Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ECA9FEBB-5E97-4BB6-A4EF-4C838FBD2071 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

I was offered a Home use only Ghost Buster Premium for my Good condition Twilight Zone, would this be a fair trade ?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from klassicarcade:

I was offered a Home use only Ghost Buster Premium for my Good condition Twilight Zone, would this be a fair trade ?

It will be an awesome deal for the guy who gets the TZ!

#3 6 years ago

Oh hell no, keep your TZ. The games are not even in the same category.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

It will be an awesome deal for the guy who gets the TZ!

#4 6 years ago

I really like GB Premium, but TZ might be my favorite game of all time. Man, I couldn't do it.

#5 6 years ago

Ghostbusters is good for a month or two. TZ is great for a lifetime.

#6 6 years ago

I have both and no way would I take that trade - not even close to comparable games.

#7 6 years ago

I don't have either, but would much rather have TZ over GB!
Try adding a poll to your thread and see what results come out to be.

#8 6 years ago

I ain’t afraid of no ghosts, but I’d be afraid of Gostbusters Premium.

Keep TZ.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Try adding a poll to your thread and see what results come out to be.

I guess the results are pretty clear already!

#10 6 years ago

TZ all day every day......this may be close in terms of market value, but in gameplay?? No contest, TZ hands down!

#11 6 years ago

All opinions... but you know people get bored of games :-p this mentality convinced me to buy a FT and I hated that game unless I was drinking.

Tz is a fantastic deep game, lots of shots, lots to do, but can be very daunting. New players may not like it.

Gb prem is beautiful, lots of shots, good theme, you see a lot of the same modes. Can be very hard with drains and tight shots. However all the guys in my pin league love gb and keep wanting to play another.

Two games, both different. Really depends on what you are looking for in a game and your style.

I think money wise both are about the same at the moment.

#12 6 years ago

TZ is a classic, but I got really great at it and got bored with it. GB is not even a classic, it's punishing, and it's not even finished. Id say keep TZ till bored, sell it and get another BW classic or a JJP.

Quoted from northvibe:

All opinions... but you know people get bored of games :-p this mentality convinced me to buy a FT and I hated that game unless I was drinking.
Tz is a fantastic deep game, lots of shots, lots to do, but can be very daunting. New players may not like it.
Gb prem is beautiful, lots of shots, good theme, you see a lot of the same modes. Can be very hard with drains and tight shots. However all the guys in my pin league love gb and keep wanting to play another.
Two games, both different. Really depends on what you are looking for in a game and your style.
I think money wise both are about the same at the moment.

#13 6 years ago

I love my TZ.
But if i had a normal tz, i would go the trade. Gb prem is more expensive than a normal tz in Denmark
Tz is also still very easy to find again.

My TZ fully chrome edition clearcoated pf and new decals is staying here ...

ECA9FEBB-5E97-4BB6-A4EF-4C838FBD2071 (resized).jpegECA9FEBB-5E97-4BB6-A4EF-4C838FBD2071 (resized).jpeg

#14 6 years ago

Prices of Twlight Zone continue to rise, prices of Ghostbusters continue to drop. I’d hold onto the TZ and if you love ghostbusters, buy one when prices drop even more.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

TZ is a classic, but I got really great at it and got bored with it. GB is not even a classic, it's punishing, and it's not even finished. Id say keep TZ till bored, sell it and get another BW classic or a JJP.

Not a classic to some

The “finish” code coming unless it is a giant update, isn’t going to afffect the average player. If it’s just the final wizard mode, most can’t here there anyway.

It is brutal but they make post add ons and the center post, that work great for home use.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I love my TZ.
But if i had a normal tz, i would go the trade. Gb prem is more expensive than a normal tz in Denmark
Tz is also still very easy to find again.
My TZ fully chrome edition clearcoated pf and new decals is staying here ...

Nice duo! Congo is also better than GB!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice duo! Congo is also better than GB!

Oh gosh. Well if you like 30min ball times

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh gosh. Well if you like 30min ball times

hehe.... I'm not that good player!

#19 6 years ago

Congo is still a sleeper, its actually a pretty fun pin.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hehe.... I'm not that good player!

