Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dboeren
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one is the better game”

• Jurassic Park 75 votes
      33%
    • Godzilla 152 votes
      67%

(227 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0cg4hzm5ldj81 (resized).jpg
    51034FD4-6B37-4240-8B84-9106B76B88E6 (resized).jpeg
    8AC805A5-5BF2-4595-8AE5-3D02C871E6A0.gif
    0278DCD4-C143-43B1-9474-F7C9CDB06A20.gif
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

I might have the opportunity to trade my JP for a Godzilla straight up. What say you

#2 1 year ago

Since I own JP, no. JP is better.

If I didn't, GZ is better.

To be fair,GZ is a much more forgiving shooter. With JP, it is like there are neodymium magnets in the right outlane or something.

#4 1 year ago

I own neither but I have played both, I personally prefer GZ.

To me it is more fun to shoot and the callouts and video assets combined are some of the best of any pin imo. Very "fun" in that it doesn't take itself very seriously but has some great moments.

Are you trading a Pro for Pro, or Prem for Prem? GZ Prem is so good!

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Since I own JP, no. JP is better.
    If I didn't, GZ is better.
    To be fair,GZ is a much more forgiving shooter. With JP, it is like there are neodymium magnets in the right outlane or something.

You are a big help

#6 1 year ago

I prefer JP over GZ

#7 1 year ago

Yes

#8 1 year ago

Really depends on if you prefer giant green monsters to giant green monsters.

#9 1 year ago

I recently picked up a JP and wouldn’t want to swap unless it had started to get old. Godzilla is a great game but JP feels like it would hold my interest longer.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Which one plays better. I’ll never finish either because I suck but JP just kicks my ass. And how about the video. I do have real movie scenes on mine.

#11 1 year ago

I own both so i’d say you’re trading perfection for perfection.
    Do it or don’t; there’s no wrong here

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Which one plays better. I’ll never finish either because I suck but JP just kicks my ass. And how about the video. I do have real movie scenes on mine.

I think GZ “plays” better

#13 1 year ago

have both, play JP far more than GZ, both great machines, both very different. I think its the difficulty of the shots that keeps me coming back to JP

my advice, buy both!

#14 1 year ago

I wasn't a massive fan of JP, so for me GZ easy.

Quoted from zr11990:

My biggest issues with JP besides code was the layout. I had issue with my right u turn, and never licked the raptor pen on the left. If you want to get into all the hip speak GZ shoots very *gag* buttery and is super super smooth; much more than JP for me.

For me GZ has a lot of humor and the video shit is great, so that's easy winner over both JP video set ups.

#15 1 year ago

I prefer JP sold my Godzilla wasn't a keeper for me.

#16 1 year ago

Is Godzilla better than JP?

Yes.

Ten years from now I've got a strong suspicion that Godzilla will be in the top ten here on pinside regularly. I think Jurassic Park will be in the top 50, maybe the top 25.

Godzilla is very good.

Jurassic Park is very good also, but it's surprising depth isn't as easy to fall in love with as the charm Godzilla brings.

#17 1 year ago

Very different games and reward systems. JP is much more linear, and you play it a handful of ways and the difficulty lies in the path you choose with some difficult shots.

GZ is more open to various orders of gameplay and the difficulty is in mastering the right order of operations to maximize score and the sheer number of objections.

The layouts are very different; GZ has more gimmicks and unique things about it, but not all of those are fun to everyone.

Personally, I wouldn't trade b/c I prefer playing JP more back to back in a home environment vs. GZ.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

I own both so i’d say you’re trading perfection for perfection.
    Do it or don’t; there’s no wrong here

+1... i left the JP club when i sold my LE, but missed it so much, rejoined the JP club last month with a premium!!!

#19 1 year ago

I really prefer JP to play. Godzilla is all ramps and I no so good at ramps. I just find JP more satisfying to play.

#20 1 year ago

Out of curiosity, pro for pro -or- premium for premium?
    I've owned both premium and Pro of JP and love them both. I've owned that title several times, actually, because the game has a tendency to keep my interest pretty well.

That said, I also currently have a Godzilla Pro and have been thoroughly impressed with this game as well. It is a slightly more forgivable shooter I'd say, but both games have some really fun and dynamic shots and whether it jives with you or not, I think most would agree that the code on JP is pretty well flushed out and good.
    Maybe it's because I had owned it so many times and was ready for a change, again, but I did recently trade my Jurassic Park Pro for a different Stern Pro game and meanwhile the Godzilla still stands, for what thats worth.

I say both of these games are games that can be gotten, so, if you're looking to change it up, and the question is whether or not Godzilla is a good game to trade for, pound for pound so to speak, I say heck yes. If you get it and it's just not jiving with you in the home environment, you can always find someone to trade back with.

#21 1 year ago

Godzilla is much better both short-term and long-term

#22 1 year ago

I’ve sold Godzilla twice

#23 1 year ago

JP is an ass kicker. I have never gotten more than 600,000 on mine. But it is fun. I’ll have to think hard about the trade. JP for NIB GZ is very tempting. But you will never get the real movie footage again and you won’t get the TRex mod.

#24 1 year ago

I own both but have only had GZ for less than a week now and haven't really had much time to play it yet.

