(Topic ID: 114872)

Is Game of Thrones truly coming this year?

By ejg10532626

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-57.jpg
    image-877.jpg
    image.jpg
    3qpxnx[1].jpg

#1 4 years ago

I'd really like to know this, because it will keep me from buying anything else and saving for once.

I thought it was next, and I was dead wrong---see Wrestlemania.

#2 4 years ago

Lol, its never been that easy ; )

#3 4 years ago

No one knows what the next game will be until it is shown. Sometimes the theme gets leaked, but it's very rare that the title is announced publicly before there is a physical machine to see.

#4 4 years ago

Fall 2015.

#5 4 years ago

Rearrange..... "is coming Winter"

#6 4 years ago

I get it....

#7 4 years ago

To me it would make sense. Season premiere is in April. The production line isn't going to go full steam with Wrestlemania, MMr, Woah Nellie until then. I could see it happening by then. Last time I said this though, someone said something along the lines of the next game coming out was a Borg game and its not GOT. So we'll see.

A GOT launch just like TWD makes sense to me.

#8 4 years ago

i hope not. can they release it once the book/tv series ends? how do you know how to end the game if you don't know how the series ends?

christopher

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i hope not. can they release it once the book/tv series ends? how do you know how to end the game if you don't know how the series ends?
    christopher

*Insert joke/reality of code not being done for 3 years*

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

christopher

Simple - the pinball machine doesn't have to tell the complete story of 10 seasons (or whatever it's going to be)....there are plenty of iconic and exciting events and battles that can influence the modes, design, and features. Look at TWD...there's no story arc...it's killing zombies and stuff. Even LOTR, which is stuffed with great moments from the movie, isn't really telling a story but immersing you in "best of" events. Sopranos came out before the series ended, and that was able to use its theme well.

#11 4 years ago

I can already play this game in my head. The signature HBO show intro song is the base music. Dunt Dunt, dunna dunt dunt, dunnna dunna nnnaaa.

It would be awesome if each player could choose their house (ie Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, or Targaryen) and the game play / voice work would be customized for that house. Or similarly if you could choose your Stark (Eddard, Cat, Arya, John Snow, etc.).

Gameplay ideas:
    Red wedding multi-ball with the Rain's of Castemere accompanying sound track.

Every time you lose a ball down the center Tyrion would quote: “Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.”

Before a multi-ball - Tyrion - “Those are brave men," "Let's go kill them.”

When you earn a ball save - Tyrion - “A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."

Anyone have a good idea for how to incorporate "the Wall"?

It's like the books / show were created just to be a Pinball Theme.

Which two characters would get the sides of the Back Box? Daenerys has to be on one side right? Who gets the other - John Snow or Arya? or does it have to be another hot chick - Ygritte, Cersia, Sansa, Melisandre... oh wait, how did I forget Margaery Tyrell? Definitely Margaery. Your thoughts?

#12 4 years ago

I'm just impressed you could spell all those names

#13 4 years ago

Who needs Game of Thrones when Stern just delivered Game of Steel Chairs?

3qpxnx[1].jpg

#14 4 years ago

Rumor mill has Steve Ritchie doing it.

But only Stern knows what is being worked on or what might get shelved for something else.

LTG : )™

#15 4 years ago

I'm just about finished with the fifth book, the most recent one. There's plenty of material to do a pinball machine. Heck, it's going to be based on the show anyway and they have, not quite, caught up to the books.

Honestly, that's the biggest problem. Unless this season is really slow it's probably going to catch up to the end of book five. Supposedly, Martin has told the HBO writers how the series ends, but, that's no fun. For a TV show's narrative to travel beyond the book, its source material.

#16 4 years ago

As a fan of the books I'd rather have art directly related to the books. I want this pic right in the middle of the playfield.
    image.jpg
    Then have Arianne Martell as the translite.
    image-877.jpg
    Perhaps Aurich could do an alt translite of the Knight of Flowers for anybody that swings that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    image-57.jpg

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

As a fan of the books I'd rather have art directly related to the books. I want this pic right in the middle of the playfield.

Good lord...you thought wrestling is taking a shit kicking

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

I'd really like to know this, because it will keep me from buying anything else and saving for once.

BIG DISSAPOINTMENT

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Then have Arianne Martell as the translite.

Perhaps Aurich could do an alt translite of the Knight of Flowers for anybody that swings that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The tv version of the Dragon hatching scene showed more skin than that. I'd be ok with tv art. All book art is just fan art.

#20 4 years ago

Tyrion LE version?
    Awesome!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

The tv version of the Dragon hatching scene showed more skin than that. I'd be ok with tv art. All book art is just fan art.

Exactly I don't want to read about the nudity and "love" scenes. I want to see that !!

#22 4 years ago

I'm think Game of Thrones is coming. And don't see how I can keep from buying one. Then getting all mad waiting on code. Oh well.

#23 4 years ago

Outlane drain = "Valar Morghulis"

"When you play a Game of Thrones you win or you die" - Cersei

#24 4 years ago

the Wall could be upper playfield with a gate that opens when you bash enough drop targets around it (wildlings, ice giants, ice mammoths).
    Pop bumper area could be the wooded area with the Others.
    Similar to LOTR, inner loops if any (hey it supposed to be SR pin, right), orbits, ramps or scoops could be collecting main characters and in some combination start their stories (modes).

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Don't worry, Stern got it DEAD wrong as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 13.00
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 20.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 10.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 21.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside