1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 462 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

45DD7F2E-3C88-4DDB-8416-396D7AC868D7 (resized).jpeg
    6B2C5773-99C3-49F6-BB18-D987C741A006.jpeg
    giphy (5) (resized).png
    Franch.png
    5de8a12df980c086fdcc9588a027a34b (resized).png
    43BA33CC-D487-4E5F-934C-9FECCE409414 (resized).jpeg
    6F5D0CAF-4A4E-4610-97F7-A6304DB32357 (resized).jpeg
    03B14C00-02EB-4C6E-8323-B783486A6949 (resized).jpeg
    d5848f34373491_5605fb1a89eea.png
    D86D9AD2-31D1-49FA-BDF4-42E403ABD57F (resized).jpeg
    11966836_900x1200 (resized).jpg
    both.gif
    fridge (resized).jpeg
    CD3B267A-5A2D-4AA6-BD79-7046A20D2EEC (resized).jpeg
    wwcf (resized).jpg
    3B25BF60-47EF-4A65-AB6A-2D2FBD18C109.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #174 From the man himself. Slap Save Podcast will be a must listen. Posted by Metaluna5 (1 year ago)

Post #234 Podcast link with Franchi discussing details Posted by PismoArcade (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Rob Zombie is a good example of fabulous backglass and cabinet art, not so great playfield art.

You're WAY too kind. That Rob Zombie playfield art is ATROCIOUS. It's all the more of a stark contrast given the nice cab and backglass art.

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

and DARK.[quoted image]

I'm okay with dark art, you can use spotlights to brighten it a bit. But that playfield art is just SO barren and terrible for a pinball playfield. It's much worse than the first pass Hobbit playfields that were eventually almost totally redone. I was literally just wondering yesterday if people would buy a redone playfield with good art that matches the quality level of the cabinet and backglass. I think the terrible playfield and meh software are really depressing resale on the RZ machines.

#167 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

One might say the RZ playfield looks like the art budget ran out and they just cobbled it together with whatever they had leftover.

Which is to say...zero?

#179 1 year ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

...talking shit about that which you have no clue of.

This solitary bit is the most disappointing part of all the nonsense in this thread. Never end a sentence with a preposition. It's just not civilized.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's responses like this that make me refrain from sharing any actual news on here. It's like people would rather read snarky responses and conjecture.

Can't we do all of it? Snarky responses, conjecture, AND news? It feels like that's the right mix. Doesn't it?

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Do you want a medal?

More like "Do you wanna meddle?"

#191 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

Could you make me one? That would be effing special.
    The people rushing to spill their guts for attention are the medal seekers. OR just people that average over 10 posts a day for 6 years.

@ltg? You hear that? You're an attention-seeker. You've been fingered.

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

You just tagged the guy that helps everyone. Lloyd definitely deserves a medal.
    If half of what you posted was remotely useful, you could associate yourself with Lloyd. He gets a medal. You get a cookie with a giant V and sprinkles on it.

That's the problem with general statements like the one you made. I was ready to enjoy my sprinkle cookie with LTG, and now instead he gets a medal and I have a cookie, which is awkward.

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Cans today, cans tomorrow, cans forever. Keeps the beer fresher. Less fragile. Also cheaper to can than bottle, savings that are somewhat passed to the consumer. Can recycle a can forever. It’s also just way more freaking cool and macho to drink ice cold beer out of a can.
    If you want to drink beer out of a glass pour it in one.

Might as well put your beer in a plastic bag. Do you drink boxed wine, too? ALL beer cans I know of are lined, so you're not drinking out of a can, you're essentially drinking out of a plastic bag. Glass is not lined and does not affect the taste of the beer. Since beer is relatively acidic, it has been proven to degrade the liners more, meaning the BPA liners in cans DO make a difference in the taste, whether you're sensitive to it or not. And that chemical leaching can enlarge prostates and boobies in males. I don't know any dude that wants bigger either of those. Glass, FTW, by a landslide.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/articles/15869/bisphenol-pale-ale-should-you-be-worried-about-the-bpa-in-your-beer-can/

#209 1 year ago

It's an industry fakeout. Don't fall for it. BPA-NI is still a plastic liner. The "NI" means they don't "intend" for it to have BPA but it still legally CAN leech BPA into the beer. And regardless, it's still a plastic liner that affects taste. The only way to get past that is to remove the liner entirely, but then you have aluminum leeching into the beer, and you can DEFINITELY taste that.

