Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).png
20220904_132934 (resized).jpg
20220904_132854 (resized).jpg
20220904_132915 (resized).jpg
20220904_132843 (resized).jpg
CA15F6A7-0547-4753-BBFE-5CF43DF9B680.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 1 year ago

It's really good but it has to be set up properly. That includes installing the Precision Pinball flippers and bushings. (<<<---not getting paid to say that...just installed mine and you can see my review here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/15#post-7119140)

It was honestly getting a little long in the tooth for me but now it shoots like it should have from the beginning with the new flippers installed. Not a good tournament game or on location due to the amount of tweaking and care, but a must have in cared for home environment. You have to be able to hear and see it.

I can understand not everyone liking it and I wouldn't recommend it it a one pin home or very small collection unless you are a die hard fan. I have a growing collection with 6 so far and it's a no brainer keeper

1 week later
#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man guys, I'm shocked. I think the game is terrific. The complaint about the multiballs, to me, tells me you're not understanding their true purpose. You're setting up eveey song woth lights/pyro/amps and crowd. Those multiballs prepare the show. I suppose you could make them single ball modes and accomplish the same thing? To me, its the best band pin ever.
The one thing i think most people can agree upon is the flippers are shit. Absolutely shit. But having owned most the jjp library at one point or another, you just know what you're getting when you buy jjp. Weak (and for me, hard to aim) flippers and a terrible excuse for slings.

Say goodbye to weak inaccurate flippers - Default settings on coils

As far as the slings, bump up the power, offset by a couple points to prevent sling ping pong

20220904_132843 (resized).jpg20220904_132843 (resized).jpg20220904_132854 (resized).jpg20220904_132854 (resized).jpg20220904_132915 (resized).jpg20220904_132915 (resized).jpg20220904_132934 (resized).jpg20220904_132934 (resized).jpg
#97 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any chance you could shoot a quick gameplay video with the new flippers? I'm intrigued but not sure I'm ready to make the switch yet without seeing or playing them first.

I'm on the road and will be back next week...I'll try to rig up something

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any chance you could shoot a quick gameplay video with the new flippers? I'm intrigued but not sure I'm ready to make the switch yet without seeing or playing them first.

Please excuse the vid. I don't have a rig so literally clamped my phone to the backbox and flipped and rotated the image in a video editor so the quality is a little lacking

Also, excuse the play style, I didn't dare nudge for fear of jostling the clamps free and the entire apparatus crashing down on the playfield glass.

Hope this give an idea of the flipper action

The coils are on default, but the flippers do also have the Pinmonk fans installed.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks for posting the flippers do look snappy.
However, my point is made clear when you stated turn it up mutiball at 34 seconds in and then 8 seconds later started throw the light multiball, that's 2 multi balls within 40 seconds of the plunge. And (to my eyes) they were totally inadvertent. The gameplay looks very hurly-burly meaning a lot of noise and lights and ball action but (to me) very hard to follow.

My strategy is to try and stack the Song value multiballs very quickly. The easiest shot is to get the Pyro target going to start that multi session, followed up with repeated shots to the upper deck to the lights target to get that multi going as well..The reason for that order is that the left ramp can be a brutal SDTM but with the pyro multi going, you can repeatedly blast away at the ramp in hopes of triggering the other one as well with minimal risk during the ballsave. The other 2 multis then come either by chance / shot placement or watching the rollovers.

It looks like flailing at times, but you have to abandon normal pin strategy and realize you are trying to load up your ammunition via multi's and spray and pray the targets down versus trap and shoot style of most other pins. Drains come hot and heavy but they are part of the strategy, sometimes even thinning out the heard through draining to clear the shot paths.

It is a welcome change to my other pins shot wise and strategy but I can totally understand why it would have a tough stay in a 1 pin lineup and see your point from casual observation. The subtle nuance of strategy only comes after many many games and breaking free of the typical pinball mindset. I really applaud them for what they tried to accomplish here but the code still needs improvement. and minor balancing

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Depends on the guy...

Truth

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks for the explanation. I've only played a few times on location and you can see my point when playing for no reason (to me) the multi ball starts and then another and so on. I understand there must be rules and qualifications for these multi balls but just imaging playing on location to check out the pin and the game just spams you with multi balls.

Yes, the PYRO target is basically hidden, so when you shoot that area, most of the time, you don't even know or can see what shot of the qualifier you're on. As well as the Lights target way in back up top. To someone walking up for the first time, since the shots aren't particularly difficult to make, you do hit those targets rather quickly and I can see how it would give the impression of spamming you with multiballs for little time spent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-g-n-r-a-good-game-or-not-?tu=fooflighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.