Immediately I noticed that GZ is much "easier" for me than JP. Like my games last noticeably longer on average and it is far less punishing for bricking shots than JP. In JP I lose balls to the outlane so damn often and it can be super annoying/frustrating. I am not noticing that at all in GZ. Most of my drains have came down the middle.

I'm still learning the GZ ruleset though and have a long way to go. I ended up getting one after playing it while I was up in Galloping Ghosts around Memorial Day and just got hooked.

They are my only pins and they are both great.

#25 1 year ago

Add a poll!

#26 1 year ago

The greatness of JP is that there's only really 3 objectives. Get through the paddocks, do 3 control room modes and 4 t-rex modes. And most games that I play I'll get most of the way through the paddocks, do 2 control room modes and 2-3 t-rex modes. So it feels like I'm close to beating the game quite often, but you never quite get there. JP is my favorite game of all time, I own GZ and still getting used to it at the moment. Yes you drain fairly often on JP, but 5-7 ball games are fairly common.

#27 1 year ago

JP for the win!!

#28 1 year ago

Godzilla eats JP for a light snack.

#29 1 year ago

I was in the market for either GZ or JP and ended up with JP - no regrets at all. There was a bit to dial in /adjust to get all the shots flowing how I like but man once I did - the game just has so many ways to combo (not that GZ doesn't either)
    JP gives me a bit of shadow feel (upper loop orbit, sanctum where JP has the spinner) , with a mix of TAF/TZ with that upper flipper (the loop, or the ramp are both options), amazing ramps/wireforms, tip of the flipper shots like the control room or helipad return shot, the raptor pen, chasing the dinos via roaming lit inserts. Top it all off with the T-Rex mech & amazing movie code and it really is the complete package that will keep you coming back.

I still play GZ on location and it's fun, I may get it one day but I wouldn't trade JP for it, that's for sure.

#30 1 year ago

Trade, but you will probably want JP back at some point. And then want GZ back. They're that good.

#31 1 year ago

Own both premiums, personally enjoy JP more.

#32 1 year ago

Well maybe I could sell my IJ and buy GZ.

#33 1 year ago

IMDN in the poll yet?
    (I’ll go JP, but someone had to say it.. )

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

JP is an ass kicker. I have never gotten more than 600,000 on mine. But it is fun. I’ll have to think hard about the trade. JP for NIB GZ is very tempting. But you will never get the real movie footage again and you won’t get the TRex mod.

No disrespect, but if you have never gotten more than 600k on JP you might find GZ a more enjoyable experience for ball time alone. Is there one on location near you to try?

#35 1 year ago

Iron Maiden is not part of the equation. Stop being difficult ☺️

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I might have the opportunity to trade my JP for a Godzilla straight up. What say you

YES!

#37 1 year ago

I have a Godzilla LE. Unbelievably great game. Maybe the best ever. As a hard-core Godzilla fan it is perfection. They captured everything great. Tons of assests, humor, great story hung around one of the greatest films of the era. Every update makes it even better. Great shooting game that has some great mechs, new players love it, old players love it. Beautiful art by one of the greatest pinball artist. Awesome music and video clips as well as video created by the Stern team.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Godzilla is a monster. Dinosaurs, not so much

#39 1 year ago

Tough tough choice, really impossibly TBH. 2 different approaches to 2 completely different games. There are some similarities of course but JP has that progression feel, where GZ has a more well rounded, "What do you feel like doing" ala Deadpool feel. I'd say the flow is definitely better in GZ. The music, audio, and callouts is also better in GZ. But I could never sell either Premium I have, they are both keepers.

#40 1 year ago

JP is better theme minus the movie assets which can be added by modification. The O shot is hard. GZ is better shooting machine and more fun machine. The art on GZ is significantly better. I find baby godzilla silly. I own an JP premium and GZ LE. I'll probably keep the JP and eventually sell my GZ

#41 1 year ago

JP is a better theme game for me but GZ shoots better.

#42 1 year ago

I’ve never gotten board of JP. On location I walked away from GZ after several really long games and left credits in the machine. Both great, but easily JP for me.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from creepykenny:

have both, play JP far more than GZ, both great machines, both very different. I think its the difficulty of the shots that keeps me coming back to JP
    my advice, buy both!

I agree, I own both GZ LE and JP premium. I think JP has slightly better shots and rules but Godzilla has slightly better art and maybe better lighting sounds etc. I think the moving Rex head is the best toy.

Basically they’re both fantastic and I’m keeping both and looking to add Maiden.

I don’t have enough games under my belt so they are both nearly new to me.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’ve sold Godzilla twice

C'mon man.

#45 1 year ago

I was thinking about the top10 list how JP and GZ are both near the top, was thinking what will it be in 10 years from now, will either one still be in top5. Is that possible? I guess it is possible because MM and AFM have stuck around near the top but if I had to bet, I’d say JP will more likely to still be top5 still 10 years from now.

#46 1 year ago

I have both and Godzilla is way better. It would have been a closer match if you went.

Iron Maiden VS Godzilla.

that's a close one.

#47 1 year ago

I like Godzilla way more.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I traded my nice Godzilla Premium for a nice Jurassic Park Premium... and $1500 cash.

Both are great games but Godzilla is better.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

But you will never get the real movie footage again and you won’t get the TRex mod.

Why not?

#50 1 year ago

The TRex head is sold out and stern pins are no longer able to be modified.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-godzilla-better-than-jp?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.