(Topic ID: 255787)

Is Gottlieb Goin Nuts really worth $44K?

By swampwiz

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cp1610
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I always wondered how many of those that just "collect" rare machines actually even like playing pinball. I know some people that DO PLAY their rare machines no matter how rare the machine... the rest of these "collectors" seem to just hide in the shadows on Pinside... I always wondered if those that hide in the dark the most, play their machines the least.
    You know who you are people. Owning HEP machines and playing them 10 times or less in 3 years. Owning other rare machines and setting them up getting them working and then removing the balls because you are afraid of "ball damage". You like owning things no one else owns and you play pinball once a month. Do you cringe when you think that people in the distant (or not so distant) future will actually PLAY your machines because they will then be owned by other people? Heaven forbid people actually play "your" pinball machines and perform a slap save or tilt a ball.
    Most very rare machines are rare because they were not great games. A good playing machine is more desirable to own than a dud. Generally, rare machines are duds to play.
    You can spend your time and money however you want, but if you hide in those shadows, please don't pretend that you also play pinball in those shadows and that you automatically belong in the conversation with those that like to actually play pinball daily/weekly. Rant over.

There is a whole world of collectors that seem to just like to collect. I dont personally get it, but is makes them happy so... meh whatever.

For me pinball is meant to be played and shared, but that is me...

I will say that there are actually many rare games that are spectacular! In the past, there were many reasons that games did not make it to production or long runs and it often has little to do with gameplay and more to do with timing, theme that made money on route, or other company stuff that happened behind the scenes.

There are many really good rare games out there.

Personally, goin nuts is pretty meh and I have no desire to ever own one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-gottlieb-goin-nuts-really-worth-44k?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.