(Topic ID: 242703)

Is Gottlieb's Hit The Deck really worth $3800?

By swampwiz

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by newmantjn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A2C6B23-52C9-404A-9B14-E774A7648DCB (resized).jpeg
E6019520-939D-45E4-8561-8E807417ECB6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191230_090459673 (resized).jpg
arcade Rockola, wedgeheads, Sega, Kasco, etc. (resized).jpg
arcade nook with trade stimulators (resized).jpg
arcade wedgeheads in Dec. 2019 (resized).jpg
arcade with Kiki and friends Dec. 2019 (resized).jpg
IMG_0626 (resized).JPG
IMG_0538 (resized).JPG
IMG_0628 (resized).JPG
IMG_0539 (resized).JPG
20191224_120530 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
15777253119125634702003188612198 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191230_090459673 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191230_090438335 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87562
Looks like good shape but needs shop. $1600 posted a month ago

Great deal. While I prefer the backglass composition and replay gameplay of Hit-the-Deck (and its double entendre title), if I didn't have a HtD, I would buy this Neptune.

1 week later
#65 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I just sold a very nice all around original with 15,000 plays for $2500. Might have squeezed more out of it but I wanted a quick sale. Also sold a nice Strange World with the exception of pretty good insert wear for $2200.
The reason I even sold them was I lucked out and bought 5 games from a collector friend of mine's who moved into newer games (90's & above).
Hit the Deck sample 1001
Strange World sample 1001
Blue note sample 1003
Centigrade 37
Golden Arrow

Best EM lot purchase ever.

#75 4 years ago

I am down to only 5 wedgeheads: Blue Note, Hit-the-Deck, Strange World, Big Hit and Atlantis.

20191224_120530 (resized).jpg20191224_120530 (resized).jpg
#80 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I've got a nice Big Hit coming in on a trade for Ice Review. Love the Joker Poker em. I came so close to getting a Charlie's Angels em.......... I want to get some old em arcade games like you have too. Seem to be hard to find - need to look harder.

I've been unable to resist most coin-op genres. Consequently, my pinball collection has traditionally shared real estate with EM arcades, solid state arcades, trade stimulators, prewar games, vintage soda, candy and stamp machines, hot nut dispensers and the like. I know that I'm not alone with that tendency (okay, obsession) here on Pinside.

The population of my basement is the United Nations of coin-op. I like it that way. The diversity is important to long-term interest, in my opinion, after 35 years in the hobby.

Here's a few photos of what I call the "Gottlieb" hemisphere, although there's at least one stray Gottlieb woodrail which remains in the "Midway" section. More recently, I've beefed up my Bally nook (not pictured).

My 17 year-old daughter is a high school senior, pictured here last week (center---gray shirt/white pants). This is the first year that she and her friends have fully discovered the unmatched fun of hanging out in an arcade with vintage games. My house has become the venue of choice for these young, future pinball hobbyists. At the moment, I have a The Beatles Gold and a 2006 Namco Rockin' Bowl-O-Rama in my line-up for those gravitating toward something modern.

Nevertheless, these kids love the sixties and seventies EMs. They really do appreciate the ingenuity involved in designing such complex contraptions with old technology. Lift up an EM playfield and have them photograph it with their smartphone. Then, explain that they have just captured the evolution of the computer age.

When they realize that Kasco's Star V (the environmental game in the foreground of the last photo) is an EM, with an actual physical rotating globe (and not a video projection), they're especially interested in learning more about the hobby. Then, I have them play 1933 Rockola Jigsaw or 1934 Rockola World's Series or 1934/35 Rockola Army Navy and explain that these games are purely mechanical. . .all springs, levers and pulleys. It's enlightening for them and gratifying for a passionate collector to witness.

arcade Rockola, wedgeheads, Sega, Kasco, etc. (resized).jpgarcade Rockola, wedgeheads, Sega, Kasco, etc. (resized).jpgarcade nook with trade stimulators (resized).jpgarcade nook with trade stimulators (resized).jpgarcade wedgeheads in Dec. 2019 (resized).jpgarcade wedgeheads in Dec. 2019 (resized).jpgarcade with Kiki and friends Dec. 2019 (resized).jpgarcade with Kiki and friends Dec. 2019 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-gottlieb-s-hit-the-deck-really-worth-3800?tu=znet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.