(Topic ID: 245476)

Is it just me, or has Pinside become less helpful???

By Blake

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    donate (resized).JPG
    82BE8418-EC90-4CF5-8E7F-E88DD2C16883 (resized).png
    pbateman SLE pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I also notice techs giving good advice only to get a shitty response from the one asking.

The one asking may get fewer or no responses next time.

LTG : )

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I think the biggest problem with helping people is that the people asking questions often don't provide a enough information

Or inaccurate information. Then blast you for not knowing what in heck they really mean or are looking for.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Perhaps pinside should have a way to tip the techs?

Robin brought up an idea like this some years back. Asking for input on things Pinside could add or do.

My response was no. ( at least for me )

The only thing I ever asked for was that as people learn, then in the future they help others. So pinball keeps moving forward. Just trying to make my little corner of pinball better and keep the ball rolling.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I received 3 emails this week for Bulb help.

I respectfully took the time to be of help, but 1, did not even reply with a Thank you,

A friend asked me about that once. He'd helped 2 people and never got a response. He asked me if it didn't bother me when you don't hear back. I told him no. Their game is going. I don't need my email doubled.

Though on Pinside I would like them to post what fixed it, to help others.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

Ok thats my 2 cents.

Worth 10K. Now.

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

everything you probably need is here if you just look and search. But you have to take the time and THINK!

It helps.

Remember a person new to pinball and not much experience fixing things may go into full blown panic mode over their first issue.

Walk them through and help them learn and get more familiar with their game so next time it's easier. And they'll learn to search and study.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

But sometime I find that help offered goes over my head somewhat.

That is the hardest part, trying to figure out the persons skill level or abilities.

Sometimes you have to go back and forth a bit to get them on a path that helps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-has-pinside-become-less-helpful?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.