So, if you love beer, still glass FTW.

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Agree - bottle cost more but produces a more clean product. Cans are for convenience (won't break as easy) but the taste will suffer.

Yep. Boxed wine model. If you only care about having something to drink and getting your buzz on, boxed wine in plastic bags is "good enough" for most old people with tired/broken taste buds that can't tell a difference anyway.

#214 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Whatever dude. It’s trace amounts. Do you drink bottled water? Eat any canned food? Eat in restaurants? If drinking beer out of a can is riskier than daily living in the corporate controlled USA, than so be it. I’d drink beer out of a can before I’d argue climate change isn’t real. Do what you gotta do.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/02/26/283030949/government-studies-suggest-bpa-exposure-from-food-isn-t-risky

The POINT of this is that the cans DO change the taste of the beer, and that's because of the plastic (epoxy, actually) BPA liners breaking down into the beer due to its relative acidity. Some people are more sensitive to that subtle taste shift than others, but it's defeinitely a thing.

And that NPR link referring to "government studies" is talking about US studies. Japan did extensive studies and concluded that it is a thing, it is harmful, and they changed the legal limits to reduce BPA exposure. Europe also reduced the BPA limit to a temporary safe level years ago that will be revisited and made permanent at the existing lower level or even lower in 2020.

I mean, sheesh, I'm not saying this is what pushed Franchi out of Stern, but maybe it was? ( <---back on topic)

#223 1 year ago

Well, I've seen a new pinside icon today. I've never seen a thread eject icon. I've seen moderation notices, but never the little eject icon, so I hovered and learned something. This thread has become unexpectedly educational.

#224 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

If you drink enough to worry about the health effects of BPA, you got bigger issues to worry about.
    I say this as a person who drinks beer, but also married a doctor who will regularly point out how bad alcohol is for me regardless of the container it was served in. (At least she loves pinball!)

Again, the main point is it's about the TASTE. The BPA leeching from the liner is just likely the reason why canned beer tastes inferior to the same beer from bottles.

#226 1 year ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

lets get back to pinball ...
    what does a NIB, delivered in a cardboard box over a year late taste like ?

Is this a tease for Franchi's taste test on the podcast tomorrow? Well played.

1 week later
    #288 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Wow. Slap Save Podcast posted this on FB.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No flipper buttons again. This has to be REALLY old because it looks like a DMD cab that was kinda made spike-ish after the fact since the proportions on the speakers/LCD to translite are more like SAM machines.

Also weird they'd base a pin on the first Superman when Superman II was the best one. Why not just do Superman and cover at least 1 & 2 if you want to forget about 3 and especially 4?

I do like the "bright" era of DC so much better.

5 months later
    #331 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Or American Pinball perhaps.

If Spooky's really doing a Scooby Doo, that's right in his wheelhouse. I could see him next-leveling Spooky playfield art and translites (RZ cabinet was already pretty great, unfortunately the PF sucks).

#432 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Ferigno is selling himself...even though he's dressed as The Hulk, it's his likeness, his image. I'm sure there's some legal rabbithole one could go down and find something that's a no-no about it...but Ferigno isn't working for them, they're not his boss, etc. Franchi could sell pictures of himself dressed as Gary Stern lol

OMG, he could illustrate himself as Larry Stern, Gary's big-boned fraternal twin, or in drag as Mary Stern, Gary's overbearing mother, and say whatever he wanted while taking the Stern story back to before Gary was the Gary that hired him. It would be petty, but probably funny.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 100.00
    $ 64.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,875.00
    Pinball Machine
    Maine Home Recreation
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 899.00
    $ 180.00
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 219.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 209.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Decals
    COINTAKER.COM
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1.00
    Various Other Swag
    Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside