Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dboeren
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one is the better game”

• Jurassic Park 75 votes
      33%
    • Godzilla 152 votes
      67%

(227 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0cg4hzm5ldj81 (resized).jpg
    51034FD4-6B37-4240-8B84-9106B76B88E6 (resized).jpeg
    8AC805A5-5BF2-4595-8AE5-3D02C871E6A0.gif
    0278DCD4-C143-43B1-9474-F7C9CDB06A20.gif
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Well the guy doesn’t want to trade. I guess I’m keeping JP.

So that tells me the owner thinks Godzilla is better too.

#102 1 year ago

No, this was a dealer. A friend of min works for him and suggested that he trade a GZ for my game since it has mods and ts harder to get a JP.

#103 1 year ago

Premium vs Premium - keep Godzilla
    Pro vs Pro - I’d get a JP

#104 1 year ago

As someone who owns both Jurassic Park premium and Godzilla premium, here's my opinion:

Godzilla is a much more forgiving game. It's also got way more WOW factor, in terms of mechanisms, than Jurassic Park. Newbies love Godzilla, newbies get frustrated with Jurassic Park.

But I love how difficult Jurassic Park is. It was my first pin (foolishly, I thought it would be my only), and I wanted something with:

1. A great layout
    2. Deep code
    3. Some challenge I could grow into
    4. A theme I don't hate
    5. Fun toys, mechanisms, and features
    6. Something that won't break down all the time, and if it doesn't I want to be able to fix it myself.

Jurassic Park checks all those boxes.

But so does Godzilla.

They are very different games, and if I could only choose to keep one.... damn.... I might have to pick Godzilla. It's just more fun. I feel that its wide rule set allows for a ton of different ways to play. The linearity of Jurassic Park is awesome, but it's also its downfall in a 1-pin collection.

#105 1 year ago

The code on JP is crazy deep, to the point that I will never ever see the end of it. I’m not a bad player I have finished most of my WPC games at least once but I think I have only gotten up to five paddocks completed and rarely collect fossils. It seems like the outlines have magnets just sucking the ball in. It’s mine so I guess I’ll only get better at it.
    BTW, if you just want to get high scores, what’s the secret.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wiggles:

I prefer JP over GZ

I actually changed my mind on this. I got to spend a great deal of time with a Godzilla LE and also a JP Premium in the same room and I definitely prefer Godzilla, y actually a fair amount. I still don't think it's even close to being the best pin ever made, but it's definitely a top 10 Stern table for me.

#107 1 year ago

I own both and prefer JP over Godzilla. I like the rules better and gives me the right amount of challenge.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The code on JP is crazy deep, to the point that I will never ever see the end of it. I’m not a bad player I have finished most of my WPC games at least once but I think I have only gotten up to five paddocks completed and rarely collect fossils. It seems like the outlines have magnets just sucking the ball in. It’s mine so I guess I’ll only get better at it.

If you want fossils and high scores then make sure to start the paddocks but then focus on T Rex modes and Control room
    Modes stacked with raptor and chaos multiballs. During the modes while you have a paddock going you will progress through the paddock eventually while playing the modes either by the rescues lining up with the mode shots or the Dino’s escaping, either way you progress. Getting to the visitors center and playing it well is usually good for 500 million or more between the bonus and progressing through it. So many people just play this game to catch dinosaurs because that’s the focus with the map in the middle, but the only games I’ve gone over 2 billion on I have almost completely ignored the Dino’s and played it like a traditional mode based game.

#109 1 year ago

Godzilla is more fun but I still think JP is a better game. JP is more frustrating but if you can handle that the satisfaction is so much greater than Godzilla because it’s much harder (king of the monsters may change that when it’s released in code).

Escape Nublar is my favourite wizard mode ever, the atmosphere and immersion into the story it’s telling is fantastic.

IMDN has the best flow of all the Elwin games and imo is better than any other non Elwin game, but GZ and JP are just next level on code and atmosphere

I don’t know how Elwin will top either of them but I’ll be super happy if he does!

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Don't forget to focus on relighting the left outlane ball save, even in multiball.

#111 1 year ago

I can definitely say GZ is much easier than JP is.

I have had my JP Pro since last November and my GZ Premium for a bit more than 2 weeks now, and I've broken 1 billion twice on GZ in like 25-30 games. The games on GZ just last much longer in general. My scores get above 500 million very regularly in GZ.

In JP, my GC is like 789 million. I have only broke 500 million like maybe 10 times. The game is just much more punishing and the outlanes are like god damn magnets for some reason. That is one thing I've noticed big time in GZ is that the ball rarely goes in the outlane on random bounces and bricks.

Now maybe JP has also made me a better player, I'm not sure, but I haven't gone back to JP since I got GZ. Not that I don't like it or anything, just that GZ is the shiny new toy right now and when I have free time, I'm playing it.

Both of the games are fantastic though. No matter which one you get, you will enjoy it.

#112 1 year ago

I do.

I highly recommend it.

51034FD4-6B37-4240-8B84-9106B76B88E6 (resized).jpeg51034FD4-6B37-4240-8B84-9106B76B88E6 (resized).jpeg
    #113 1 year ago

Vote by size.

0cg4hzm5ldj81 (resized).jpg0cg4hzm5ldj81 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #114 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No. You can still run the code.

I also thought the code could no longer be run, as of mid-‘22 and the addition of the IC scanners. Is this not true?

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from tudishot:

I also thought the code could no longer be run, as of mid-‘22 and the addition of the IC scanners. Is this not true?

Not true. Version 1.05 works with IC

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Vote by size.
    [quoted image]

Given that Stern's Godzilla is just a guy in a rubber suit. Size goes to the mighty T-Rex. JP wins (the Data East version).

3 weeks later
    #117 1 year ago

Well, I recently had the choice of what new pin to buy. Our local arcade has both machines so I've been able to try them side by side on multiple occasions.

For me, Godzilla was the clear winning - much more fun machine but still has a lot of depth. Jurassic Park is also good, and I don't think you'd regret owning either one, but for me it was the lower priority of the two.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-godzilla-better-than-jp/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.