• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pf18 (resized).jpg
IMG_0532 (resized).JPG
72418031 (resized).jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

Then I know 3 operators who already have one of each ordered, and a distributor who did more Dialed Ins on announcement day than his entire orders for the first half of 2016.
Sorry guys, these machines are flying.

I think you have a good point. Operators are a big part of the equation. Apparently, 60% of Stern's business is export with most of it operator driven. If you take into account the resell value of a used routed game, it's not like they are throwing away $9K. Once the game stop bringing dollars, you can still sell it at a moderate discount.

#102 7 years ago

Pinball died a long time ago. It's the private sector that gives it a pulse.

#103 7 years ago

I originally committed to buying every NIB LE, however with the recent 25-40% increase in cost, bang for the buck,
comes into a new perspective. It's a hobby, not a need, and most collectors , may choose to pass in favor of older nice
Pins. Even when money is not an issue , value , obsessions , and manufacturers believing consumers are stupid,
always results in markets shrinking .

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I originally committed to buying every NIB LE, however with the recent 25-40% increase in cost, bang for the buck,
comes into a new perspective. It's a hobby, not a need, and most collectors , may choose to pass in favor of older nice
Pins. Even when money is not an issue , value , obsessions , and manufacturers believing consumers are stupid,
always results in markets shrinking .

Holy shit, the Banker has spoken negatively about the present state of NIB pinball.....err sort of.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Quoted from cooldan: we're having the same kind of discussions over in the UK in our forum, except even gloomier as our £ just plummeted so US-made goods cost us even more. so we go back to discussing livestock and our treasured historical monuments.

I get your not happy with your brexit Euro vs USD... but really you just liked the fact that you could get the machine for cheaper than usa. Now that the Euro is weaker; it's now not cool that you have to pay near what we pay? Seems... off.

what on earth are you talking about? pins have always been cheapest in the US where they're made - in recent years we typically paid the same in pounds as you guys did in dollars for a game (a year ago, a NIB game that was $7000 in US (say) was £7000 in the UK) - and a pound is worth more than a dollar, according to conversion rates. used to be about 1.6, currently only 1.2. all other countries apart from the manufacturing country have to bear the costs for transportation, import tax, customs charges, even currency conversion admin fees.

if your currency is strong, it buys relatively more dollars and makes US products relatively cheaper. my point was that the weak pound makes this already-way-more-expensive-than-in-the-US luxury product another 25-30% more expensive to import, as a pound now buys 25-30% less dollars than it did a few months ago. please let me know if i misunderstood you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 39.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-greed-finally-going-to-kill-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.