Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dboeren
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one is the better game”

• Jurassic Park 75 votes
      33%
    • Godzilla 152 votes
      67%

(227 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0cg4hzm5ldj81 (resized).jpg
    51034FD4-6B37-4240-8B84-9106B76B88E6 (resized).jpeg
    8AC805A5-5BF2-4595-8AE5-3D02C871E6A0.gif
    0278DCD4-C143-43B1-9474-F7C9CDB06A20.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purbeast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 1 year ago

I own both but have only had GZ for less than a week now and haven't really had much time to play it yet.

Immediately I noticed that GZ is much "easier" for me than JP. Like my games last noticeably longer on average and it is far less punishing for bricking shots than JP. In JP I lose balls to the outlane so damn often and it can be super annoying/frustrating. I am not noticing that at all in GZ. Most of my drains have came down the middle.

I'm still learning the GZ ruleset though and have a long way to go. I ended up getting one after playing it while I was up in Galloping Ghosts around Memorial Day and just got hooked.

They are my only pins and they are both great.

#92 1 year ago

I only have like 20 games on my GZ at this point (just been super busy since I got it) and I can say it was SUPER satisfying to get the 3 mecha godzilla shots in a row to make the targets spin around.

When you hit him it usually feeds right back to the left flipper.

Well I hit it 3x in a row last night and let me tell you - that shit feels good!

Not sure what I'd compare it to in JP but it feels damn good! Perhaps it's like getting the 3x or 4x skill shot. Definitely a different feeling than hitting the smart missle.

1 week later
    #111 1 year ago

I can definitely say GZ is much easier than JP is.

I have had my JP Pro since last November and my GZ Premium for a bit more than 2 weeks now, and I've broken 1 billion twice on GZ in like 25-30 games. The games on GZ just last much longer in general. My scores get above 500 million very regularly in GZ.

In JP, my GC is like 789 million. I have only broke 500 million like maybe 10 times. The game is just much more punishing and the outlanes are like god damn magnets for some reason. That is one thing I've noticed big time in GZ is that the ball rarely goes in the outlane on random bounces and bricks.

Now maybe JP has also made me a better player, I'm not sure, but I haven't gone back to JP since I got GZ. Not that I don't like it or anything, just that GZ is the shiny new toy right now and when I have free time, I'm playing it.

Both of the games are fantastic though. No matter which one you get, you will enjoy it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purbeast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-godzilla-better-than-jp?tu=purbeast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.