Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).png
20220904_132934 (resized).jpg
20220904_132854 (resized).jpg
20220904_132915 (resized).jpg
20220904_132843 (resized).jpg
CA15F6A7-0547-4753-BBFE-5CF43DF9B680.gif

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from FigmentofJay:

I have to agree. I frequently play GnR and DI at the same location and the GnR issues are much worse. I played a GnR on a store showroom and couldn't shoot up the left ramp if my life depended on it.

The left ramp is the easiest shot in the game. I had my power set to the point where sometimes it went up so fast it could fly OFF the ramp. That's a busted game you played.

But no matter, many of you made up your mind. I'm actually surprised how polarizong the game is. I thought I'd hate the game and love it. I see many that thought they'd love the game and hate it. My stance for Dialed In was the same. I love that game and many people could NOT stop shitting on it. Luckily I like what I like and don't care if someone else doesn't. To put this in the same camp as Halloween is just shock value, I think.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The left ramp is the easiest shot in the game. I had my power set to the point where sometimes it went up so fast it could fly OFF the ramp. That's a busted game you played.
But no matter, many of you made up your mind. I'm actually surprised how polarizong the game is. I thought I'd hate the game and love it. I see many that thought they'd love the game and hate it. My stance for Dialed In was the same. I love that game and many people could NOT stop shitting on it. Luckily I like what I like and don't care if someone else doesn't. To put this in the same camp as Halloween is just shock value, I think.

Agreed, Halloween is way better!

#103 1 year ago

Stick too the Data East GNR way way better and lots of power for the flippers plus it will last 60 years and still going not like the new games now

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

We just got ours last week and it's a blast! Best light show I've ever seen in a pin, it's like being at a concert. It's also has one of the best looking cab/playfields that I've seen and sounds great. I highly suggest the full stage/drum upgrade kit from Sven its_really to fill in the gaps that JJP left. I've got a June 2022 build and none of the playfield issues that have been out there so far.
Gameplay is fun, some of the multiballs during songs are ridiculous though. It's the only game I've ever played that I'll let out an "ah crap!" when I hear "Add a Ball" during a 5 ball song (something I'll look to adjust in the menu if I can). A nice two ball multi would suffice for most songs.
Overall, it's a true experience that's been a really fun ride so far. I'm still clearly in the honeymoon phase, once I tinker with some modes, I think it'll be even better

this guy has it right. I agree. I've had mine for more than a year, and it gets played as much or more than my other games (wonka, imdn, rush pro, rbion, RS). The game is a masterpiece, especially if you love heavy metal music. It's not as fast as iron maiden or Rush, but it's very engaging. If you like JJP games, you'll like this one.

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Really man are you serious?

#106 1 year ago

I finally got to flip one for the first time this weekend. I played it right after putting a few games on a TMNT and wow, it flips a whole lot different, to the point I thought the flippers may actually be broken.

I haven't played a JJP game for a while and it was quite a shock actually. However, once I accepted that this is how the game plays and feels, then I was able to have some good fun on it. The lighting in the songs is flat out awesome. The multi balls were a challenge for playing out in the wild. And the screen and effects were top notch.

The only real answer is to play one yourself. Before playing it, I thought people preferring a Led Zeppelin Pro to one was laughable. Now, I understand, it's floaty and mushy and takes some time to get used compared to the snap, power, and intent of a Stern.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Really man are you serious?

Don't like Halloween much but yes i am serious, and don't call me Really man!

#108 1 year ago

For those making an honest effort in answering the OP's question, I salute you.

For the sake of future posters, just know this entire thread is a troll.

The OP posted and bounced. Nothing in his owned/previous/wanted suggests he would be interested in GnR. He gave Iron Maiden a 1.0 review. Most of replies are from people who either haven't played, only played a game or two, or have never even seen the game. "It has concert versions of the songs," "the multi-balls are random."

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with trolling. Just don't expect much truth in this thread.

#109 1 year ago

Troll thread or not, I figure "a pin should be experienced not just described in words". With that in mind, I made a quick video of my JJP. I'm not a great player, this video doesn't show major skills and isn't intended to show anyone how to play.

If nothing else

1. It shows the actual game (with nothing pre-planned or multiple takes)
2. IMHO it shows the flippers are just fine (factory defaults, I don't understand the complaints)
3. It only shows the playfield, nothing from the 27" display (which is impressive in itself)
4. I do wish a more "rocking" song was selected rather than a ballad.
5. You do get so see "Shall We Play a Game" / POPR
6. And some Power Chord bonuses.

Hopefully YouTube shows it in 4k/60, but you never know.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

This is so offensively incorrect I can hardly reply. What a mega turd that turned out to be.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This is so offensively incorrect I can hardly reply. What a mega turd that turned out to be.

Halloween is way better than GNR. Shoots so much better. Theme is better. Doesn't have a ton of pointless multiball or overly complicated rules. It's a masterpiece.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Troll thread or not, I figure "a pin should be experienced not just described in words". With that in mind, I made a quick video of my JJP. I'm not a great player, this video doesn't show major skills and isn't intended to show anyone how to play.
If nothing else
1. It shows the actual game (with nothing pre-planned or multiple takes)
2. IMHO it shows the flippers are just fine (factory defaults, I don't understand the complaints)
3. It only shows the playfield, nothing from the 27" display (which is impressive in itself)
4. I do wish a more "rocking" song was selected rather than a ballad.
5. You do get so see "Shall We Play a Game" / POPR
6. And some Power Chord bonuses.
Hopefully YouTube shows it in 4k/60, but you never know.

(edit: YouTube seems to be stuck making the HD and 4k versions available)

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but that gameplay is completely muddle of 'everything is lit' it's the essence of a bad game (at least to me).

I can understand if you own the game maybe you can decipher what to shoot? Or is truly shot everything? But to be clear when I walk up to that on location and see everything is lit "I'm out"

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but that gameplay is completely muddle of 'everything is lit' it's the essence of a bad game (at least to me).
I can understand if you own the game maybe you can decipher what to shoot? Or is truly shot everything? But to be clear when I walk up to that on location and see everything is lit "I'm out"

Yeah, I can see that being a valid criticism. I’ve played on multiple different locations, and I also have one at home. Nearly every day I play, I learn something new. My appreciation only grows. If I hadn’t spent time with it and set it up nicely, and if I wasn’t a fan of the band, I could see shitting on it. But for me and my play style, there is no better machine.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from spspencer:

Yeah, I can see that being a valid criticism. I’ve played on multiple different locations, and I also have one at home. Nearly every day I play, I learn something new. My appreciation only grows. If I hadn’t spent time with it and set it up nicely, and if I wasn’t a fan of the band, I could see shitting on it. But for me and my play style, there is no better machine.

I'm sure it's better than what people think (I've grown more fond of games once owned). That's a double edge sword since I get to love the games I own, it's super hard for me to get rid of my current games (games I love) so maybe I don't get as much experience on games that I don't love as much.

I would love to temporary trade for GnR more than actually buy one. I guess that's semantics but just don't love the game enough to buy one and never really tempted from my limited experience on location. I'm sure it's better in home environment.

#115 1 year ago

I saw a GnR LE for sale in my area for $9250 which seems like a good deal, but is the same price as CCr LE+ (I have on order) so debate for me same price for a classic (older pin) or the newer JJP. Not saying I would not like GnR but might rather have CCr with more traditional rules.

#116 1 year ago

Garbage shooter

#117 1 year ago

The problem of this pin it's the pin was made by JJP if the pin would have been made by Stern will be in the top of the ranking.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Halloween is way better than GNR. Shoots so much better. Theme is better. Doesn't have a ton of pointless multiball or overly complicated rules. It's a masterpiece.

Lol

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I saw a GnR LE for sale in my area for $9250 which seems like a good deal, but is the same price as CCr LE+ (I have on order) so debate for me same price for a classic (older pin) or the newer JJP. Not saying I would not like GnR but might rather have CCr with more traditional rules.

Too easy no depth on CCr

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:This is a game you need to play before you buy, clearly.

This. I went to play it for a few hours to get a feel with every intention of this being my new pin. The short plunge and clunky shots killed it for me almost immediately. Really wanted to love this, but just didn't click for me. It's gorgeous though!

