(Topic ID: 207916)

Is it a sin to retheme an already great game?

By PACMAN

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B10320F2-AD02-41F8-B5B4-9E8A3EACEBCF (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6166 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6162 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4959 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4958 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4957 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4772 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4684 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3089 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2728 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider piperpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

The Main reason im in this hobby!

IMG_2728 (resized).JPGIMG_2728 (resized).JPG

IMG_3089 (resized).JPGIMG_3089 (resized).JPG

IMG_4684 (resized).JPGIMG_4684 (resized).JPG

IMG_4690 (resized).JPGIMG_4690 (resized).JPG

IMG_4772 (resized).JPGIMG_4772 (resized).JPG

IMG_4957 (resized).JPGIMG_4957 (resized).JPG

IMG_4958 (resized).JPGIMG_4958 (resized).JPG

IMG_4959 (resized).JPGIMG_4959 (resized).JPG

IMG_6162 (resized).JPGIMG_6162 (resized).JPG

IMG_5258 (resized).JPGIMG_5258 (resized).JPG

IMG_6166 (resized).JPGIMG_6166 (resized).JPG

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I was thinking the same thing (but with The Shadow). Would you redo the code as well, so that it fits the new theme? Sounds complicated, but I've seen it done (and done well). What new themes are you considering?

I thought about retheming a Congo into Star Wars Rouge One or Empire Strikes back or another killer Goonies retheme.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I can't believe that 4 people have given a "thumbs down" to your works of art. You've created some masterpieces. Who cares if there's one less beat up High Speed or T2 out there. I appreciate your creativity and vision. Your creations are amazing and if you ever consider parting with one, please let me know.
    QSS

Thank you!

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

For my re-theme, the initial plan to use a cheaper title as my donor game. I bought a Hollywood Heat and later a Spring Break. My logic was it would be easy to find and cheap so if I screw it up then no big loss. However after I played them for a while I thought they weren't as fun I would have liked so I sold them.
    I came to the realization that if I'm going to spend a bunch time (way more time than you think it will take) and money re-themeing something it better be a fun/great game to start with. Even the best theme imaginable theme can't save a boring layout or rule set (I'm looking at you Back to The Future). So I decided to use a Williams Diner as the donor game for my Ash Vs Evil Dead. A huge advantage with a more modern game like Diner is that it works with pinsound so its way easier to customize music and speech.
    Speaking of Ash vs Evil Dead, Starz finally released the official season 3 trailer. Feb 25'th can't get here fast enough. Groovy!
    » YouTube video

All the pins I retheme have pinsound cards in them. One of the most enjoyable parts is customizing all the call outs and music. My custom mini-gun T2 sound track has evolved alot more from that video link above. Ill make another video soon.

Ive thought about getting a STTNG and retheme it into what Steve Richie was orginally designing it for> Under Siege. That would be a fun project. But STTNG is already a great theme and game. Congo or Johnny mnemonic or Shadow

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider piperpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-a-sin-to-retheme-an-already-great-game?tu=piperpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.