(Topic ID: 245476)

Is it just me, or has Pinside become less helpful???

By Blake

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    donate (resized).JPG
    82BE8418-EC90-4CF5-8E7F-E88DD2C16883 (resized).png
    pbateman SLE pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 4 years ago

I try to help when I can but there are reasons that I can't.

• I only answer questions about pins that I have so I can go to the source, if needed. Ask a question about OXO and I will be there if I see the post before everyone else!
    • I make a commitment to see the problem through to resolution before replying to a question. And that commitment possibly means a big investment in time.
    • I have a business now that takes up all of my time. Pecos Pinball has to come first or it will cease to exist. Speaking of, I always admire people like Ed at GPE and other business owners, Comet, Titan, Ball Baron and so many more because they spend so much of their time helping out. Awesome stuff! Value the time they give you!
    • I am getting older and don't have the energy I used to, sadly.
    • Diagnosing an EM problem online is danged hard! It takes a lot of pointed, sometimes obvious but necessary questions to determine exactly what the problem is. Again, a problem of time and commitment.
    • Instead of answering individual questions, I have come to the conclusion that my time can best be spent making a list of EM problems and possible solutions. We have just gone through issues with score reels, and, with any luck, will be able to tackle more generic EM problems in the future.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pecos-quiz-diagnosing-em-and-early-ss-pin-problems/

I don't know how helpful the thread is. Some of it is pretty technical, but isn't that what we need more of? Clay's guides and the PinWikis are great for less technical, basic information.

This isn't a list of excuses. It is an explanation of why some of the more experienced guys, me in particular, on Pinside are not always there to help out.

"Is it just me, or has Pinside become less helpful???"

Here, just take a look at all of the people who helped me get Pecos Pinball started:

@atari_daze - sent me some very nice plastics for Hardbody - more than I paid for.
    @jwwhite15 - sent me six coin boxes for a very reasonable price.
    @grnrzr - sold me five great looking Bally displays, inexpensively, keeping the original look for Harlem Globetrotters On Tour.
    @colsond3 sent me a backbox door for #Double-Up, cheap, that is now in use at Hotel McCoy on #op-pop-pop.
    @smohr sent me some pinball parts so cheap I feel like a thief accepting them!
    My Project Pin guy in San Tan Valley sold me Harlem Globetrotters On Tour and Super-Flite, the first two games to go out on route.
    These are just a few of the people who have helped me get Pecos Pinball up and running.

The problem with listing those who have helped me is that the list is so long that I will inevitably and unintentionally miss a few.

There are others who have sent me parts for free. @rwh just sent me a backbox door for #Spanish Eyes and a spin unit for #expo. As much as I tried, he wouldn't accept any money for the parts! Yep, there are a number of exceptionally generous pinball people here - generous of their time and generous of their parts.

Kris Bliznick at Firebird Pinball supplied the MPU that I needed for #harlem-globetrotters-on-tour. The NVRAM guys, @barakandl and @Borygard have been extremely helpful. Recently, Wayne at Pinitech supplied me with some LED displays to test with and has been most helpful. Besides Pinside, other pinball people in Tucson and Phoenix have gone way over and beyond what ordinary citizens would do to help me, little ol'e me, out. Pinball people like to help pinball people!!

Finally, I can say from experience that any help I give is always returned, plus more, and I am grateful and thankful for all of you who have helped me.

I believe that Pinside is, for the most part, an extraordinary community of extraordinarily helpful people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-has-pinside-become-less-helpful?tu=pecos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.