(Topic ID: 245476)

Is it just me, or has Pinside become less helpful???

By Blake

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    donate (resized).JPG
    82BE8418-EC90-4CF5-8E7F-E88DD2C16883 (resized).png
    pbateman SLE pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 4 years ago

I find it very helpful and I wouldn't be playing at least 1/3 of the games I currently own or have owned in the past without their help. A couple people come into mind is Quench GRUMPY and more recently zacaj They've been there to help me out step by step. To pay it forward, I try to help with what I can. Sometimes it's real basic things, sometimes it takes more work. But I wouldn't have learned some of those things without the help from my own threads.

There are times where I will start a thread looking for help, but with the intention of breaking it down for myself. It's almost like I'm jinxing myself (in a good way) that if I start a thread, and continue to work and document the problem, that I'll eventually find the answer. The extra help is pudding.

The most recent event was a very simple answer, but the person posing the question didn't want to do any of the work himself, and went on cussing out everyone in that club thread (before and after the question). I found his answer (to prove him wrong) in the manual in about a minute. It's this kind of self-entitled, spoon-fed behavior that really rubs me wrong. Won't be helping that particular person in the future.

For new owners, you have to put in the work! We've all been there at one time. I'm no expert at anything, but I know a lot more than I did 2 years ago, and a good portion of that is due to this forum.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-has-pinside-become-less-helpful?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.