(Topic ID: 315798)

Is Haggis the next Heighway Pinball? Poll Inside.

By delt31

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will Haggis end up like Heighway Pinball? ”

• Yes - they will go bankrupt and once again, pinball owners will lose money. 71 votes
    59%
  • No - these machines take time and no one will lose money on this. They will be delivered! 50 votes
    41%

(121 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

This Haggis situation fascinates me. Who knows how this will end but looking at the facts alone, how any potential owner can feel good about where things are is a mystery to me. I don't want to bog down the owners thread with this speculation so I'm posting it here separately. I'm curious how the masses feel about this so plug away at the poll. Great way to easily see where the pinball faithful stand on this right now.

IMO - two things are clear to me.

1) I wouldn't pay another dime until the game is in a box otherwise, get ready to be burned pinball owners.

2) It's REALLY revealing on who in the pinball media have been quiet about this. Forget about Marty who hasn't even addressed it in his podcast - that's super suspect. What about Flippin Out's Zach Meny (@zmeny)? Always opinionated except nothing on Haggis? It was a similar story when the JJP playfield story exploded - he questioned what owners were complaining about, indicating they were overreacting. I'm sure he'll read this - interested to hear why so quiet especially with his new approach of being real with everything, which I'm a fan of. For example - I thought his impression of Weird Al was refreshing.

It's just interesting on who protects who in this hobby. Something I encourage others to remember when we think about integrity going forward. Also - the idea that no one cares about this doesn't make sense. It's right up our alley especially with the hobby's prior history and our insatiable appetite for pinball drama.

And what about Kaneda? Where has he been?

That's a joke obviously. Good on him to spotlight the nonsense and he’s made some very good points but it's a like overkill right now. My next poll might be is Kaneda overhyping the next JJP release but that's a slam dunk yes. Here's a spoiler - it won't match the expectations now set. We're talking about JJP 2.0 which is less magic but better margins.

#22 1 year ago

If there is something we can all be unanimous on is that a finished mermaid edition is absolutely gorgeous. Just so many damn red flags in your way to getting it.

Such a simple solution though to build back the confidence. Revert back to what was stated initially by Haggis - no more money is required from the buyer until the game is boxed and ready to ship. Not sure why it needs to be more complicated then that UNLESS they need money to keep this thing going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-haggis-the-next-heighway-pinball-poll-inside?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.