Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ZNET
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 3.21.11 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZNET.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Swampwiz, here's a list of additional rare EMs that are worth a lot of money so you don't have to make a separate thread wondering if X is really worth X whenever you see one for sale. Due the rarity and/or art/gameplay, the following are likely worth X to somebody even if it seems super wacky!:
    TKO
    Strange World
    Evel K
    Space Walk
    Joker Poker
    Charlie's Angels
    Knockout
    Mermaid
    feel free to add to the list folks

Gottlieb woodrails Niagara, Spot Bowler, Queen of Hearts, Grand Slam, Bank-a-Ball and Daisy May belong on the list of EMs which continue to command a premium price, although peak prices for woodrails have softened somewhat in the last 2 years.

Gottlieb wedgeheads Blue Note/Rock Star are very low production games, which are great fun and which fetch top dollar. Wedgehead Hit-the-Deck (and Neptune to a lesser extent) has escalated in price over the past 5 years and continues on an upward vector.

Prewars have been hot in the last 3 years. The "aging collector " theory has limited merit, in my opinion. Current collectors never played a 1934/35 Rockola Army Navy on location, in their youth. Yet, restored examples of this game have sold for $15K -$23K in the past 6 years. This title sold for about $6K in 2007 and fetched about $3K in the late 1990s.

Likewise, 1933 Rockola Jigsaw continues to escalate each year in value.

The scarce games, which are fun, innovative and aesthetically appealing always have a respectable marketplace of enthusiastic buyers. Era of release, flipper size, "fast quotient" are, in my opinion, secondary factors which dictate price.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Really? Pinside shows about $800. Reason I ask is I have a working one.

I am referring to 1953 Gottlieb Grand Slam, among the best playing woodrails. Restored and nice original examples fetch $2K to $4,500 and a few were selling for over $5K at the market's peak. You have the 1972 Grand Slam wedgehead which is the $800 game.

I would also add 1951 Gottlieb Glamor to the list of high-priced EMs. A restored Glamor fetched about $12K or more a couple of years ago.

But, the market for $10K+ woodrails is indeed quite limited. An exceptionally nice, all-original Glamor was available last year. The seller relied too heavily on the previous game's sale price. The seller turned down an offer of $8,500 and, months later, ended up selling the game for several thousand less.

A few Williams woodrails and a several Bally EMs remain in high demand and continue to garner high prices. Bally Star Jet and Ted Zale zipper flipper designs have been on the rise for several years.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can add the super hard to find 1953 Marble Queen. They seem to hardly ever come up for sale.
    And 1955 Sweet Add A Line - another super rare title. Famous for winning 26 credits if you complete the game!

I agree that those great Gottlieb woodrail titles have held their value, especially Marble Queen whereas Mystic Marvel and Sittin' Pretty, for example, have declined.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZNET.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-gottlieb-s-gemini-really-worth-7k?tu=ZNET and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.