Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).png
20220904_132934 (resized).jpg
20220904_132854 (resized).jpg
20220904_132915 (resized).jpg
20220904_132843 (resized).jpg
CA15F6A7-0547-4753-BBFE-5CF43DF9B680.gif
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We can wait for CrazyLevi to chime in

Because I now live in a small town and don’t get to play Pinball like I did when I lived in Phoenix. I LOVR G n R and

Quoted from spspencer:

For those making an honest effort in answering the OP's question, I salute you.
For the sake of future posters, just know this entire thread is a troll.
The OP posted and bounced. Nothing in his owned/previous/wanted suggests he would be interested in GnR. He gave Iron Maiden a 1.0 review. Most of replies are from people who either haven't played, only played a game or two, or have never even seen the game. "It has concert versions of the songs," "the multi-balls are random."
Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with trolling. Just don't expect much truth in this thread.

This actually is not a troll thread. I’ve never bought a bib game bit would like to. I love GnR the band but all I hear is bad things about the game. I am nowhere near one to play it so yeah I was curious. I don’t care for Stern games but let’s just say I do think Iron Maiden is a very good game. I’ve had a chance to play Godzilla and really like that also. With what new games cost these days I don’t want to buy and regret. I’m sorry you think I’m a troll I’ve been collecting for almost 15 years and on pinside for 11. Carry on.

#152 1 year ago

If you like gnr the band, you would be a fool not to get this game!!!!

#153 1 year ago

For the current price of nice used LE's, I think it's a bargain for what you get. But it is a different type game, as people have mentioned here. I love GNR and have a subwoofer hooked to the game and have the music cranked. Sure it doesn't feel like other pins, but that's actually one of THE reasons I like it... It's different. Sure there are lots of multi balls, but if you take the time to dive deep into WHY you are getting those multi balls and really learn the machine (why wouldn't you at home?) it's fantastic.

Also, you have to realize that one of the reasons GNR is on the cheaper scale is because of the sheer numbers of machines JJP produced... with one title release a year their production focuses on one title and they pump them out. For the first 6-8 months the game was available, people could flip them at a $1K-$2K profit until production caught up. So the whole theory that the "prices are lower because it's a bad game" is not all what it appears to be IMO.

And to round everything out, go play one where you can hear the sound and enjoy the game w/o distraction... then make a decision.

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

For the current price of nice used LE's, I think it's a bargain for what you get. But it is a different type game, as people have mentioned here. I love GNR and have a subwoofer hooked to the game and have the music cranked. Sure it doesn't feel like other pins, but that's actually one of THE reasons I like it... It's different. Sure there are lots of multi balls, but if you take the time to dive deep into WHY you are getting those multi balls and really learn the machine (why wouldn't you at home?) it's fantastic.
Also, you have to realize that one of the reasons GNR is on the cheaper scale is because of the sheer numbers of machines JJP produced... with one title release a year their production focuses on one title and they pump them out. For the first 6-8 months the game was available, people could flip them at a $1K-$2K profit until production caught up. So the whole theory that the "prices are lower because it's a bad game" is not all what it appears to be IMO.
And to round everything out, go play one where you can hear the sound and enjoy the game w/o distraction... then make a decision.

Exactly.

#155 1 year ago

I've enjoyed it every time I played it, but it's a band I actively disliked when I was younger, didn't just not care for them. So I wouldn't consider it just based on that.

Anyways Pinball is a personal choice, no one can tell you what you will like the best. Just play the hell out of the machine before buying it, minimum 20 plays. I definitely haven't played gnr enough to say why it could be easy/bad/or just plain terrific.

#156 1 year ago

Traded my very nice GnR LE for a similarly nice Beatles.

Very different games of course, and no regrets as I'm enjoying playing Beatles more.

#157 1 year ago

I recently/sadly sold my GNR CE. i really treid to love it and keep it, but it wasnt my cup of tea. Seeing skeletons doing it doggy style made me nauseated too.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I recently/sadly sold my GNR CE. i really treid to love it and keep it, but it wasnt my cup of tea. Seeing skeletons doing it doggy style made me nauseated too.

That's a setting. It's been off on my pin since day 1 because I agree. I only have the adult songs enabled in adult settings. Both animations and call outs are set to no and disabled.

Hope that wasn't the deciding factor for why you got rid of it.

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's a setting. It's been off on my pin since day 1 because I agree. I only have the adult songs enabled in adult settings. Both animations and call outs are set to no and disabled.
Hope that wasn't the deciding factor for why you got rid of it.

No it wasnt the only reason, I also hated that sound effect at the end of a game/ ball . There was something about it that drove me nuts .. like a short music clip that was annoying

#160 1 year ago

Exactly Exactly

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Traded my very nice GnR LE for a similarly nice Beatles.
Very different games of course, and no regrets as I'm enjoying playing Beatles more.

I've owned both. The two games are not just different, they are polar opposites.

Beatles looks bad, but is really great the more you play it.

GnR looks great, but is really bad the more you play it.

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the Data East GNR is awesome.

Another vote for the original DE pin as I like the way it plays better. Now if JJP woulda re-popped BTTF--that might be another story.

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I've owned both. The two games are not just different, they are polar opposites.

I don't think Beatles looks bad - especially with misc upgrades including a topper, but I do think that GnR LE (with its concert poster artwork) is an absolutely beautiful game! It's also WAY deeper in code, videos, music, and light shows, but I guess the primary factors that make Beatles more enjoyable overall for me to play is that it's a LOT more fun to shoot and not constantly disrupted with chaotic multiball modes like GnR.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Virtual downvote 4u

I don't think Beatles looks bad - especially with misc upgrades including a topper, but I do think that GnR LE (with its concert poster artwork) is an absolutely beautiful game! It's also WAY deeper in code, videos, music, and light shows, but I guess the primary factors that make Beatles more enjoyable overall for me to play is that it's a LOT more fun to shoot and not constantly disrupted with chaotic multiball modes like GnR.

And you get the broken record that says there settings for that too... All documented ad nauseam in the owner thread.. you can change to customize the game and reduce those if you choose... Or you found the other "fix" all on your own...just sell it to someone else.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

... And you get the broken record that says there settings for that too... All documented ad nauseam in the owner thread.. you can change to customize the game and reduce those if you choose... Or you found the other "fix" all on your own...just sell it to someone else.

Yep - made recommended setting adjustments, but still wasn't fun enough for me to keep.

Playfield layout and (newer) GnR music were also contributing factors to my opinion.

#166 1 year ago

Yep - made recommended setting adjustments, but still wasn't fun enough for me to keep.
Playfield layout and (newer) GnR music were also contributing factors to my opinion.

Totally get it from your perspective.
How's Rush?

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

... How's Rush?

I like Rush a lot - it's a fun game!

Shoots well, great code, great light show (like GnR) w/ "Expression Lighting", and ... I like the music.

1 week later
#168 1 year ago

If you want an "experience," the Hobbit is a way better choice. It's wide, wide open, a slow roller with probably the best theme integration in pinball. Just don't play it with friends. They might die waiting.

#169 1 year ago

I like Rush a lot - it's a fun game!
Shoots well, great code, great light show (like GnR) w/ "Expression Lighting", and ... I like the music.

Ok you've convinced me. I'll add the expression lights when they, if they, come out.

Screenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-g-n-r-a-good-game-or-not-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.