DSC_2109.jpg
DSC_2112.jpg
DSC_2113.jpg
DSC_2114.jpg
DSC_2115.jpg
DSC_2117.jpg
DSC_2072.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Recently picked up a $350 project machine. I started to give it a half-shop job, but I can't help but feel sorry for this poor neglected pin. I've decided to give it the full treatment like I do on my more costly machines...knowing I'll never get my money back.

I just love bringing these old pins back to life.

#2 8 years ago

What is it?

#3 8 years ago

I picked up a Laser Cue.

Great game for the money.

#4 8 years ago

I am doing a Party Zone now, I will likely never get back what I will have into it. I don't feel the need to squeeze every last dime out of a pin though, if I need money, a can just work to make it. Pins do not have to be a source of income for me. So no, it's not just you....

#5 8 years ago

Laser Cue is a great playing older machine , it was one of my first pins.

#6 8 years ago

Pinball machines have never been a source of income for me. I just love bringing old pins back to life.

#7 8 years ago

I have a laser cue, great game! I'm also doing a party zone right now too ha!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Pinball machines have never been a source of income for me. I just love bringing old pins back to life.

Me to man, I enjoy the work. I get one done, then I can't wait to get another. I think the hobby needs these types of people, otherwise the less popular game of the time would end up get trashed eventually.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Tilter:

I have a laser cue, great game! I'm also doing a Party Zone right now too ha!

Wow, cool. I played it a bit before I tore it down, it's a fun game. The poor thing was hanging on by a thread. I am surprised the GI actually worked, when I pulled the cable from the board, the pins came with it. What a mess, the guy I got it from must have had it propped up just right

#10 8 years ago

It isn't just you. I'm "underwater" on some games. I've more into them in parts than they are worth working. No big deal. Fix them and have fun playing them.

#11 8 years ago

I'm amazed at what previous owners don't fix, replace, or clean. The #1 thing that pesters me is the lockdown bar mechanism top, it's nearly always either dirty, rusty, or both.

#12 8 years ago

I LOVE Laser Cue. That things got some pretty good rules and took me awhile to figure out the scoring on. Go nuts. Save that bad boy.

#13 8 years ago

I prefer alien poker

#14 8 years ago

I figure, if you can bring back a dead pin and make it flip again, it's a win any way you look at it.

#15 8 years ago

My Laser Cue project...

Cherry picking parts from 2 to make one decent one.

Wish I could find a nicer backglass.

DSC_2072.jpgDSC_2072.jpg

#16 8 years ago

Im the same way now a days! Id rather almost fix them then play em!

#17 8 years ago

That's the way I am...I love giving new life to old neglected pins. Almost enjoy restoring more than playing.

Don't get me wrong...I really enjoy playing my new MMr.

#18 8 years ago

I'd like another project, too, but right now have a lot of home repairs. I am trying to just not sell my pins if I can. Congrats on the new pickup, I like bringing them back from an uncertain future as well.

#19 8 years ago

Finished up my Laser Cue project. She cleaned up pretty good.

DSC_2117.jpgDSC_2117.jpg

DSC_2115.jpgDSC_2115.jpg

DSC_2114.jpgDSC_2114.jpg

DSC_2113.jpgDSC_2113.jpg

DSC_2112.jpgDSC_2112.jpg

DSC_2109.jpgDSC_2109.jpg

DSC_2108.jpgDSC_2108.jpg

#20 8 years ago

That is looking real nice!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Recently picked up a $350 project machine. I started to give it a half-shop job, but I can't help but feel sorry for this poor neglected pin. I've decided to give it the full treatment like I do on my more costly machines...knowing I'll never get my money back.
I just love bringing these old pins back to life.

I know what you mean.

My wife dragged home a totally roached Aquarius that she found on CL. She did this all on her own.

It is pretty sad, and probably should be parted out. But..I will fix it up and we will play it till the rest of the paint comes off the playfield!

E

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

That is looking real nice!

Thank you...

4 weeks later
#23 8 years ago

That looks great! Did those bumper caps clean up that nice or did you replace them? If you replaced them, where did you get them? I need 1 or a set for my Laser Cue.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

That looks great! Did those bumper caps clean up that nice or did you replace them? If you replaced them, where did you get them? I need 1 or a set for my Laser Cue.

Thanks...it cleaned up pretty good.

Those are the caps that came w/ the pin. One of them is slightly broken.

I tried to locate some new caps, but found nothing.

#25 8 years ago

Laser Cue has great art. Very nice job resurrecting it.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Laser Cue has great art. Very nice job resurrecting it.

Thank you...

I put 70 hours into the shop job...it was well worth it. I really enjoy the game play.

#27 8 years ago

i just picked up a galaxy for cheap about a month ago. thought it would be done last night but gonna be a couple more days as i ran into some mpu issues. wait til you see what I did to it, you'll shit right in your pants...

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Finished up my Laser Cue project. She cleaned up pretty good.

DSC_2117.jpg DSC_2115.jpg DSC_2114.jpg DSC_2113.jpg DSC_2112.jpg DSC_2109.jpg DSC_2108.jpg

thats pretty cool. never seen one of these. looks nice and clean now man...

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i just picked up a galaxy for cheap about a month ago. thought it would be done last night but gonna be a couple more days as i ran into some mpu issues. wait til you see what I did to it, you'll shit right in your pants...

i'll grab some depends on the way home. This sounds like it'll be worth seeing!

#30 8 years ago

I haven't dealt with a project for years (just burnt out on it) - but it's a great feeling bringing a game back to life - it doesn't even have to be a perfect restoration - but just knowing it's back out there in the world playing feels good. I bought a Dr. Dude that had been baking in a woman's backyard for a few years...amazingly the electronics still worked - it was just faded to hell and the ramp had melted. I was able to get a used (but unmelted ramp) for it, cleaned it and shopped it the best I could. Looked faded, but was clean and played perfectly. That's better than sitting in the sun doing nothing!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks...it cleaned up pretty good.
Those are the caps that came w/ the pin. One of them is slightly broken.
I tried to locate some new caps, but found nothing.

I guess they are hard to find, I have searched high and low.... Nothing! Sucks, because I would like to keep it as original possible!

1 month later
#32 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

...but he likes to offer peanuts for hard to find rare parts he wants and he craps on other peoples threads. BS!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

...but he likes to offer peanuts for hard to find rare parts he wants and he craps on other peoples threads. BS!

You're just butt-hurt because you're trying to sell something here on pinside that BAA sells for a much lower price.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

You're just butt-hurt because you're trying to sell something here on pinside that BAA sells for a much lower price.

And PPS?

#35 8 years ago

What goes around comes around. I feel sorry for you.

Quoted from indypinhead:

#36 8 years ago

Yeah, PPS sells the same plastic set at the same $159 price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.