(Topic ID: 23592)

Is it just me or is everyone selling their Xmen?

By VisitorQ

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jackal2001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

big-lebowski-jesus_a_GIFSoup.com.gif
    tumblr_leimsh3O7U1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gerry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

My X-Men isn't going anywhere. This is an interesting test period for X-Men, since the LE was released first. We have to wait for code updates to perfect the game, with LEs sitting in game rooms. To me, it is understandable that some people are frustrated with the code right now on such an expensive game, and are selling off. They are running the risk that the code is dialed in to perfection soon, and we that are holding are running the risk that they are done with code.

This has nothing to do with the OP's sale, as he has stated he has different motivations for selling the game..

But i will be willing to bet, that some of these early sellers ( due to code disappointments) will be buying the game again later on once the code is polished, and the game is a solid top 2 or 3.. A title

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

I can't fathom selling my Wolverine. Insane to move it before the code its done IMO. As of today, I'd sell my mint SM, IM, or LOTR before moving X-Men, without question.

I could see LOTR, and or SM...but NOOOOOO on IM....

DONT DO IT !

#67 11 years ago

JonM said

The game is an utter turd from a mechanical and software standpoint, some like it, heck some love it but there is a far great amount that dislike it for numerous reason other than just RareHero and Akuma. I luckily dropped out of my Pre order as I saw a turd bobbing to the surface after promises made didn't materialise

You describe things much the way i would,,,

is your mothers name Gertrude? LOL

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I sold my wolverine first but I do like the game. My history shows that I have a pin flip habbit. I may buy a magnetto at some point. I think it's fine to buy and sell often. It's part of the hobby for me.

CG, you were like one of the first to get it werent you?

You and TATman as i recall....

I cant believe you sold it already....WOW

You do have a flipping habit..holy crap !

I didnt see that coming....i thought you were really into the game...

What gives?

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I sold TRON LE after a week too. That was the biggest mistake in my pin history to date. I like them all. I mean is their really a BAD NIB pinball machine. I think one thing that is not said much that we need to remember. Having $6,000 -$7,000 tied up in a machine is a tall order for many on here. Some of you are more wealthy than others. When I put that much into a game. I need to FEEL it to be worth every cent when I get it. If I have ANY doubts at all I will get that money back and try another. Classics or NIB's it don't matter. I just want to spend the money on a pin I want. Sometimes that want changes over night. Or every hour as my friends on here know me..... I sold/traded X to get my TF LE Combo back and some quick cash. I am happy I did that as I always missed TF LE. Now I can take my time and decide if I really want to get X back. I think I may. It's a great game. But, I like them all!!!!!!!!!!!I don't have the budget nor space to have them all. I have tried many in a short time and am happy. LOTR should be here by tuesday. Then what's next?

I gotta give you credit..thats a hard pill for me to swallow. (parting with a game), as i like em all too, for one reason or another...

I am kinda new to this whole NIB thing, and i just cant pull the trigger and dump one that i actually opened.....LOL ....until i can experience the full version of code....

I am gonna hold X till that happens...

I really like it so far with 1.2, and i hope to be blown away with the next update...

MY BIB sale was a timing thing for revenue on a project i had going on at the time, and i really regret selling it NIB..as it did help bring the project along, but didnt get it done all the way anyway.

and as it turns out it didnt matter if the game went or not in hindsight...

My biggest prob with selling pins is that i will only buy HUO or HUO condition stuff, and i know after hunting for a pin of high quality, if i sell it i might not find one as nice ever again...

usualy when i let one go, it is due to needing the room for the next arrival, rather than selling it off cause i dont like it or something like that...

I just sold my Airborne to Gweem (Brian) and i miss it already, and know for sure i will NEVER find a nicer one again..

I have an easy time buying, but a hell of a time selling...

like i said i gotta give ya credit... dont know if i could do it that quickly.. but if that keeps the pin juices flowing thats awesome...

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Im trying to settle on a few for a while. I know AC/DC is not leaving.

The premium is the next one in the door for me...

cant wait...and bonus...i have an open spot

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gerry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-is-everyone-selling-their-xmen?tu=gerry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.