Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Multiball due to a slide(death) save, did you cheat?”

• Yea, of course. 62 votes
      58%
    • Nope, game let you do it. 23 votes
      21%
    • I don't have the skills to pull it off. 16 votes
      15%
    • Shake it like Shakira! 6 votes
      6%

(107 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3473CDA4-380C-4929-B355-1B8AB6FACE45 (resized).png

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd have to check it on the 3, but I have it set to factory default at 1. I'm just not in the mood to monkey with it now. Seems there was some other game with zero warnings by default, but I can't think of it at the moment.
    How I set my tilt on all my games including ones without warnings is I have a few drinks and if I tilt the same machine twice in the same session it is just a tad too tight.
    Sometimes I think I should just do away with all the tilt warnings on games that have them, set the bob tight, and let it ride from there.

I haven’t adjusted any of mine since I got them to be honest. I should probably standardize them.
    My 2 home games don’t have tilt bobs, Baby Pac-Man and Night Moves. Color me shocked if you manage to tilt a freakin’ cabinet or a cocktail table. Nearly pulled a muscle trying to simply nudge them!

#52 3 years ago

When you own machines where the game ends on a tilt, which I do, it can extremely improve your nudging skills. It's like if a modern game gave you a sudden voltage shock instead of any tilt warning.

#53 3 years ago

If you are looking to setup your machine harder there are more effective ways like increasing sling action, adding steepness, opening outlines, using bouncier rubber and lighting flippers. Tilt bulbs should be set so you can make one solid move and it gives you two dangers. On older machines without a tilt warnings should be set where you can nudge but not make a major move. At least that is how they are usually set a high caliber competitions.

Quoted from o-din:

I'd have to check it on the 3, but I have it set to factory default at 1. I'm just not in the mood to monkey with it now. Seems there was some other game with zero warnings by default, but I can't think of it at the moment.
    How I set my tilt on all my games including ones without warnings is I have a few drinks and if I tilt the same machine twice in the same session it is just a tad too tight.
    Sometimes I think I should just do away with all the tilt warnings on games that have them, set the bob tight, and let it ride from there.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Does your competitor in tournament pay out of pocket for each game you beat him?

I'm still having a hard time grasping at what point pinball became a nerdy thing. Used to be only cool people played pinball.

They can't pay you out of pocket because I believe gambling is against IFPA rules; which to my point is a tad nerdy. Adding rubber feet on pins to determine DQs & Penalty cards...etc.
    Doesn't bother me & I understand why they do all of it, but a touch nerdy

#55 3 years ago

To achieve my high scores, I just remove the playfield glass. My machines, my rules.

#56 3 years ago

Good April fools pinball party idea. Glass off high score all your games so that they are absolutely insane. Haha

#57 3 years ago

Take the tilt bob off and do whatever the hell you want. It's your game in your home. Have at it.

QSS

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good April fools pinball party idea. Glass off high score all your games so that they are absolutely insane. Haha

max score on DE / Sega games.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Rubber footies.

I think they are silicone.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-cheating-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.