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yeah, I can see your point. I really wanted to like this game, GNR is up there with KISS for me in having great music to play to, but the fact that the flipper was way underpowered on a machine pretty fresh out of the box, and another one I played would pop the ball out of the scoop straight down the middle really just drug my opinion of it down.

With that said, I love Dialed In, and since I played it after GNR really lifted my opinion of JJP back up, I would say that I actually like it a little better than Wonka. Easier flow I would say.

#122 1 year ago

Cons:
Game needs a pretty good code make-over to balance the scoring....especially the album modes.
Out of the box, it needs coil adjustments which is usually over-looked.

Pros:
One of the best use of assets ever in a pinball game.
Best light show in pinball IMHO.
Beautiful game, even turned off.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Cons:
Game needs a pretty good code make-over to balance the scoring....especially the album modes.
Pros:

It is pretty, I’ll give it that.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Cons:
Pros:

See Eskaybee game adjustments. Agree with coil adjustments.

Putting the precision flippers in this weekend.

100% agree with the pros you listed.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any chance you could shoot a quick gameplay video with the new flippers? I'm intrigued but not sure I'm ready to make the switch yet without seeing or playing them first.

Please excuse the vid. I don't have a rig so literally clamped my phone to the backbox and flipped and rotated the image in a video editor so the quality is a little lacking

Also, excuse the play style, I didn't dare nudge for fear of jostling the clamps free and the entire apparatus crashing down on the playfield glass.

Hope this give an idea of the flipper action

The coils are on default, but the flippers do also have the Pinmonk fans installed.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Please excuse the vid. I don't have a rig so literally clamped my phone to the backbox and flipped and rotated the image in a video editor so the quality is a little lacking
Also, excuse the play style, I didn't dare nudge for fear of jostling the clamps free and the entire apparatus crashing down on the playfield glass.
The coils are on default, but the flippers do also have the Pinmonk fans installed.

Thanks for posting the flippers do look snappy.

However, my point is made clear when you stated turn it up mutiball at 34 seconds in and then 8 seconds later started throw the light multiball, that's 2 multi balls within 40 seconds of the plunge. And they appear to me to be almost inadvertent. The gameplay looks very hurly-burly meaning a lot of noise and lights and ball action but (to me) very hard to follow.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks for posting the flippers do look snappy.
However, my point is made clear when you stated turn it up mutiball at 34 seconds in and then 8 seconds later started throw the light multiball, that's 2 multi balls within 40 seconds of the plunge. And (to my eyes) they were totally inadvertent. The gameplay looks very hurly-burly meaning a lot of noise and lights and ball action but (to me) very hard to follow.

My strategy is to try and stack the Song value multiballs very quickly. The easiest shot is to get the Pyro target going to start that multi session, followed up with repeated shots to the upper deck to the lights target to get that multi going as well..The reason for that order is that the left ramp can be a brutal SDTM but with the pyro multi going, you can repeatedly blast away at the ramp in hopes of triggering the other one as well with minimal risk during the ballsave. The other 2 multis then come either by chance / shot placement or watching the rollovers.

It looks like flailing at times, but you have to abandon normal pin strategy and realize you are trying to load up your ammunition via multi's and spray and pray the targets down versus trap and shoot style of most other pins. Drains come hot and heavy but they are part of the strategy, sometimes even thinning out the heard through draining to clear the shot paths.

It is a welcome change to my other pins shot wise and strategy but I can totally understand why it would have a tough stay in a 1 pin lineup and see your point from casual observation. The subtle nuance of strategy only comes after many many games and breaking free of the typical pinball mindset. I really applaud them for what they tried to accomplish here but the code still needs improvement. and minor balancing

