(Topic ID: 245476)

Is it just me, or has Pinside become less helpful???

By Blake

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    donate (resized).JPG
    82BE8418-EC90-4CF5-8E7F-E88DD2C16883 (resized).png
    pbateman SLE pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider high_end_pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 4 years ago

I don’t answer anywhere near as many tech questions as I could.
    It isn’t that I don’t want to but the issue I have found is sometimes you kind of inherit the problem or arm the person with the question with enough info or confidence to make things worse.
    Here is just an hypothetical example.
    “My ball wont kick out of the saucer”

Suggestion
    Adjust the switch.

Next
    “Where is the switch,which one,how do I do it ?”

Answer
    It is in the saucer hole,you carefully bend the arm to make it more sensitive then go into switch test and verify it is working

Next
    “Ok I did that but the little arm came off does that matter?what is switch edge test?”

Answer
    Put the arm back on,switch edge test is in the test menus.

Next
    “Arm won’t stay on now half the switches don’t seem to be working now I think I messed something up trying to get the arm back on”

Answer(Public)
    You should probably find someone close that is better versed to take a look at it and help guide you.

Answer(to myself)
    He probably broke a wire in the chain or shorted the switch matrix and also now needs a new switch all in the name of a simple switch adjustment. I should’ve just left it alone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider high_end_pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-has-pinside-become-less-helpful?tu=high_end_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.