Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

068FD4E9-E278-4FAA-A4C8-09C8B0AF74CF (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Ive never seen or played a radical however from this cursory look it appears that the flipper orientation matches that of the new Iron Maiden. Thoughts??

068FD4E9-E278-4FAA-A4C8-09C8B0AF74CF (resized).png
#2 2 years ago

Not really. Mostly because radical sucks.

#3 2 years ago

no

#4 2 years ago

no

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not really. Mostly because radical sucks.

I was going to say it's the other way around.

#6 2 years ago

So basically every game with four flippers is Iron Maiden? You're really, really stretching it to call them the same. Like, they have nothing else in common.

#7 2 years ago

Just commenting on the where the flippers are located.

#8 2 years ago

Sure, you could throw TZ in there as well.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

So basically every game with four flippers is Iron Maiden? You're really, really stretching it to call them the same. Like, they have nothing else in common.

Exactly this.

#10 2 years ago

Lots of games have right upper flippers like this, example Williams Getaway.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I think you need to spend more time on IMDN
EDIT: Or getaway

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

cough ... I500 (I know it's 3 flippers, but it has that all import upper right)

#13 2 years ago

Keith said TZ is closest in flipper arrangement and Judge Dredd is closest in play style. Keith was trying to make a JD with better upper flipper shots . I get the Radical flipper comparison but they play nothing alike.

#14 2 years ago

TZ + MM = IMDN

#15 2 years ago

Interesting point made by OP. Radical is actually a really good and underrated game, which I learned when I played a long session at '82 in LA. Coincidence?

#16 2 years ago

Yes, I think the flipper orientation is really similar. Probably the subject title was the low hanging fruit for the restless natives. Don’t you know...the more you put people down the better you feel about yourself.

#17 2 years ago

Radical is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better theme.

Side by side and I would play radical everytime.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Radical is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better theme.
Side by side and I would play radical everytime.

Out of the two, it would be the only one I'd want to play.

Might throw a couple charity quarters in IM to mix it up, but yeah it's hard to get past that terrible theme and mind numbing repetitive music.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Out of the two, it would be the only one I'd want to play.
Might throw a couple charity quarters in IM to mix it up, but yeah it's hard to get past that terrible theme and mind numbing repetitive music.

Don’t hold back, tell us what you really think.

#20 2 years ago

Hey my F-14 has 4 flippers. It must be a Maiden clone that went through time back to 1987!

#21 2 years ago

Odin and Hilton, do you guys prefer early SS gameplay to the new stuff? I do; I just wondered if I was alone.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Odin and Hilton, do you guys prefer early SS gameplay to the new stuff? I do; I just wondered if I was alone.

As long as it's a good playing game with a theme that doesn't get on my nerves , I'll play it. Which eliminates almost 99% of the games from the last few years. Most of the newest ones leave me cold almost right away. However with TNA, which is a new game, I can play that non stop.

So to answer the question, there are quite a few early solid state games I would play before most of the new games. I'll play them all at least once.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside