago

Must be something in the Hilton apples.

#18 5 years ago

I use to do heroine ,but now theres no money left due to pinball.

#19 5 years ago

You are not alone my friend. Never enough

#20 5 years ago

I am so used to trading and acquiring things like 10 year olds with baseball cards..

The cost of these things isn't even enough of a deterrent to keep from doing it..

Sickness. I have 33 Vids, and have move onto pins. It can only get worse.

#21 5 years ago

I used to say never enough, but i was wrong.

Too many? The amount is different for everyone. To determine this is easy. If you have to have enough time to play and to fix what you own. If not......you have too many. If your games are mostly broken, you have too many. if you fix constantly and never get to play, you have too many.

If you use your games and properly maintain them, you are good (IMO). This could be 10 or it could be 40. Depends on your time and the age of the game. Sounds like you are still good!

Hoard - 1. a hidden fund or supply stored for future use, a cache. 2. To keep hidden or private

#22 5 years ago

40 - 50 I don't know. This feeling of wanting the next one never goes away for me. Interest in type may change but always looking for another. Even when space is over consumed. Gotta love this hobby. I know I sure do!

#23 5 years ago

Never have enoughgames, but when you have a shed and three rooms of you house filled with folded up games that cannot be played , certainly puts a dampener on the buying itch

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I used to say never enough, but i was wrong.
    Too many? The amount is different for everyone. To determine this is easy. If you have to have enough time to play and to fix what you own. If not......you have too many. If your games are mostly broken, you have too many. if you fix constantly and never get to play, you have too many.
    If you use your games and properly maintain them, you are good (IMO). This could be 10 or it could be 40. Depends on your time and the age of the game. Sounds like you are still good!
    Hoard - 1. a hidden fund or supply stored for future use, a cache. 2. To keep hidden or private

I thought the same thing, I got up to a high of 12 and thought that it was starting to get ridiculous with all the games in the garage and basement. I really only play 5 or 6 at most, so that's what I went back down to. All I need to do is to get back the games I want that I had in the past(TSPP, LOTR) and then I'll be set. The other tipping point for me was when prices started getting ridiculous a couple years ago, that kind of sucked my desire out of the hobby as pinball became less of a hobby than it had been.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

My addiction is to start more addiction threads>

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fanatic:

I can help.
    A friend of mine devised a math formula to help me determine whether I have "enough" pins in my collection.
    The formula is as follows:
    The amount of pins necessary to equal "enough" is a function of (N + 1)
    Where N = The number of pins Currently in possession
    Therefore: (N+1)=The correct number of pins
    As you can see, the formula is quite simple. You may use this formula for bicycles, fly rods, skis,.........etc.
    I hope this helps.

There's another formula I have seen in action as well that brings a new variable into the equation

X = number of machines you THINK you have space for
    Y = ACTUAL number of machines you need to buy to properly fill the spae
    N = number of machines owned

Y = (X-N)+1

As you can see, the number X continues to climb as, just when you think you can't fit anymore, you buy another one, and poof! There's the room!

The downside of this equation is that if/when your wife/husband/family deserts you and leaves the house empty, X climbs astronomically and the empty void left behind will, literally, be filled by pinball machines.

Wait did i say downside....

#27 5 years ago

It is all in the hunt, and the fixup, then the next interesting pin comes along.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Silvercoin:

I am so used to trading and acquiring things like 10 year olds with baseball cards..
    The cost of these things isn't even enough of a deterrent to keep from doing it..
    Sickness. I have 33 Vids, and have move onto pins. It can only get worse.

You really should not be collecting 10 year olds....

#29 5 years ago

I think I need a twilight zone....... oh god it hurts

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

You really should not be collecting 10 year olds....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.99
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 26.95
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.95
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside