Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

just-say-no-first-wife-nancy-reagan-drug-war-prohibition-sci-political-poster-1269748810.jpg
    image.jpg
    th.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 8 years ago

Every one wants KISS............Joey

#3 8 years ago

LOL, reminds me of this thread, created just 7 days ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-nothing-for-sale-whos-hoarding

#4 8 years ago

The pinball hobby is built almost entirely upon the buying and selling of games. I don't think there's significantly more going on than usual.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Why would everyone want to kiss joey?

#6 8 years ago

Only one does.

#7 8 years ago

I hear ya

That thread was BK

Before KISS

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I hear ya
    That thread was BK
    Before KISS

Agreed. Even if you're not a fan of the KISS theme, you might appreciate the increased volume of used pins coming to market.

#9 8 years ago

I'm selling a game, but it's not to buy Kiss, that's for sure. Still, it's nice to see a little movement again. It's obvious that Stern's last games weren't compelling enough to really shake things up, and if Kiss is doing that then great.

We should stop telling people to wait for code, go ahead and buy! It means the market is full of interesting stuff.

Waiting for another shot at a Medusa ...

#10 8 years ago

Just not enough money and/or space available. One interesting title gets announced and the selling frenzy begins… just wait until the day 2-3 interesting titles get announced!

#11 8 years ago

I got a pocket full of cash looking to buy so im happy with the influx.

#12 8 years ago

I've been trying to find an Indiana Jones for a neighbor. I, for one, am happy with the market created by KISS or whatever else is causing it.

#13 8 years ago

There's been an explosion of FS ads in the past couple weeks. Could be KISS, could be spring cleaning, could be folks finishing their winter projects.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Just not enough money and/or space available. One interesting title gets announced and the selling frenzy begins… just wait until the day 2-3 interesting titles get announced!

Hope that's true but I suspect something weird will occur

If games become cheap due to folks running out of money/space I bet people find money/space

Example: "I'm out of money/space but if LUCI was a $1000 game I'd manage to find the money/space"

I'm exaggerating to prove a point... But you get my point

Real life tho might be everything is a grand less. Cool

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

just wait until the day 2-3 interesting titles get announced!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Example: "I'm out of money/space but if LUCI was a $1000 game I'd manage to find the money/space"
    I'm exaggerating to prove a point... But you get my point

Definitely an exaggeration. I don't see Luci going much below $1200.

#17 8 years ago

I'm actually just thinning the herd, but that KISS machine does look cool. Might grab a Premium if the LEs and Pros hit and the reviews are positive on gameplay.

Looking to sell XMLE, maybe Luci, maybe TRON LE, maybe TSPP?

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Why would everyone want to kiss joey?

Nice wet one for yaa...!!!...lol................Joeyimage.jpgimage.jpg

#19 8 years ago

I am not seeing a lot for sale compared to years past.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I am not seeing a lot for sale compared to years past.

There's been a for sale post every 30 seconds for the past week… where've you been??????

#21 8 years ago

Everyone's trying to make back their Predator deposit.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Everyone's trying to make back their Predator deposit.

Is that one too soon?

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

There's been a for sale post every 30 seconds for the past week… where've you been??????

I have been right here, wishing there were new games at good prices for sale every few hours on CL and the like, as there has been in years past. Thats not happening yet.

Pinside Chicken Little Syndrome, lets find a cure.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I have been right here, wishing there were new games at good prices for sale every few hours on CL and the like, as there has been in years past. Thats not happening yet.
    Pinside Chicken Little Syndrome, lets find a cure.

CL?? Chicken Little Syndrome?? Not sure what any of that has to do with this thread??

#25 8 years ago

I see lots of over priced newer crap for sale, but it is not like the flood gates have opened and many games I want or good deals are out here. Still have to hunt pretty hard for the titles I care to now add to my collection.

#26 8 years ago

Meh...it's seasonal.

This time of year a few things are happening:
    People thawing out from the winter, able to get out and about.
    Tax returns are flowing.
    New machines are being announced which always results in a scramble for cash to fund tham.

In a few weeks things will cool off a little bit as summer approaches and people go away on vacation and do summertime stuff.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I see lots of over priced newer crap for sale, but it is not like the flood gates have opened and many games I want or good deals are out here. Still have to hunt pretty hard for the titles I care to now add to my collection.

Pretty much this. There have been some good deals, but tired of seeing 10 year old sterns asking what a nib goes for.

#28 8 years ago

I think there are the same amount of machines for sale this year.....at this time......as there were last year at this same time. There will always be lots of $7500 GNR, $3500 HS2, and other such listings that may or may not ever sell. Massive pin selloff for KISS? Nonexistent.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Pretty much this. There have been some good deals, but tired of seeing 10 year old sterns asking what a nib goes for.

Don't worry about 'asking' price. If you see something you're interested in send them a PM with an offer and you might be surprised. Some guys are ready to move a pin but just start with a high asking price which is smart. Don't let 'asking' price scare you away!

Rarely does anyone get 'asking' price anyway.

#30 8 years ago

Ireland wi-if wacky, deleting duplicate

#31 8 years ago

Duplicate

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Damn
    Must be due to KISS?

I remember thinking the same thing when Metallica was announced.

But sometimes things just get stale and people need to change things up. My tastes have changed and I'm trying to trade away / sell my DMD games. I bought a really nice Fathom this winter and now all I want are early eighties games. My wife thinks I took too many pucks to the head this season but I would love to grab a nice EBD , Flash Gordon and Amazing Spider-Man.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

CL?? Chicken Little Syndrome?? Not sure what any of that has to do with this thread??

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ummm, no. No desire here at all. I haven't noticed more FS's than usual personally (and I generally look at them all, lol.)

#35 8 years ago

Besides KISS a bunch of us will be getting TBLS, MMrs and Full Throttle. Thats room needed for three games in a couple of months. Plus Kiss and by fall maybe another Stern.
    Just need space.

#36 8 years ago

Lots for sale but prices need to go downward still for me to get excited.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Don't worry about 'asking' price. If you see something you're interested in send them a PM with an offer and you might be surprised. Some guys are ready to move a pin but just start with a high asking price which is smart. Don't let 'asking' price scare you away!
    Rarely does anyone get 'asking' price anyway.

Been at this longer than you've been on here Teekee and know how this works. Part of it is the market, supply and demand being what it is.

Example, paid 2500 for a straight off route rbion. After I finish with it I will have close to 2800-2900 in it, plus oodles of time. Not interested in getting rid of it, but even if I was, I won't sell it for what I have in it. It is too much work and also the work to find a replacement for it.

Still a really nice rbion is still under 3500. A decent lotr or tspp starts at that, if you can find one. Trouble is when they are asking more than a NIB ACDC pro or Met Pro its hard to justify. Sure, it might be HUO, but it is up to 12 years old now. I've seen plenty of HUO with insert cracking similar to System 11's. Much as I want a LOTR it just isn't worth a nib game that is by many accounts just as good.

Then again I don't think if someone offered me an even traded my PM for a routed LOTR that I'd take it. The difficulty of replacing PM is too great even if the market says LOTR is worth more.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Been at this longer than you've been on here Teekee and know how this works. Part of it is the market, supply and demand being what it is.

I've been at this a lot longer than I've been on here as well… not sure what that has to do with anything.

You seem to have missed my point anyway. You seem worried about what people are asking but you need to realize that a good bit of this stuff ACTUALLY SELLS for below asking… some way below asking!

Sometimes all it takes is an email with an offer. If I'm looking for something and it comes along I don't worry too much about 'asking' price I only worry about what I would pay. Make the offer and go from there. Sometimes it works. Not always but more than you may think!

Quoted from dung:

Much as I want a LOTR it just isn't worth a nib game that is by many accounts just as good.

You said that you know how this works but with this comment I am not sure… A LOTR is worth a NIB game because the market says it is. You said it yourself above! Not sure why a NIB pin should command more than a low played perfect HUO pin anyway. The HUO pin will look and play the same as the NIB pin. Most HUO pins are dialed in with some mods already in place… NIB doesn't mean better IMO.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I've been at this a lot longer than I've been on here as well… not sure what that has to do with anything.
    You seem to have missed my point anyway. You seem worried about what people are asking but you need to realize that a good bit of this stuff ACTUALLY SELLS for below asking… some way below asking!
    Sometimes all it takes is an email with an offer. If I'm looking for something and it comes along I don't worry too much about 'asking' price I only worry about what I would pay. Make the offer and go from there. Sometimes it works. Not always but more than you may think!

You said that you know how this works but with this comment I am not sure… A LOTR is worth a NIB game because the market says it is. You said it yourself above! Not sure why a NIB pin should command more than a low played perfect HUO pin anyway. The HUO pin will look and play the same as the NIB pin. Most HUO pins are dialed in with some mods already in place… NIB doesn't mean better IMO.

Teekee, did you stop trolling recently? While still stirring the pot your posts are making sense!

#40 8 years ago

If Kiss stirs up this much interest to make people sell off machines, perhaps they should strongly consider doing Angel next.

th.jpegth.jpeg

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Teekee, did you stop trolling recently? While still stirring the pot your posts are making sense!

No, still trolling and smoking pot...

#42 8 years ago

To me all I see is people yet again giving a knee-jerk reaction and preordering because of a band theme and pictures without actually seeing the game, playing the game, or knowing if it will release with finished code or ever receive finished code.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#43 8 years ago

Maybe because the last few titles released (from Stern) haven't elicited a lot of loyalty....

OR

because game room are getting full and folks now need to sell one to buy a new one?

OR

folks are becoming aware of how fragile this current economy is becoming....

#44 8 years ago

I'm selling a game or two, but not for KISS. I'm hoping someone that wants a KISS throws a reasonably priced Tron up for sale.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

No, still trolling and smoking pot...

Stirring the pot, stirring the pot....

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If Kiss stirs up this much interest to make people sell off machines, perhaps they should strongly consider doing Angel next.
    th.jpeg

I tried for years to forget about that band. Thanks a lot.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

th.jpeg

Ughhhh, friend of mine wanted me to listen to them. Just cannot make it through more than a song at any given time.

#48 8 years ago

I think that it also may be the new board rules and changes. In the past if you did not make a FS post and just listed it, the sale would go unnoticed by the masses. Now it creates the FS post for you I believe.

#49 8 years ago

At the prices most of the games are for sale at I'm sure they're in no danger of leaving their current owners imho....

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Stirring the pot, stirring the pot....

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-is-there-a-lot-fs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.