(Topic ID: 245476)

Is it just me, or has Pinside become less helpful???

By Blake

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    donate (resized).JPG
    82BE8418-EC90-4CF5-8E7F-E88DD2C16883 (resized).png
    pbateman SLE pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edhess.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 4 years ago

My answer, May surprise a few but here is my take.

I have another 2 weeks to go on a Xenon full restore with a new playfield swap.
    Replace every light socket and rebuilt every pop bumper, slingshot and flipper assembly.
    Replacing all the missing caps on the switches and many switches as well.
    Adding plasma bumper tops, lighted flipper buttons, under cab lights, all posts get internal led's.
    Repaired cabinet & back box wood, repainted and stenciled.
    Speakers replaced, and parts on hand to rebuild known issues on sound card.
    I started this on memorial day weekend. Like I said a few more weeks and I will be done.

point is I bought my first pin in February this year. Read all I could on pinside to do this. So if that means this place is going down hill or newbies are a menace I dont get it. Wouldnt have bought the xenon to restore if this board was not here.

Ok thats my 2 cents.

#139 4 years ago

I forgot to add, to what I said earlier. As a newbie I realize everything you probably need is here if you just look and search. But you have to take the time and THINK! I understand what you all are talking about as I see requests posted by some that are seeming like they have a problem but they didnt do a thing to work the problem prior to posting. Perhaps they had not ever been on a BBS forum before. I have from my days building a race car and engine building. I will spend more time doing the homework than It takes to fix the problem.

So let's see last time was my 2 cents , so this time I will throw a nickel in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edhess.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-or-has-pinside-become-less-helpful?tu=edhess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.