Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is Game of Thrones too bright?”

• Way too bright, it burns my eyes 20 votes
    40%
  • The lights constantly flashing doesn't bother me 30 votes
    60%

(50 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Didn't think about this until watching the stream with the new code. Not talking just about the GI and Flashers but the inserts seem to all flash every single time you do something rewarding on the game. Just wondering others thoughts on this. Reminds me of a strobe light. Was thinking of buying a premium someday but now I'm not so sure.

I thought my WOZ was a bit bright but I remember going into the settings and turning everything down, even the insert lights if I am remembering correctly.

#4 4 years ago

Yea, I am aware of that mode. Was watching the stream with my kid and we both thought that the insert flashing was just way too much, during any mode.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#26 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve had the premium for a few days. The light show is extremely intense compared to the pro. Very hard to see the ball. It turned all flashers and inserts to like 30% brightness and have the GI ad bright as it will go. It’s perfect now for me.

Thanks for all the responses. The only thing holding me back from this one was my concern over the lights, specifically the insert lighting because I feel like the GI and Flashers could be addressed but those insert lights looked nearly blinding. Would love to see a video of how yours looks now. Watching the JP stream tonight, now that will be a consideration also but over the past couple years I can't get GOT out of my mind. I guess I like castles and dragons better than dinosaurs and Nedry. Stern's new Jurassic Park looks like a lot of fun though, Pro and Premium look great.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Updating this after i played with new code (pro) and didn't feel it was brighter at all than normal.

The concern I had was with the Premium. I think the consensus was the Premium is brighter than the Pro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-game-of-thrones-too-bright?tu=pcprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.