11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by CNKay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180502_170517870_HDR (resized).jpg
    bjpg (resized).jpg
    Snakes+and+sparklers+_926c3c11b773de4e6d59253f61084827 (resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 months ago

Judging by this topic and the posters within it the traffic needs to lighten even more.

#52 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Just being honest. When I posted something like I did today, and some pinsiders make comments that my posts are not relevant or contribute to the site because I am somewhat new to the site, I figure...screw it why waste my time

I just had a look at the thread you started ... don’t take it personally, but it was a bit of a silly question.

“Would you buy a new SS game today, at the same price it was new back then”

First thing - it’s a no brainer. Of course you’d buy one at a 1977 price.

Second thing - no way it could be that price. It isn’t 1977 anymore. So you’re going to get some backlash there.

Third thing - remaking SS games has been sorta talked to death over the last year or two. Lots of threads about it.

So that’s why that thread went the way it did.

Like I said, don’t take it personally.

rd

#53 11 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Judging by this topic and the posters within it the traffic needs to lighten even more.

I LOL'd!

#54 11 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You are only missing the many posts that have been selectively deleted and vanished into thin air like so many other farts in the wind.

Bummer. I feel for ya, but I don't think we're aiming for posterity here.

#55 11 months ago

Love him or hate him. At least Otaku kept the Electro mechanical forum active.

#56 11 months ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I just had a look at the thread you started ... don’t take it personally, but it was a bit of a silly question.
    “Would you buy a new SS game today, at the same price it was new back then”
    First thing - it’s a no brainer. Of course you’d buy one at a 1977 price.
    Second thing - no way it could be that price. It isn’t 1977 anymore. So you’re going to get some backlash there.
    Third thing - remaking SS games has been sorta talked to death over the last year or two. Lots of threads about it.
    So that’s why that thread went the way it did.
    Like I said, don’t take it personally.
    rd

I deleted the thread due to some of the comments. I was having fun with it, but then someone goes personal and that's where I stop it. If you think it's a silly question that's fine, I see all sorts of stupid s*** posts and questions on this site, but I don't tell that person that they aren't contributing or because your new your posts shouldn't matter. It is an open forum isn't it??? If you don't like what I posted don't comment on it.

#58 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I deleted the thread due to some of the comments. I was having fun with it, but then someone goes personal and that's where I stop it. If you think it's a silly question that's fine, I see all sorts of stupid s*** posts and questions on this site, but I don't tell that person that they aren't contributing or because your new your posts shouldn't matter. It is an open forum isn't it??? If you don't like what I posted don't comment on it.

Nothing to get upset about grasshopper. The best way to deal with grouchy people is to be nice to them. Often times they do not know how to respond and go away. I am no old timer on the forum either and have probably written some questionable stuff. . . I still keep coming back.

Also, just because you drained the topic does not mean its gone. . . everyone else can still see it. YOU just cant see it!

#59 11 months ago

I understand that, maybe I don't under the kind of questions that should be asked on the site.

Maybe next time I'll ask all those guys what I should be asking. Because apparently I can ask just anything without worrying about how dumb or stupid the question is. Forgive me for ask dumb questions, it won't happen again. I am sure you all will be happy about that

#60 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I understand that, maybe I don't under the kind of questions that should be asked on the site.
    Maybe next time I'll ask all those guys what I should be asking. Because apparently I can ask just anything without worrying about how dumb or stupid the question is. Forgive me for ask dumb questions, it won't happen again.

There was nothing wrong with your question.

But you shouldn’t be so concerened with how people answer.

If you truly love your thread, you must set it free!

#61 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There was nothing wrong with your question.
    But you shouldn’t be so concerened with how people answer.
    If you truly love your thread, you must set it free!

Actually your comment got is the one that got me going:

Why do people make a poll/topic, and then get all pissy when people answer it?

Please answer as a YES/NO only!!

I wasn't pissed about anything till you chimed in with your comment.

#62 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Actually your comment got is the one that got me going:
    Why do people make a poll/topic, and then get all pissy when people answer it?
    Please answer as a YES/NO only!!
    I wasn't pissed about anything till you chimed in.

Well now I feel just terrible.

#63 11 months ago

I was just trying to have a little fun with my poll.

I get tired of seeing all the post about Iron Maiden, and what's the next Stern title going to be, which by the way I don't comment on, actually I guess I just did, but just wanted to give folks something else to talk about, that's all. Won't make that mistake again. All it does is chase people away. Maybe that's what you want.IDK

#64 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I was just trying to have a little fun with my poll.
    I get tired of seeing all the post about Iron Maiden, and what's the next Stern title going to be, which by the way I don't comment on, actually I guess I just did, but just wanted to give folks something else to talk about, that's all. Won't make that mistake again.

Except you didn't want people to actually talk about it, just answer your question the way you wanted to apparently. I just looked at your thread, which I had ignored previously for being a tired and not interesting question, and you're getting bent out of shape over nothing.

Don't start a discussion if you don't actually want a discussion. "Would you buy cool pinballs if they were really cool, and also really cheap?" isn't much of a start really, but it's really going nowhere if you're going to take your toys and go home the instant someone points that out.

#65 11 months ago

There is no such thing as a stupid question.............well, except that one

#66 11 months ago

Never in that post did I say 'Don't Comment" someone else did that.

I did say "don't overthink the question" I am all for comments on my posts, what I don't like is when someone chimes in like Crazy Levi does to stir things up. If you don't like the post or the question, move on to the next one. Maybe it wasn't that dumb of question after all.

On a positive note.....more people voted in that poll, than did on whether I should change colors on my Star Trek game. So I guess I accomplished something.

It's all good....................

#67 11 months ago

Could be PINSIDE FATIGUE. I know i'm weary of getting kicked in the nards by scammers. Me VS Predator and Aliens.

#68 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I actually just found your thread. Maybe you 'un' deleted it? It thought the question was fine and I thought the first several responses you received were fine too. You even got responses from 'the biggies' of Pinside! I didn't read past the 9th or 10th post, so I'm guessing something after that must have not agreed with your feelings. I wouldn't lose a whole lot of sleep over it.

Quick hint: Say something nice about 'Stars' and CrazyLevi will be your best friend for life.

#69 11 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Love him or hate him. At least Otaku kept the Electro mechanical forum active.

I thought that all shorted out when his basement flooded. Sorry, couldn't resist. Still getting the last of my 50 bucks worth that I sent to him.

#70 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

On a positive note.....more people voted in that poll, than did on whether I should change colors on my Star Trek game. So I guess I accomplished something.
    It's all good....................

Generally my O/T posts generate more replies and get more poll votes than the pinball related ones do (unless its Iron Maiden).

I suppose my pinball posts could be real yawners

Say what you will about a mowing grass topic but after nearly 500 votes at least its generating some Pinside traffic.

Keep posting and have fun.

#71 11 months ago

Yes the traffic is very light by me too.

IMG_20180502_170517870_HDR (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    € 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 109.99
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 39.95
    $ 157.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.95
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 20.00
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside