(Topic ID: 184115)

Is Great Lakes Modular still in Business?

By sulli10

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Twister
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180416-123301 (resized).png

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #2 7 years ago

Yes, just bought some opto board from them

#3 7 years ago

I was going to order a board from him but found it at another vendor. He got back to me in a day or two though. Here's what he said about ordering:
    ----------------------------
    Thank you for your interest in our products!
    Please find the ordering instructions and shipping costs below.

Shipping to most US destinations is $7.00.
    Shipping to Canada is $25.00.
    Shipping worldwide is $35.00.

Payment can be made by Paypal, check, or US Postal Money Order.

If paying by Paypal, please send payments to:

[email protected]

If in the US and paying by check or money order, please make/send them to:

Tony Clark
    Great Lakes Modular
    6950 US Hwy 31
    Berrien Springs, MI 49103

Most orders ship within 1-2 business days from receipt of cleared
    payment.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Tony

3 weeks later
    #4 6 years ago

I emailed GPM on the 7th of April and never heard back.
    I was going to post here on Pinside if he was around but just followed the directions in this thread yesterday to order and sent $42 thru Paypal for a new wide body trough receiver board for my ailing Popeye.
    Hoping that was right..Guess he is a busy man.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

I emailed GPM on the 7th of April and never heard back.
    I was going to post here on Pinside if he was around but just followed the directions in this thread yesterday to order and sent $42 thru Paypal for a new wide body trough receiver board for my ailing Popeye.
    Hoping that was right..Guess he is a busy man.

Hi,

I got my part from him. I think this is a side business or he may be on vacation. I sent a check and got the part about two weeks latter. My part is installed and works as expected.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

Hi,
    I got my part from him. I think this is a side business or he may be on vacation. I sent a check and got the part about two weeks latter. My part is installed and works as expected.

Thanks for the info.

When did you order it and when did it arrive? I guess your check had to get there first (3-4 days) too.

1 month later
    #7 6 years ago

I just did the same thing 42 dollars sent into the wild blue yonder

1 week later
    #8 6 years ago

I sent him PAYPAL and got my part just fine. He responded in a few days.
    I would suggest you do it that way over a check mailed to speed up the process.

#9 6 years ago

Yup I did the same thing and had my part in like two days. Real nice guy.

8 months later
    #10 6 years ago

I’ve been trying to get GLM’s attention for the better part of 3 weeks.

Zero response to emails.

Anyone have another way of contacting them?

#11 6 years ago

Anyone have any info?

#12 6 years ago

I ordered from Tony last week, got the part within 2 days...No problem whatsoever. GLM is great!

#13 6 years ago

Ok... how? I’ve sent him two emails in the last 3 weeks. Crickets!

#14 6 years ago

My experience in January was the same. Several emails...crickets.

#15 6 years ago

There’s no onsite ordering, correct? You have to email direct with sales... right?

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

There’s no onsite ordering, correct? You have to email direct with sales... right?

Yes

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I’ve been trying to get GLM’s attention for the better part of 3 weeks.
    Zero response to emails.
    Anyone have another way of contacting them?

What exact part do you need?

#18 6 years ago

I500 Target opto boards

#19 6 years ago

I sent them two emails about ordering, they never did respond to either one.

Are they still in business or are they taking a break for awhile ?

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from perryd:

I ordered from Tony last week, got the part within 2 days...No problem whatsoever. GLM is great!

How did you get them to respond ?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

How did you get them to respond ?

This what I'm curious about... How?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

This what I'm curious about... How?

I used this email "[email protected]"

#23 6 years ago

Well, that's frustrating. That's the same email I've used.

?

Weird

#24 6 years ago

Did anyone PM him through PinSide?

#25 6 years ago

He screwed me on a set of opto boards for my Corvette, still a little bitter about it, I needed the boards, ended up ordering from one of the parts places. Have you guys checked to see if a parts retailer has the parts you are looking for? If you are looking for a refund or something if you ordered direct from him, good luck!