Haha, I remember a friend getting one and my first few games were monsters, put my name up and felt accomplished. Until I went back and saw the new scores

#21 6 years ago

Its probably a fair swap value wise, however I have ended up regretting it every time I traded a nice older game for a newer one.

At the end of the day tho, you gotta do what you gotta do.

#22 6 years ago

my opinion (I own both games): If I were set on doing the trade, they would need to add cash to the deal (amount depends on game conditions)

that being said, GB is a fun game (and one of the most popular in our house) but I would not have traded my TZ for it. YMMV

#23 6 years ago

At least when TZ drains me SDTM it's usually because I misfired on a bumper/town square shot and not because I made a perfect shot on Slimer at the cost of a ball through an enormous flipper gap.

Tomorrow night I'm going to give a likely better example of a GB a whirl (and on free play, not $1/play) but I will have TZ in the same building and will likely see why I'd not make this trade if I were you - unless maybe they can throw in another pin with it, and/or unless John Trudeau's legal case somehow turns out to be all a huge misunderstanding. FWIW this is the first Ghostbusters pin, an attractive license 25+ years overdue in the pin world.

On its own merits - ignoring theme, designers and talking strictly what happens under the glass - GB was an airball fest and just feels cheap all around. The location one nearest me slid around like a toy as I tried to gently shimmy the ball away from the left outlane (at least the unintentional slide-save worked). Maybe that means it'd be easier to move than a TZ, if nothing else?

Maybe I'll come around on GB. If any location around here would have it set up right, it's where I'm going tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to walk away from it thinking "hey, I'd rather own that than TZ" in any case.

#24 6 years ago

TZ >> GB Unless TZ is remade by planetary... (unlikely with the numerous mechanical components of TZ) then TZ will hold its value better than GB. Plus TZ is a keeper have had mine for over 20 years third pin I bought and has lasted the test of time. Keep your TZ you wont be disappointed.
Regards,
Al

#25 6 years ago

I'd say that's a fair deal right now. But TZ will just keep rising in value, GB will not.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

TZ >> GB Unless TZ is remade by planetary... (unlikely with the numerous mechanical components of TZ) then TZ will hold its value better than GB. Plus TZ is a keeper have had mine for over 20 years third pin I bought and has lasted the test of time. Keep your TZ you wont be disappointed.
Regards,
Al

TZ is probably never going to be remade - the bill of materials is very high, plus the licensing for Twilight Zone *and* the Rod Serling estate, which is done separately. Keep it!!! Or just trade temporarily, get your TZ back in a couple months

#27 6 years ago

Keep TZ. Like others have said prices may be similar but gameplay is not. GB prices seem to be dropping too.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Regards,
Al

Wow you have had TZ for 20 years, that's amazing!
I bought my first TZ when I joined the forum 5 years ago and sold it after a year. Then I really missed it. After playing many other pins, I realized what a masterpiece TZ really is. I bought it back and now have had it for 3 years. It will never leave. If they remake TZ I will buy it and have 2 TZs. It is really that good.

#29 6 years ago

Fair is relative. A really nice TZ is worth more than a GB prem. The bigger thing is that a nice TZ is harder to find than a GB prem. If you are just done with TZ, I would sell it for cash and then look for a great deal on a GB prem. Prices are dropping and it's been out for a while so many will be trading for other new games. If you have any reservations about letting TZ go, I would keep it. TZ is just a fantastic game. GB not so much.

#30 6 years ago

I own TZ and a GBLE. TZ is amazing. I’ve obviously Owens’s longer than GBLE. Problem with TZ is that I can get LITZ ever third or so time if I want. GBLE needs the code update and maybe it will be better?? But I’ve still never completed all codes on GBLE with three ball. I would consider if it was an LE but not premium. But I also forget how amazing TZ is until I play. Tough call.

#31 6 years ago

not even close! people having a hard time selling gb, its just not that good despite how pretty it is. tz is a classic, just so awesome. gb is dropping in value and tz continues to rise

#32 6 years ago

So.... where's the OP? Hunting ghosts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-is-trading-a-twilght-zone-for-a-ghost-buster-premium-a-good-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.