Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

just-say-no-first-wife-nancy-reagan-drug-war-prohibition-sci-political-poster-1269748810.jpg
    image.jpg
    th.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from WonkoTSane:

I think that it also may be the new board rules and changes. In the past if you did not make a FS post and just listed it, the sale would go unnoticed by the masses. Now it creates the FS post for you I believe.

Its optional. I like the feature.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If Kiss stirs up this much interest to make people sell off machines, perhaps they should strongly consider doing Angel next.

Angel was an AWESOME band.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I tried for years to forget about that band. Thanks a lot.

Quoted from dung:

Ughhhh, friend of mine wanted me to listen to them. Just cannot make it through more than a song at any given time.

Angel was a Gene Simmon's find and project and he got them signed to Kiss's record label. Back then I thought they were actually better than Kiss. Which doesn't say much. But unlike Kiss I did buy their records.

#54 8 years ago

Recently I was taken to task for my pricing of games at Allentown and in general. What's amusing about the price police getting on my case is that I've never *not* sold a game. I don't always get asking, but eventually it sells.

What's even more amusing is I recently went through my old R.G.P. posts from the late 90's and early 2000's and even back then people were giving me grief for my prices - and if I offered that stuff now for the prices I was doing then, people would think I was giving it away.

It's all relative. Ignore the price police.

#55 8 years ago

I sell games all the time. I buy games all the time. I don't promise money to anyone.

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Recently I was taken to task for my pricing of games at Allentown and in general. What's amusing about the price police getting on my case is that I've never *not* sold a game. I don't always get asking, but eventually it sells.
    What's even more amusing is I recently went through my old R.G.P. posts from the late 90's and early 2000's and even back then people were giving me grief for my prices - and if I offered that stuff now for the prices I was doing then, people would think I was giving it away.
    It's all relative. Ignore the price police.

Cars, guns, art, all sells for more than it used to. What is your point exactly? Take one of the multi million dollar art auctions recently. Put those pieces up for sale at their prices from the late 90s and people would think you are crazy. Probably because you have to be crazy to make the comparison.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Cars, guns, art, all sells for more than it used to. What is your point exactly?

That people have been bitching and moaning about prices since the dawn of time and they'll continue to do so until the sun goes out, so just ignore those people.

#58 8 years ago

Who gives a shit.

#59 8 years ago

Price policing has become a blood-sport here on pinside. I would suggest that for every deal you see here, there are far more occurring outside the forum listings.... and that number is likely growing.

Its great exposure, but sellers will have not just their game and price examined but even their motivation for selling will be scrutinized....

Obviously its a private site, and the owners can do as they please, BUT:

Of ALL the forums I participate on, across a variety of hobbies and interests, NONE would allow the kind of bashing that is common here in for-sale threads....

I know that kind of change would ruin the fun for the price nazis, so that's certainly a concern if they were ever to tone down the bashing....

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

No, still trolling and smoking pot...

I'd never buy a machine from someone who smokes pot because I guarantee they smoke pot while playing their machines and that's just as bad as cigarette smoke. Listen to Nancy and "just say NO."

just-say-no-first-wife-nancy-reagan-drug-war-prohibition-sci-political-poster-1269748810.jpgjust-say-no-first-wife-nancy-reagan-drug-war-prohibition-sci-political-poster-1269748810.jpg

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

their motivation for selling

1. I am shaking up the line up.
    2. I am getting out of the hobby.
    3. I have found my grail pin and something needs to go.
    4. The wife needs a new set of tits and this is the only way I can afford that.
    5. The game sucks.

#62 8 years ago

And, really, 1-4 are really 5.

#63 8 years ago

Lowpeg are you sensitive to the price police because of your ACDC listed $1000 above the most recent sale?

You know, the game no one bought due to price so you ended the listing?

Just wondering

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Price policing has become a blood-sport here on pinside. I would suggest that for every deal you see here, there are far more occurring outside the forum listings.... and that number is likely growing.
    Its great exposure, but sellers will have not just their game and price examined but even their motivation for selling will be scrutinized....
    Of ALL the forums I participate on, across a variety of hobbies and interests, NONE would allow the kind of bashing that is common here in for-sale threads....
    I know that kind of change would ruin the fun for the price nazis, so that's certainly a concern if they were ever to tone down the bashing....

I agree with this. It's a major detractor from posting any kind of pin for sale on Pinside.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Lowpeg are you sensitive to the price police because of your ACDC listed $1000 above the most recent sale?
    Just wondering

His price is his price...but, to be honest, I know of a pinsider that paid just a few hundred less than his asking price about 3 weeks ago.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Nope... and I'm not sure your facts are straight here... what exactly was the last huo acdc pre sold for? It sounds like you must know?

Quoted from PW79:

Just wondering

lol- sorry to burst your bubble, but I ended the listing for a much more obvious reason- the pin was sold... to a pinsider.

As an officer in the Price Police, I apologize for not informing you directly of the sale.... better luck next time

#67 8 years ago

Congrats

What did it sell for?

$6800?

There was a $5800 ACDC listed here a few days ago BTW that's the lower priced game I'm referring to

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Congrats
    What did it sell for?
    $6800?
    There was a $5800 ACDC listed here a few days ago BTW that's the lower priced game I'm referring to

It sold for MORE than the "You're an idiot for not taking an offer of $6200"
    and LESS than the original listing price of $6800.

So... pretty much like I expected....

I actually didn't realize as soon as you take down the market ad (which I did when the buyer paid me) it simultaneously locked the forum thread else I would have trumpeted the news and alerted the media!

Unfortunately, the sale occurred simultaneous to the new Prince in England being named, so it was bumped from the headlines...

#69 8 years ago

So $6201?

Lol

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

So $6201?
    Lol

so much passion in someone elses sale!?!

However, its none of anyones business but the buyers, but I'll say I turned down offers off $6500 (which i think I even emailed you the details of because you called bullshit on them). So I will say it was not less than those offers either.

And people wonder why there's not MORE pins listed in pinside for sale?

lol...

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Part of the problem is that you have plenty of idiots on the other side of the fence too. They own the game and want the price to rise so they chime in saying how great a deal it is. JP for 3500? You will get several morons saying how awesome a deal it is. It would be better overall if mods limited the discussion strictly to questions about the machine and end the conversation altogether.

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Part of the problem is that you have plenty of idiots on the other side of the fence too. They own the game and want the price to rise so they chime in saying how great a deal it is. JP for 3500? You will get several morons saying how awesome a deal it is. It would be better overall if mods limited the discussion strictly to questions about the machine and end the conversation altogether.

I don't disagree with you.

The pumpers are trying to counteract the police... and offering just as little value to the conversation. The result is 7 page "for sale" threads with about 5 of 100 messages actually about the machine.

Certainly one option for sellers is to bypass the forum posting and simply list in the marketplace, but the tradeoff there is a significant delta in visibility. Exactly the reason I decided to enter the "Pinside FS Thunderdome" for my last sale

Kudos to pinside for at least giving folks that other option, however.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Congrats
    What did it sell for?
    $6800?

Just to make you feel better...

I bought the machine. I won't tell you what I paid in total (unless he wants me to), but in my mind, I paid him $5800 for the game, then gave him the money for the mods that he put in. Yes...there ARE people who put value in mods and are willing to pay for them (saved me the hassle of installing the shaker as well!). Lowepg was generous enough to pay more than half for the shipping, which he could have tagged me with. When you factor that all in, I consider the purchase a bargain...especially when the MSRP listed on Stern's site is $7700, the game isn't available anymore, and it's in such high demand.

I'll be playing my game Memorial Day weekend. Others will still be looking. That's worth a few extra bucks all day, every day...

But not that it's any of your business.

#74 8 years ago

I don't feel better

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I bought the machine. I won't tell you what I paid in total (unless he wants me to), but in my mind, I paid him $5800 for the game, then gave him the money for the mods that he put in. Yes...there ARE people who put value in mods and are willing to pay for them (saved me the hassle of installing the shaker as well!). Lowepg was generous enough to pay more than half for the shipping, which he could have tagged me with. When you factor that all in, I consider the purchase a bargain...especially when the MSRP listed on Stern's site is $7700, the game isn't available anymore, and it's in such high demand.
    I'll be playing my game Memorial Day weekend. Others will still be looking. That's worth a few extra bucks all day, every day...

....and...the most important thing...how do you like the game?

Pretty awesome, eh?

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Congrats, I hope you enjoy your game. Sounds like PW79 is just tasting sour grapes at this point and has not taken the time to rinse his mouth out. Sheesh.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I paid him $5800 for the game.

Congrats on the new game. $5800 is a fair price for ACDCprem.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Congrats on the new game. $5800 is a fair price for ACDCprem.

...well, just remember that's the bare bones price when I break it all down in my head. I paid quite a bit more than that. I think a lot of people don't want to consider everything that's gone into a machine. If it's somebody else's money, what do they care? They still want it for cheap.

I don't work that way. I've put a lot of money into all my machines, and I'd want to see a good portion of that back when I sell. Not all...just most. So I would only sell to people who appreciate mods like I do. You hear a lot of talk from the people who put no value in mods, but where I come from, we call them cheap-asses.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-is-there-a-lot-fs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.