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Did anyone PM him through PinSide?

What's his user name?

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from pindude80:

He screwed me on a set of opto boards for my Corvette, still a little bitter about it, I needed the boards, ended up ordering from one of the parts places. Have you guys checked to see if a parts retailer has the parts you are looking for? If you are looking for a refund or something if you ordered direct from him, good luck!

Thats sad to hear, since it looks like they make some really nice stuff.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

He has always been great whenever I’ve ordered from him. I’m really not understanding what pindude80 is conveying in his post as to what actually happened.

I do wish he would do another run of all his switch opto boards though.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

It is sad, I've always liked his stuff also. My opinion is he is too busy with his regular job and life to do all of the individual orders, if that is the case he should just sell to distributors and let them sell his stuff to us.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

He has always been great whenever I’ve ordered from him. I’m really not understanding what pindude80 is conveying in his post as to what actually happened.

Long story short, I was having problems with some boards, I finally got in touch with him, sent him my board that he said he would replace. I gave him a few weeks, followed-up with him, no answer, gave him another few weeks, followed-up, no reply. He never replied at all, I was going to do a charge back but too much time had passed and I ate the cost of the boards and had to order another set from a distributor.

#32 6 years ago

Ugh... that's not good.

3 weeks later
    #33 6 years ago

Well, still no reply from Tony.
    Where else can I find a pair of IJPA ball trough opto boards?

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from NobleTucson:

Well, still no reply from Tony.
    Where else can I find a pair of IJPA ball trough opto boards?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4406

#35 6 years ago

He is the only resource I'm aware of for repro System 11 Interconnect Boards. I hope he is OK.

#36 6 years ago

Thanks.
    Yes, his repros are top notch, better than OEM. But I can't wait.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

He is the only resource I'm aware of for repro System 11 Interconnect Boards. I hope he is OK.

He posts now and then on Facebook, so he must be alive.

#38 6 years ago

he's been at allentown in years past too... that's coming up quick

#39 6 years ago

I sent him an email on Sunday night and haven't heard boo from him. I've just assumed that he's super busy but I'm hoping to hear from him very soon.

Dave

#40 5 years ago

I emailed him to. Nothing but he may be away. I was looking for a-19301-1 opto board fit cftbl which I can’t find anywhere. I just sent him the funds via PayPal with a note. We will see.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

I emailed him to. Nothing but he may be away. I was looking for a-19301-1 opto board fit cftbl which I can’t find anywhere. I just sent him the funds via PayPal with a note. We will see.

Post back if you get a response... I’ve tried emailing (twice) and Pinside PM... nothing. Hope he Re-emerges!

#42 5 years ago

I still haven't heard back from him either...I'm hoping I hear from him soon.

1 week later
    #43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

So... did you ever hear anything Onwallst ?

#44 5 years ago

Talk to onwallstreet yesterday nope crickets sorry

#45 5 years ago

So weird. This guy has customers knocking on his door and he's ignoring them. Really sucks for those of us looking for parts that he seems to uniquely stock.

#46 5 years ago

I need a few system 11 GI relay boards...following with interest as I can't get a reply either .

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I need a few system 11 GI relay boards...following with interest as I can't get a reply either .

Have a link or part number?

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Have a link or part number?

Yep! I need 2 of these...one for the backbox and one for the playfield...

Sorry - posted the pic from my phone and didn't realize it loaded huge on the computer ha.

Screenshot_20180416-123301 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180416-123301 (resized).png

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Yep! I need 2 of these...one for the backbox and one for the playfield...

Since I couldn’t get a response from GLM I ordered the GIOCD for System 11s to put in its place.. haven’t done it yet, will eventually, just hacked it to the back for now. It should work based on the GIOCD description..

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Since I couldn’t get a response from GLM I ordered the GIOCD for System 11s to put in its place.. haven’t done it yet, will eventually, just hacked it to the back for now. It should work based on the GIOCD description..

I was thinking about that, but double the cost...ugh. ha.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-great-lakes-modular-still-in-business-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.