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

My strategy is to try and stack the Song value multiballs very quickly. The easiest shot is to get the Pyro target going to start that multi session, followed up with repeated shots to the upper deck to the lights target to get that multi going as well..The reason for that order is that the left ramp can be a brutal SDTM but with the pyro multi going, you can repeatedly blast away at the ramp in hopes of triggering the other one as well with minimal risk during the ballsave. The other 2 multis then come either by chance / shot placement or watching the rollovers.
It looks like flailing at times, but you have to abandon normal pin strategy and realize you are trying to load up your ammunition via multi's and spray and pray the targets down versus trap and shoot style of most other pins. Drains come hot and heavy but they are part of the strategy, sometimes even thinning out the heard through draining to clear the shot paths.
It is a welcome change to my other pins shot wise and strategy but I can totally understand why it would have a tough stay in a 1 pin lineup and see your point from casual observation. The subtle nuance of strategy only comes after many many games and breaking free of the typical pinball mindset. I really applaud them for what they tried to accomplish here but the code still needs improvement. and minor balancing

Thanks for the explanation. I've only played a few times on location and you can see my point when playing for no reason (to me) the multi ball starts and then another and so on. I understand there must be rules and qualifications for these multi balls but just imaging playing on location to check out the pin and the game just spams you with multi balls.

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for and it does look like they improved the snappiness of the flippers. Looks like I'm going to have to invest in a set for my GNR.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I can totally understand why it would have a tough stay in a 1 pin lineup

Depends on the guy...

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Depends on the guy...

Truth

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks for the explanation. I've only played a few times on location and you can see my point when playing for no reason (to me) the multi ball starts and then another and so on. I understand there must be rules and qualifications for these multi balls but just imaging playing on location to check out the pin and the game just spams you with multi balls.

Yes, the PYRO target is basically hidden, so when you shoot that area, most of the time, you don't even know or can see what shot of the qualifier you're on. As well as the Lights target way in back up top. To someone walking up for the first time, since the shots aren't particularly difficult to make, you do hit those targets rather quickly and I can see how it would give the impression of spamming you with multiballs for little time spent.

#133 1 year ago

I think it's less a great game than a great experience, but it's an experience you can have enough times and not need to come back to, where a great game will keep you coming back

I owned an LE for a bit.

#134 1 year ago

Every JJP game I have played, the flippers feel like a mushy powerless mess. GnR looks fantastic but as a shooter it leaves much to be desired IMO. I have never owned a JJP game and probably never will unless it’s a theme I really like. Hobbit was the only theme I actually considered. JJP, you really need to up your game because $12K shitty TS4 are not gonna keep you thriving in this industry.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Every JJP game I have played, the flippers feel like a mushy powerless mess. GnR looks fantastic but as a shooter it leaves much to be desired IMO. I have never owned a JJP game and probably never will unless it’s a theme I really like. Hobbit was the only theme I actually considered. JJP, you really need to up your game because $12K shitty TS4 are not gonna keep you thriving in this industry.

Game of the mutha fuckin year man

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Every JJP game I have played, the flippers feel like a mushy powerless mess. ...

I see this opinion expressed in numerous posts/threads, and just want to state (FWIW) that I strongly disagree with this as an accurate overall assessment of the quality of JJP game flippers. I have owned five JJP games, many Sterns, and various games by other manufacturers (Bally/Williams, Spooky, American, Dutch, and Gottlieb) and while the feel of JJP's flippers isn't my #1 favorite, i think they're fine overall. The flipper power levels on all JJP games are easily adjustable, as desired, via their extensive game menus.

I suspect some anti-JJP flipper opinions are based on having only played one on route or at a show (some of which are known to consistently have low electric power level issues). JJP games, more so than other brands, are widely recognized in the hobby as typically being much more enjoyable in home environments where they can be set up properly and adjusted per an owner's personal preferences. I have found this to be the case with EVERY JJP game that I've owned as I've played them all on route as well.

I ended up selling my GnR because of various factors that I've already posted about. The feel/power of the flippers was not one of them.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I see this opinion expressed in numerous posts/threads, and just want to state (FWIW) that I strongly disagree with this as an accurate overall assessment of the quality of JJP game flippers. I have owned five JJP games, many Sterns, and various games by other manufacturers (Bally/Williams, Spooky, American, Dutch, and Gottlieb) and while the feel of JJP's flippers isn't my #1 favorite, i think they're fine overall. The flipper power levels on all JJP games are easily adjustable, as desired, via their extensive game menus.

