Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by burningman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“In a 5 pin collection along the side fairly deep games would Funhouse be a keeper?”

• Yes 104 votes
    78%
  • No 30 votes
    22%

(134 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rudy eyes closed.jpg
shapeimage_1.png
Unknown.jpeg
DSCN2805.JPG
saup.jpg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

PL's best IMO - classic layout with good shots, some difficult (like through the pops from the left flipper, and multiple loops off the upper flipper). I have deeper games, but depth is not always needed for a truly satisfying game like FH.

Had mine well over ten years, and still love to make that most satisfying shot in pinball - in the trapdoor during multiball to make Rudy SCREAM!! That scream makes up for all his creepy antics leading up to that point.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The newer/deeper games also seem like a better fit for console video game players, with the feel of "beating" a game by getting to the end.

We must introduce them to the harder modes, and call them "boss levels".

"2 beer boss battle".
"Long Island Ice Tea Super Boss Battle"
"Dad's Whiskey Bottle Final Boss Battle"

1 week later
#103 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

but most newer Sterns are better.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

That looks awesome! Do you have that installed in your game?

Thanks...yes he is installed....

#105 4 years ago

Who in their right mind would NOT want the disembodied head of a vetriloquist's doll come to life in their home?

Don C.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Funhouse is awesome all around - best of the Solid States.
IMO a good number of "newbie" pinball fans are enamored with the deep rule sets (which can be awesome) - but they don't see the fun in a simpler game. LOL - Funhouse is deeper than most of the games that preceded it. It's just a matter of perspective and opinion. So for them, the only keepers tend toward newer, deeper games.
The newer/deeper games also seem like a better fit for console video game players, with the feel of "beating" a game by getting to the end. IMO pinball is better enjoyed for competing and score versus "beating" the game. I still like wizard modes, but my goal isn't to "beat" the game and move on. That mindset seems lacking for how I enjoy pinball. But to each his own

Long rulesets are great if you are good enough to get anywhere in them. I suck no matter how much I play. I go to there and back again in LOTR and I have not gotten past the first level in WOZ. The only games I have finished is MB, AFM, CV and WH20.

#107 4 years ago

I met a guy once that told me "Funhouse was the start of cluttering the playfield with stupid plastic and ruined pinball"

I instantly knew to never talk to him again.

Wanted a Funhouse badly but the prices kept going up beyond what I wanted to spend. Found a Roadshow, got my talking plastic head and Lawlor fix....still want a funhouse.

#108 4 years ago

Can't go wrong with Funhouse. One of the top 10 System 11s, in my opinion.

Not a deep game but perfect for any age group.

Just good ol' fashioned pinball family fun, back before it took months or years to beat a pinball game.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I met a guy once that told me "Funhouse was the start of cluttering the playfield with stupid plastic and ruined pinball"
I instantly knew to never talk to him again..

Probably the same guy who was pissed when they "screwed-up" pinball with those silly flippers!

#110 4 years ago

I regret selling my funhouse.

I was actually thinking of finding another one, but at this point, I kind of want to see what JJP #3 is. I have this fantasy that he's going to do some sort of "homage" to FunHouse!

Cant imagine how cool a "FunHouse 2" would be on the modern platform like JJP!!!

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Can't go wrong with Funhouse. One of the top 10 System 11s, in my opinion.

It's not system 11 (or A, or B or C), it's WPC.

#112 4 years ago

There's actually plenty to do with the right flipper.

Shoot the mirror.

Shoot the left loop - always my strategy when the game starts so I can advance the clock.

Trap ball during MBs.

Drop catch when coming out of the hole.

That's enough for me. About the same number of things to do as the left flipper.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

It's not system 11 (or A, or B or C), it's WPC.

Thanks for the correction.

The WPC Alpha Numerics look just like the System 11Bs & Cs.

#114 4 years ago

I agree that it's one of the best games ever made - want to own one at some point.

#115 4 years ago

I love mine so much it will be for sale soon......

cause' I just found a Sample!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside