(Topic ID: 23592)

Is it just me or is everyone selling their Xmen?

By VisitorQ

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jackal2001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

big-lebowski-jesus_a_GIFSoup.com.gif
    tumblr_leimsh3O7U1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Seems to me like there is a rash of posts with people trying to unload their Xmen LE either for a AC/DC or whatever...

No one waiting for new code? I mean I know the code now is not great but still...

#2 11 years ago

Yeah, I've seen that too. Got put on Ignore by several users here for pointing out that X-Men was a bit of a dud. The one at Shorty's is already having repair issues.

#3 11 years ago

I am still trying to decide between it and AC/DC but all these posts have me leaning away from Xmen especially after getting some good game play on AC/DC this past weekend.

#4 11 years ago

xmen is awesome. Ac/dc is awesome.. buy em both

#5 11 years ago

Nah. One or the other for me.

#6 11 years ago

Wait for the code update then decide. The games are completely different.

Some people LOVE AC/DC because freaks for flips and action have been waiting forever for a game this fast with tons of flipper action. SM was the king before this.

Some people really love the X-Men theme so they enjoy the game, and it's not a bad game I guess but I just can't find anything special about it. I don't get the moving ramp and the night crawlers are unfortunately nothing we havn't seen before in MM.

#7 11 years ago

that is a hard one then. I'd personally go xmen just based on theme and layout if you are going the PRO route.. I'd rather not look at that big face on the PRO version of Ac/Dc

#8 11 years ago

AC/DC Pro sucks. If you're going Pro go Xmen. Way smaller gap between Pro and LE on Xmen.

#9 11 years ago

If I get a Xmen it is a LE or bust, with AC/DC premium or nothing.

The ramp in Xmen is interesting but when it is activated it makes it hard to see the rest of the pf IMO.

#10 11 years ago

you are going LE route.. then i'd go AC/DC

#11 11 years ago

Maybe LE owners are trading down for Pro.
    Rember SM got a bad wrap for a long time now its an "a" game.

#12 11 years ago

Happens with all nib. Hype dies down, honeymoon is over. Recoup some funds.

#13 11 years ago

I was interested in picking up the AC/DC until I saw what kind of damage the cannon caused to the playfield of a routed pro model. I attached some pics in another post.

#14 11 years ago

I've got a Wolverine Xmen and an AC/DC Premium. At this point, even with the unfinished code, AC/DC is my favorite of the two. I really like Xmen but AC/DC is a blast to play everytime.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from denmark71:

I was interested in picking up the AC/DC until I saw what kind of damage the cannon caused to the playfield of a routed pro model. I attached some pics in another post.

Mylar my friend, Mylar.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Seems to me like there is a rash of posts with people trying to unload their Xmen LE either for a AC/DC or whatever...
    No one waiting for new code? I mean I know the code now is not great but still...

I think it's just you. Only a couple went up for sale. Most threads are for nib sales.

#17 11 years ago

Yup, I thought about selling and going for a Pro but after the code update and after spending a little time I have realized its a keeper. A little more tweaking and this is a perfect fit in my lineup.

#18 11 years ago

I have no intentions of getting rid of mine.

#19 11 years ago

Wait for The Next Big Thing....

#20 11 years ago

I think 4-5 people are selling theirs that actually opened it and played it (not counting the NIB ones). Considering they made 550 LE's and probably sold around 500 since there are still some for sale, that is only 1%-2% and does not seem like everyone to me. I could not move my NIB SM for $3850 back in 2009 and it sat for months because nobody cared for the game. Bet they regret passing on it now.

#21 11 years ago

Not selling mine, so it can't be everyone The ones I have seen selling theirs have been mentioning they are either going to get a Pro, or would get a Pro in the future.

I don't know why this would be impacting your decision though. If your concern is you want to pick the machine that is going to hold its value the best over the long run you cannot make any decision based on the data available at this point. My suggestion would be to just pick which gameplay style and theme you like most between X-men and AC/DC and then enjoy playing it.

#22 11 years ago

ITS A BANK RUN lol.

#23 11 years ago

Well it seems the true test of time is the only way to know. There are bound to be some of the early (sight unseen) buyers that decide the game is not for them.

#24 11 years ago

My big question is why do people give a shit if games are for sale after purchasing .why people why, is there some underlying desire to find out if it sucks or something. Have people not been around long enough to know while you may like MM i think its a pos 2 dollar turd and so on.

#25 11 years ago

I have noticed a few guys always buy the newest pin and within a short bit it's for sale. Figure they always have a new pin and with the pin market they might lose on one but make it up on another. Not a bad way to go if you swap out pins often.

#26 11 years ago

My X-Men isn't going anywhere. This is an interesting test period for X-Men, since the LE was released first. We have to wait for code updates to perfect the game, with LEs sitting in game rooms. To me, it is understandable that some people are frustrated with the code right now on such an expensive game, and are selling off. They are running the risk that the code is dialed in to perfection soon, and we that are holding are running the risk that they are done with code.

#27 11 years ago

Would like an update on code, but my magneto is going no-where. Love the theme but no problem with the gameplay either; will stay in my gameroom a longtime even if the code is done!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I think it's just you. Only a couple went up for sale. Most threads are for nib sales.

Agreed. I prowl the forums frequently since I work on my comp all day. I've only seen very few and NIB are what seems to be common.

I played both at markmon's place. They are great pins

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I think 4-5 people are selling theirs that actually opened it and played it (not counting the NIB ones). Considering they made 550 LE's and probably sold around 500 since there are still some for sale, that is only 1%-2% and does not seem like everyone to me. I could not move my NIB SM for $3850 back in 2009 and it sat for months because nobody cared for the game. Bet they regret passing on it now.

Hey I don't regret it,

#30 11 years ago

Mine is staying

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

My X-Men isn't going anywhere. This is an interesting test period for X-Men, since the LE was released first. We have to wait for code updates to perfect the game, with LEs sitting in game rooms. To me, it is understandable that some people are frustrated with the code right now on such an expensive game, and are selling off. They are running the risk that the code is dialed in to perfection soon, and we that are holding are running the risk that they are done with code.

This has nothing to do with the OP's sale, as he has stated he has different motivations for selling the game..

But i will be willing to bet, that some of these early sellers ( due to code disappointments) will be buying the game again later on once the code is polished, and the game is a solid top 2 or 3.. A title

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

This, I don't get the panic when there is a 1% turnover margin. Heck, that is incredable . . . 550 people just shelled out 6.5k for this game and 545 love it so much they are keeping it instead of getting their money back. Not bad for a sight unseen purchase.

Many of the ones selling it are the same guys that always sell their NIB games. As I mentioned in another thread; it took Tron LE over six months before its value started to increase . . . then it shot upwards. XMen is in great shape.

#33 11 years ago

That is pretty funny had a good laugh on it. Pretty sure it's just you. Would love to re-visit this topic in a year or two. I see this pin being very popular to play and own once code is completed and more pinheads play it.

#34 11 years ago

I can't fathom selling my Wolverine. Insane to move it before the code its done IMO. As of today, I'd sell my mint SM, IM, or LOTR before moving X-Men, without question.

#35 11 years ago

It's just you. (kidding)

Seriously though, mine's not going anywhere. One or two more software revisions (and service bulletins) and this game will be a top 10 for sure.

Those who are selling theirs have their reasons, but most have said it's not because they're unhappy with the game. *shrugs*

Although most people wouldn't try a sell a game by saying "This game blows". I did that with TF:LE though. I refused to sell my TF:LE to friends for that reason. "This isn't the game you're looking for.."

#36 11 years ago

It's very interesting how a small percentage of opinions or actions within a few small pinball internet forums can create a group opinion or price norm.

-EZ's rants and raves against Avatar seem to have been successful in forming people's opinions & driving the price down.
    -I don't want to take credit, but perhaps my rants and raves & Akumazeto's have had an effect on TF.
    -A few AFMs sold for $8k on ebay - now $8k+ is the norm on that game!

The pinball world seems like it can be manipulated by just a few opinions or sales - causing panic, fueling quick spikes in up/down pricing.

As for X-Men...I honestly can't figure out why anyone would dump it so quick...seems logical to wait at least for another update. Only positives in that scenario - you might like it better, and if not, it might be more desirable to potential buyers. Win/win.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's very interesting how a small percentage of opinions or actions within a few small pinball internet forums can create a group opinion or price norm.

Agreed. I was one of the only proponents of IM early on, and I'd rather not take credit too, but I had about 20 people tell me they played it and loved it after I explained why I liked it so much. Seems that now everyone loves it - wasn't the case when it came out, then it seemed like everyone hated it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

As for X-Men...I honestly can't figure out why anyone would dump it so quick...seems logical to wait at least for another update. Only positives in that scenario - you might like it better, and if not, it might be more desirable to potential buyers. Win/win.

Maybe they aren't willing to wait. You weren't willing to wait for another Transformers update, right? Having said that, unlike Transformers, it isn't like people are asking for bargain basement prices either.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

-EZ's rants and raves against Avatar seem to have been successful in forming people's opinions & driving the price down.
    -I don't want to take credit, but perhaps my rants and raves & Akumazeto's have had an effect on TF.

While I agree with the small segment thing, are you saying someones review of Avatar make people think it's not a good game, or just strictly the selling price?

EDIT: And for the record I don't feel like there are a lot of Xmen sales. I mean people are paying upfront before they get the game...sure a bunch of people just will not like it or had fun playing it and want to move on.

#39 11 years ago

People tend to believe what they hear. It is easy to manifest phantoms. Just keep saying something over and over and the sheep will believe (that is what the government, politicians, and news media do on a daily basis). This is what has pumped up the B/W titles in value.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

While I agree with the small segment thing, are you saying someones review of Avatar make people think it's not a good game, or just strictly the selling price?

It's more than a review, it was a maniac on a hate-mission. ...and the truth is, there are just NOT a lot of pins on location, so people take reviews and first impressions very seriously. Also, as we all know, pins on location aren't nearly as good as when enjoyed in a home experience. If I played an Avatar (or any new game) on location with zero sound, leveled poorly, slow slope, dirty pf, etc...I'd probably hate it too!

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's more than a review, it was a maniac on a hate-mission.

Gotcha. Yeah that might weigh into people's judgement I guess. My usual first reaction is to think that that's a silly statement, but I have to keep telling myself not everyone thinks the same way.
    I don't look to much into reviews, but that surely doesn't mean other people don't.

#42 11 years ago

Kind of does make sense to sell early. At the moment you can enjoy all the hype, be the first to play it, unbox it and then sell it for same price. I would buy every NIB if I could sell them all in this way just to enjoy the ride!

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Kind of does make sense to sell early. At the moment you can enjoy all the hype, be the first to play it, unbox it and then sell it for same price. I would buy every NIB if I could sell them all in this way just to enjoy the ride!

Yeah I agree. Wish I had that cash I would be ordering NIB for sure.

#44 11 years ago

Another Xmen LE has been posted for sale since this thread was started. Just sayin'.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Another Xmen LE has been posted for sale since this thread was started. Just sayin'.

True and it seems that I've seen a ton of ACDC for sale also though. That could just be my perception.

#46 11 years ago

As TheLaw points out many pins are sold all the time not sure why so many are tempted to panic or read so much into it.

tumblr_leimsh3O7U1qe0eclo1_r1_500.giftumblr_leimsh3O7U1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

#47 11 years ago

Also remember, some people just have the pinball ADD... (I'm lookin' at YOU, Coasterguy!)

#48 11 years ago

big-lebowski-jesus_a_GIFSoup.com.gifbig-lebowski-jesus_a_GIFSoup.com.gif

#49 11 years ago

I would not sell mine except if I went for a pro and pocket the not so small difference in price. However I love the LE back glass and I believe the Nightcrawler make the game just for me I like neat kind of toys like that, I don't care about the spinning disk and think the ice ramp is nots good would have passed on that feature in place of a factory installed shaker for the cost. Still can not get into the ice ramp as a positive feature.

#50 11 years ago

I sold my wolverine first but I do like the game. My history shows that I have a pin flip habbit. I may buy a magnetto at some point. I think it's fine to buy and sell often. It's part of the hobby for me.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-is-everyone-selling-their-xmen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.