New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 274902)

Is Free Play Florida still a go?

By Classics_Master

73 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 73 days ago

Just curious if Free Play Florida is still scheduled? Sure hope at least one show is still happening this year, always enjoy Tourney there, great mix of games in main and classics

#2 73 days ago

I agree it is a well run all around awesome show and last leg of the pro tour each year. If you check the FPF web site, you will see all the links on the page say "2019 guests", "2019 tourney", "2019 hotel". Pretty sure it's no joy for November 2020.

#3 73 days ago

The Amusement Industry show is going on this year in Orlando barring any last minute happenings that is right next to FPF. So they might be some slim hope. I would bet against FPF happening though due to the nature of closeness at such an event.

#4 72 days ago

I would say the chances are very slim at this point. Just waiting for the various shoes to drop. Once IAPPA is cancelled, I expect FPF to be cancelled too. Also, kind of related is the IFPA World Championship the following weekend in Ft Myers. I suspect that might be cancelled based on the international travel involved.

#5 72 days ago

Why would anyone risk a public gathering? Unless you've already had COVID.
    I haven't; any honestly, 2021 TPF in March is still questionable for me.
    All depends on what happens with those vaccines.
    November HAAG20 hasn't been discussed... but I'm guessing they aren't moving forward either.
    Even if they offer; I'll have to decline because November is way too early for any meaningful progress.

So; FPF should be cancelled IMHO - if the kiddos can't school... the kool kids shouldn't be gathering either.

#6 72 days ago

I agree, I would wear a mask at all times and social distance the best as possible. I just miss the tourney, I wouldn’t even go to the large free play area. When you think about it, these tourney rooms are usually separate from the main halls and never get the large crowds. That’s what’s ironic, I recall at shows in the past thinking I wish more people knew about the tourneys as they were so far away and isolated from the main shows, now it would be perfect!

#7 72 days ago

It seems doubtful.

I haven’t missed a year and usually by now I would have made room reservations and work scheduling arrangements. I haven’t even considered going, and I am local so to speak. I can’t imagine those who have to make more involved travel plans figuring it out.

Unless something miraculous happens in the next couple months, even if they hold the show with mask requirements, social distancing and sanitizing protocols, I personally would have to pass.

It’s a shame. It’s one of my favorite events. Definitely miss my friends and playing competitive pinball.

#8 72 days ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

I agree it is a well run all around awesome show and last leg of the pro tour each year.

And of course, basically there has been no tour at all in 2020.

#9 72 days ago

I guess we’ll have to wait and see, just wished they’d canceled these events instead of keeping us hanging on thinking they’re going to happen

#10 72 days ago
    Quoted from Classics_Master:

I guess we’ll have to wait and see, just wished they’d canceled these events instead of keeping us hanging on thinking they’re going to happen

I think most people are smart enough to know that any large events requiring travel (not involving motorcycles) will be canceled this year.

FOr these events, there's often a legit reason they haven't announced yet; they risk losing money if they cancel prematurely, and need to wait till closer due to their contracts. Nobody is stringing you along on purpose or just to F with you.

Just accept that 2020 is toast and hope we can get it together sometime in 2021. I'm resigned to Magfest 2021 not happening in January, sucks as it's one of my favorite events on the circuit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 234.99
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 19.00
    $ 229.99
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 0.10
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 45.00
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Habos Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside