Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Eric_S
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SmartSelect_20190901-220907_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I was thinking it has been a long time since the last new Gameroom magazine was released and the last relevant Facebook update was almost a year and a half ago.

Does anyone know if new issues will be released or is defunct again?

2 weeks later
    #2 5 years ago

Have been thinking the same.....Think I was paid up too....

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, big bummer, I still enjoyed reading it.

5 months later
    #4 5 years ago

Sorry to bump an old thread. But word around the campfire is that issue #7, a double issue, is in the layout stages as we speak. I've got an article in the queue waiting to be published in issue #7 so I'm keeping close tabs. Hopefully it gets to print sometime in the mew year.

#5 5 years ago

I chat with Jim every now and then, and he did say he’s trying to get an issue (plus the calendar) going right now.

He mentioned the other day that he’d like to get all the info and pics for the story on my Alvin G & Co. Museum. Bob Herbison was here last Spring and did the write up, but I just haven’t had time to edit it yet. Hopefully soon though, and then Jim will have some more content to work with.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

I chat with Jim every now and then, and he did say he’s trying to get an issue (plus the calendar) going right now.
    He mentioned the other day that he’d like to get all the info and pics for the story on my Alvin G & Co. Museum. Bob Herbison was here last Spring and did the write up, but I just haven’t had time to edit it yet. Hopefully soon though, and then Jim will have some more content to work with.

Oops...just noticed this was about Gameroom Magazine, not Pingame Journal. I don’t have any info on that mag. Sorry, disregard.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Sorry to bump an old thread. But word around the campfire is that issue #7, a double issue, is in the layout stages as we speak. I've got an article in the queue waiting to be published in issue #7 so I'm keeping close tabs. Hopefully it gets to print sometime in the mew year.

Well, better late than never. I think it has been 2 years since the last issue was released. If they want the magazine to succeed, they really need to have regular issue releases, frequent updates, and a more robust website. The existing website has almost zero information: https://www.gameroommagazine.net/

#8 5 years ago

I asked Nic about this recently (i.e., after Pinball Expo) and he said that the magazine is continuing. As seen in other threads here, he has some big plans. I can't assess how much the other plans might be affecting the delivery of the next issue of the magazine.
    .................David Marston

7 months later
    #9 4 years ago

The following was quietly posted to the Gameroom Magazine Facebook page...

Hooray for new content, but with some ominous news hinted at.

SmartSelect_20190901-220907_Facebook (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20190901-220907_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago

I received my copy of issue 7/8 yesterday. I'm not sure how to describe it, but this double-issue has a completely different 'feel' to it from the previous six issues. It looks quite a bit different too - in both its layout & style. I'm glad that it's back, but their Facebook page as shown above does sound to be quite ominous...

#11 4 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Haven't read it yet, but looks real heavy on vid stuff.

#12 4 years ago

Well, that's twice I was burned after signing up for a lengthy subscription with them shortly before goin Tits UP (and 7 issues in to boot). I know it must be extremely difficult to put out a magazine in todays age but I'll never waste my money again. I cant even remember that last issue that came out.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Well, that's twice I was burned after signing up for a lengthy subscription with them shortly before goin Tits UP (and 7 issues in to boot). I know it must be extremely difficult to put out a magazine in todays age but I'll never waste my money again. I cant even remember that last issue that came out.

Wait a minute, are we talking about Pingame Journal or Gameroom magazine here? I get them both confused.

John

#14 4 years ago

Gameroom magazine.

#15 4 years ago

I got mine yesterday also. Odd, because the last one I got was Game room magazine #6. That was over 2 years ago and the label said it would be my last if I didn't renew my subscription. I am almost positive I did not renew. Also I have moved since then and it still came to my new address.

It has no info about the publisher. So not sure what's up exactly. But should be a good read.

1 month later
    #16 4 years ago

I picked up a copy of 7 and 8 at Expo. I enjoyed the content, though it was pretty heavy on JJP games. I missed Mitch Gersic's column. Really odd was the lack of advertising as previous issues seemed to have equal pages of ads to content.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-gameroom-magazine-dead-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.