Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jeanclaudev
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BD533FD5-DE86-424D-A09A-5C75D7E14B1E.jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Well, for me, LoTR is still one of the best, if not the best, pinball machine ever made.

Is GOT a valid replacement?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Well, for me, LoTR is still one of the best, if not the best, pinball machine ever made.

No. LOTR is generally considered an all time great. GOT is cool but it'll never have that much cred...or lofty finishing modes.
Very diff'rent machines.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from pninja005:

GOT is a cool game but it will likely never have the polished rules and theme immersion that LOTR has. I love the GOT show and wish Stern could have put together a more cohesive package of artwork, sounds and rules to really bring you into the theme. LOTR has the best theme immersion of any game ever made! GOT should have been so much more.

#4 1 year ago

GoT shoots better than LOTR, but it doesn't have the same "quest" feel to it. LOTR is pretty dang unique in its insane level of long-term progression and it is variety of in-the-moment modes. GOT has a much faster pace and the progression the game isn't nearly as layered. It does have a lot going on, but in a much different way.

Both are great games!

#5 1 year ago

Nope

#6 1 year ago

No.

Even the Pinside top 100 shows. LOTR 15 years later at number 5 and GOT has fallen to 37 after only 2 years.

#7 1 year ago

Just played LOTR the other night for the first time and what a blast! I’ve never seen the movies and don’t care too but the game is fun as hell!

#8 1 year ago

Games are totally different I agree. I have owned GOT in the past and played a lot of LOTR. If you are looking for a similar game to replace LOTR with, GOT isn't what you want. If you want a super fast game with a great ruleset, get GOT, but don't expect it to be similar at all.

#11 1 year ago

Yes!! Ok not really so 3rd no in a row. Own LOTR and had GOT in our league for a year now. Really like them both But nowhere close to game play.

#12 1 year ago

No

#13 1 year ago

No, but the GoT colorDMD release tomorrow will be SWEET!

#14 1 year ago

Nope GoT far better game, premium or LE I mean

#15 1 year ago

I like GOT just fine, but in no way does it come close to the polish, character, and epic-ness of LOTR.

#16 1 year ago

Not even close. I've owned both (still own my second LOTR). LOTR has so many different ways to play. It's an absolute quest. One of the best games ever made.

GOT is decent. It flows well, and as you get to know the rules deeper, it has some fun choices. But it just doesn't have the legs to be in a race against LOTR.

I'm glad you're enjoying your game. But let's be realistic.

#17 1 year ago

Not even close....so NOOOOOO

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Yes, but only if you freebase cocaine.

#19 1 year ago

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, , ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

#21 1 year ago

LOTR was the closest that Stern ever got to W/B in terms of toys and just all around cool stuff going on.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

LOTR was the closest that Stern ever got to W/B in terms of toys and just all around cool stuff going on.

Which is why a LotR LED vault on the newer hardware will sell really well.

#23 1 year ago

Both have orbit post problems lol

So they’re Eskimo brothers I guess

#24 1 year ago

This is why GOT needs a final update to bring it all together. Put some finishing touches on the house modes, add some more call outs, polish the final wizard mode and you have a legitimate contender to LOTR. Oh yeah, another thing, it's a lot more cheaper too (pro).

#25 1 year ago

No chance.

#26 1 year ago

LOTR is currently better. But GoT has more potential if it gets another code release. GoT isn’t missing much to be a serious contender. LOTR is a long linear adventure with a lot of cohesion between theme and game. GoT is a choose your own adventure game with multiple ways to attack it. GoT is still missing some video and audio clips to bring it up to par with LOTR. Rule wise I like GoT but it needs a little bit more secret sauce to fully realize it’s potential.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

This is why GOT needs a final update to bring it all together. Put some finishing touches on the house modes, add some more call outs, polish the final wizard mode and you have a legitimate contender to LOTR. Oh yeah, another thing, it's a lot more cheaper too (pro).

I agree with what you say about the rules. But as far as GOT it being cheaper than LOTR, I mean, shouldn't it be? Look at the two games side-by-side. It's like Magic Kingdom vs. the parking lot at Magic Kingdom.

#28 1 year ago

nooooooooooo

#29 1 year ago

lotr is Sterns masterpiece so far. GOT is a pretty good game.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Tspp was packed

#31 1 year ago

Not even close

#32 1 year ago

LOTR is an epic journey with a great layout, epic code that is deep and fairly easy to understand where you feel immersed in the gameplay, exciting callouts and music, fun shots, modes, multiballs and wizards and just an overall masterpiece. Owned for about 4 years. Awesome game.

GOT is just a typical new stern with bright LEDs which is sometimes blinding, software that is very difficult to figure out by the average joe, broken left orbit that was never addressed or fixed by stern. Many, many people that have played it cannot figure out the complex ruleset without outside help. Shot layout isn't anything special to be honest. Yes it plays fast and in your face but that is not what makes a great game. Sold NIB LE after about 9 months as it was the least played by everyone. Just another recent weak effort by richie in my personal opinion.

GOT is not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as LOTR.

#33 1 year ago

BD533FD5-DE86-424D-A09A-5C75D7E14B1E.jpeg

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from TVP:

GOT is just a typical new stern with bright LEDs which is sometimes blinding

I always forget about that when I say anything about GOT. The lighting is laughingly bad. When I'd play it, I would ALWAYS turn on the room lights. Plus I would avoid "Winter is coming" and "Winter has come". I could not see the ball during those. It would completely blind me. I realize that some people call that immersive, but I couldn't see. If I was lucky enough to get the ball, I'd time it out. If it was "Winter has come", I would just dump the balls to get out of it. So I could never get the super stack because of this. I would be picking shots to specifically avoid those modes.

#35 1 year ago

Got is certainly not the new LOTR, but it is a well done game, at least different than many of the last Sterns.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Sale Pending!
Olathe, KS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 1,000.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Pasadena, MD
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside