Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5E37D404-B8EE-49BD-A33D-A7CF69753118 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

A little different then the silver ball we are used too. Wow I can’t believe they launched this temporary satellite. 9 months till it falls out of orbit and burns up. https://www.thehumanitystar.com/ Is their website where you can punch in your location for your best viewing opportunity and read the faq about it. Just wanted to share.

5E37D404-B8EE-49BD-A33D-A7CF69753118 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

Humanity is doomed...............................................................

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing!

#4 1 year ago

Should have made it a color changing RGB.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Humanity is doomed...............................................................

Why is that?

#6 1 year ago

I dont know ,it just makes for good conversation.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I dont know ,it just makes for good conversation.

Whew, thought you might have had some insider information. I’m glad it’s not like a massive plane contrail conspiracy thing where it’s full of some substance to wipe all of humanity out when it burns up reentering our atmosphere!

1 month later
#8 1 year ago

Thought I would bump this for those in California, This will be visible in approximately 36 hours! Only a 5 minute viewing window.

#9 1 year ago

Looks like I'll have an opportunity to see it Tuesday morning. Sky should be clear and looks like maybe a half hour before sunrise.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Looks like I'll have an opportunity to see it Tuesday morning. Sky should be clear and looks like maybe a half hour before sunrise.

What disco song will you be dancing to?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

What disco song will you be dancing to?

"I Love the Night Life" of course

#12 1 year ago

In California this wil be visible in 8-13 minutes depending on where your are

#13 1 year ago

I looked and didn’t see anything, website says it will pass here again at 71 hours and 22 minutes again...It is cold!

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I looked and didn’t see anything, website says it will pass here again at 71 hours and 22 minutes again...It is cold!

Here's the best video I could find, just to give you an idea....

#15 1 year ago

Yeah, I watched that video after I didn’t see it. It was a bit light out and maybe I was looking in the wrong direction...I think the next opportunity it will be earlier in the morning (dark out) and I will have a better chance.

1 week later
#16 1 year ago

Visible in California in 3 minutes for 4 minutes. North 10 degrees

#17 1 year ago

I have partly cloudy skies and I believe I won’t see it though...hopefully diff in your area.

#18 1 year ago

Guess I’ll have to try again in 3 days

#19 1 year ago

I didn't see it last go around. It's visible tonight a little before 10 PM for me. Skies are supposed to be clear. I think this my best chance.

#20 1 year ago

Saw it, but it wasn't totally dark so just caught the brightest few flashes. Hopefully, I'll get some better opportunities when it is completely dark.

1 week later
#21 1 year ago

Says that the humanity star burned up and is no longer in orbit. Oh well I never got to see it.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Says that the humanity star burned up and is no longer in orbit. Oh well I never got to see it.

Time to start watching for the Chinese Space Station

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 22.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vallejo, CA
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 24.50
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside