Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 466 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95F9DCD6-A0D4-4A73-A76E-041041D9D52A (resized).jpeg
    45DD7F2E-3C88-4DDB-8416-396D7AC868D7 (resized).jpeg
    6B2C5773-99C3-49F6-BB18-D987C741A006.jpeg
    giphy (5) (resized).png
    Franch.png
    5de8a12df980c086fdcc9588a027a34b (resized).png
    43BA33CC-D487-4E5F-934C-9FECCE409414 (resized).jpeg
    6F5D0CAF-4A4E-4610-97F7-A6304DB32357 (resized).jpeg
    03B14C00-02EB-4C6E-8323-B783486A6949 (resized).jpeg
    d5848f34373491_5605fb1a89eea.png
    D86D9AD2-31D1-49FA-BDF4-42E403ABD57F (resized).jpeg
    11966836_900x1200 (resized).jpg
    both.gif
    fridge (resized).jpeg
    CD3B267A-5A2D-4AA6-BD79-7046A20D2EEC (resized).jpeg
    wwcf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #174 From the man himself. Slap Save Podcast will be a must listen. Posted by Metaluna5 (4 years ago)

Post #234 Podcast link with Franchi discussing details Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

You could buy the Franchi Pro, Zombie Yeti Premium or Greg Freres LE. Interesting.

Love this idea! but how about we put Freres on the Pro? I can afford a pro...

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Does anyone actually think these artist make money doing pinball
    art? I personally know an artist that has worked on two Sterns and
    he mentioned that it’s not even worth his time. It’s a tremendous
    amount of work with very little upside. Most of them are freelance
    and make their living in other ventures. The fact that this dude
    slammed Stern is not surprising. He probably invested a ton of time
    and ended up with absolutely nothing to show for it. How happy
    would any of you be investing weeks or months in a project with
    zero payout?

pretty spot on.

I was told a similar story by one of their artists. They are asked to do tons of concept mock ups like the above and many (obviously) never go anywhere so they dont get paid for them. I was told it is a passion project and that often it is with the hope of getting your art out there more and also cool to have your art on a pinball machine. Most of them wont even get paid a fraction of what it would cost to purchase an actual game.

I can totally understand why they may be pissed when project after project which they did art for gets rejected because the license is not selected.

Keep in mind this was a similar stance that Stever R had when things were not as glorious in the past.

5 months later
    #312 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

I wish I wouldn’t have to
    I also want to add that, while I don’t know the details of what went down - the idea that Elvira, Greg’s game, was being celebrated at an event by Stern is enough reason NOT to try to interject your competing art (out of respect alone).
    That’s an odd one to complain about. And even more odd to consider it being ok when looked at objectively.
    Ok that’s it - I’ll step away... negativity is easy, I hate to partake even in defense... apologies to all.

sorry, i dont listen to the podcast, are you saying that Franchi should not have been allowed at Expo because Greg had a game debuting publicly?

Gotta disagree on that one. Dude is now a known pinball artist and looking to make a living. It is smart for him to be at every major show, selling his art and getting his name out there if he wants to try and find more work.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Not at all what I said. Listen to the podcast & it will make sense. It’s great that he was there - it’s not great that he complains that he wasn’t allowed to make a print to directly compete and dismiss why the event was taking place.
    The short of it - He contacted Elvira’s mgmt (NOT ever contacting stern I’ll assume) to try to do an exclusive Elvira print for the show. She was there for And on the dime of Stern.
    He complained that he wasn’t allowed to do a competing print for an event? Out of respect for Greg’s game alone, it’s understandable why they would say no thanks - but add in the context of who paid for her appearance and it’s bizarre to complain about and make it seem unfair.
    I was addressing a print and bad taste. That’s all.

makes sense.

and sorry but not gonna listen to the Kman podcast or support him in anyway. He made a personal slander campaign, made fake facebook accounts to impersonate me, and did some real psycho shit all on top of him getting drunk, man handling his wife, and assaulting a Stern employee at the NYC event. I am sorry but unfortunately not surprised that people are willing to feed in to his narcissism and support him just because it is fun to listen to the train wreck.

The guy is not good for pinball and infact has done much to bring greater ignorance to many things. Franchi willingness to go on his podcast is enough to tell me where his motives are.

also, sorry I misunderstood your previous post.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

he's saying listen to Franchi directly on Slap Save

good to know. Someone else said it was the former.

Will give slap save a listen.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-franchi-out-at-stern-?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.