I suspect some anti-JJP flipper opinions are based on having only played one on route or at a show (some of which are known to consistently have low electric power level issues). JJP games, more so than other brands, are widely recognized in the hobby as typically being much more enjoyable in home environments where they can be set up properly and adjusted per an owner's personal preferences. I have found this to be the case with EVERY JJP game that I've owned as I've played them all on route as well.

I ended up selling my GnR because of various factors that I've already posted about. The feel/power of the flippers was not one of them.

I can turn the flipper power up on Pirates to the point where the ball is flying off the ramps and cracking into the glass off of the standup targets. I think a lot of this sentiment comes from overheated coils on location and show games. The overheating is a problem in these environments, but it's not usually an issue for a home game. I don't think JJPs flippers feel especially snappy, but they never stood out to me as gawd awful either and I never even thought about it until it kept getting brought up here. Then again, I frequently play games from different manufacturers and eras, so I don't have a rigid expectation for how a flipper should feel.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

JJP games, more so than other brands, are widely recognized in the hobby as typically being much more enjoyable in home environments where they can be set up properly and adjusted per an owner's personal preferences.

This leads to the question: what is JJP doing differently that their games don’t shine on route or at shows? Do they consistently ship with bad default settings or poorly adjusted components? Are they uniquely susceptible to power fluctuations? Do they feature complex rulesets that are especially hard to learn in a loud arcade?

#139 1 year ago

The game falls flat because of the endless multi ball

#140 1 year ago

Multiballs are the death of a game? Drama queen statement. Just adjust the settings to suit, there's a whole experience waiting that seems to be missing and eluding by making blanket statements like that.

What are they (jjp)doing differently?
Maybe they just choose to follow the money and their target buyer? huo.

I don't think sterns any different as Rush probably would not be any different on location because they appear to be on the same trajectory as jjp. I doubt that Rush will be any more or less successful on location than gnr. Owners thread feels like stems version of gnr. Looks like a great game with the shots, plenty of multiballs and deeper rules, objectives, etc. A huo targeted release. That's my impression anyway. I want one.

Maybe GZ the same? Dunno.

I wouldn't ever consider buying a huo pin that I could master and solve in 6 months to a year... Doesn't mean they aren't fun to play but like the DE gnr it's fun but from a nostalgic perspective but just not a great investment unless you're just more a collector.

With the games like jjp gnr and it's rules, strategy variety, so much to learn, this means no one new to the pin on location likely gets any more than multiballs and lights playing a few games and walking away with nothing but visuals, so that's their assessment. Yeah it's Fun while drinking beer with your buddies for an evening but you don't ever get to know the game in that setting instead just form a shallow opinion.. Probably don't care either and probably not a customer anyway, but still leave with an "expert" opinion.

Nashville has two locations that I know of with gnr and one is a distro, and the times I've been there nobody is really playing it. Same with most all the jjp games there ... Yeah a rare person plugs in 2 dollars as the overwhelmed look forms on their face staring at the playfield and awkwardly drains 3 within a few minutes and walks off. I assume because it's just too complicated to keep playing. They didn't care to play enough to gleen any basics besides hit the ball with the flipper and drain, and definitely not enough to have an opinion on whether it's even fun or not. The old school, less busy, simpler to understand pins all get played regularly from what I can tell. Yes they are half the play price so there's that..

Anyway, I like that the manufacturers seem to be building for huo and not restricting themselves for the on location party crowd which is really just adapting to change and progress because I think it allows the focus to be skies as the limits for the games that will continue to appeal to the home baller, collector and I think that's surely where the money is.

I don't know why I posted all this honestly. It was originally a quick thought with a few sentences then a few more and a few more... The end.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Multiballs are the death of a game? Drama queen statement. Just adjust the settings to suit, there's a whole experience waiting that seems to be missing and eluding by making blanket statements like that..

No one is saying they don't like multi balls, we all like multi balls. However we might not like cheap multi balls or endless multi balls.

I have DI and to get to one MB you have to lock a ball. To get that again you have to lock 2 balls then 3 balls etc.. Another DI MB you have to start BOB three times another DI MB you have to complete 4 different objectives (QED, Spiders, Drones, and Ramps) that one I have only started a handful of times. It's not like GNR where there are at least 4 MB that are just switch or target hits so they just pop in easily and (IMO) with everything flashing adds to the confusion.

I see a video above where there is one MB started in 30 seconds and then another is added on top of that MB just 10 seconds later. I was watching a tutorial where the player on GnR sets ups all the MB and the song MBs so that he's always in MB or maybe one shot away from MB and then he can add time or add balls whenever he's getting low on balls in play. I am not saying it's an easy game (not saying that at all) and I understand there is a method to playing and getting MB as needed, it's just a different game than 'normal pinball' where MB is not sprayed across the game from start to finish.

Don't say people don't like multi balls because no-one is saying that, just don't like greater than 50% of the game being in MB play.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I understand there is a method to playing and getting MB as needed, it's just a different game than 'normal pinball' where MB is not sprayed across the game from start to finish.

This statement is at the core of it and what most resonated with me. I particularly liked the comparison to gnr not being "normal pinball" ... gnr never wanted to be normal so that's quite a compliment.

As you described the MB rules in DI that you like and apparently fit the theme, likewise I think the gnr MB implementation and rules reflect and fit the craziness and chaos of the band theme as well.

#143 1 year ago

I’ve played G n’R multiple times on location as there are several on public display around London.

First time I played it, I walked off on the second ball. I had no idea what was going on and the inserts were worse than useless. I think I rated it ‘3’ on Pinside - i.e. total cr*p.

The next time I went to the same pinball club, the owner of the G n’R had read my discussion on PinballInfo/rating on Pinside and had printed out (and laminated) a rule sheet. It was incredibly kind of him and he was also kind enough to teach me the rules. I played several times. The inserts were still useless (they just flash constantly, so it’s hard to work out the gameplay state), but I kept cradling the ball and looking at the screen to work out what to do. At this point, I felt it was a better pin than all that so I increased the rating to about 6.

I’ve carried on playing it when I see it on location, as I do now know the rules, and my view is that it’s amazing if you’re a Guns and Roses fan. If you’re not one, and you value gameplay over light shows, then it’s an above average pin, but not an exceptional one. It’s not bad, obviously, but it is a standard ‘shoot several shots to qualify a mode, etc. etc.’ pin with a lot of multiballs and no real surprises. Gameplay-wise, it’s competing with many other mode-based pins from a multitude of eras as far back as The Addams Family, and it’s not really terribly exceptional among that group.

So, if you like the lights/band/lots of multiball, I’d definitely consider it. If you just want great mode-based gameplay, there are cheaper and likely better options.

#144 1 year ago

Need to start a drinking game…take a drink every time a GnR owner mentions “experience”.

#145 1 year ago

I think it's a valid question, some love GnR others dislike it.

I am going to play it again (as well as CCr) to see which I prefer.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

The game falls flat because of the endless multi ball

To start with, ^^^this^^^.
Try this: Take a non-pinhead and go play this, 99% chance he'll get a multi within the first minute or so. Watch them-they'll have NO idea what is going on. It's just too busy.

#147 1 year ago

If JJP Eric is reading this, please can we have a code update to sort the multi-ball mayhem.
I have an LE, beautiful game but this part needs sorted.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

To start with, ^^^this^^^.
Try this: Take a non-pinhead and go play this, 99% chance he'll get a multi within the first minute or so. Watch them-they'll have NO idea what is going on. It's just too busy.

Not this game's customer.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

am going to play it again (as well as CCr) to see which I prefer.

Be careful. I was originally sucked in and dazzled by the technology at first.

I didn't fully appreciate how unfun the game was until after owning it for a few months.

It needs a massive code update.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Of all the people I know that bought one, only one has it still.
He was a later run owner, hasn't had it long.

…..and still have it (if you’re referring to me . Hard to believe we’ve had it for over a year now - time flies when you’re having fun, and it’s still a lot of fun for us. It gets a lot of play with family and friends, as it’s just a different experience (sorry, just calling it what it is) in a larger collection. I can see it resonating with more people in a home environment vs on location. The game looking like a work of art is just a bonus imo.

That’s the beauty of pinball - different strokes - lot’s to choose from .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-g-n-r-a-good-game-or-not-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.