Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 466 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95F9DCD6-A0D4-4A73-A76E-041041D9D52A (resized).jpeg
    45DD7F2E-3C88-4DDB-8416-396D7AC868D7 (resized).jpeg
    6B2C5773-99C3-49F6-BB18-D987C741A006.jpeg
    giphy (5) (resized).png
    Franch.png
    5de8a12df980c086fdcc9588a027a34b (resized).png
    43BA33CC-D487-4E5F-934C-9FECCE409414 (resized).jpeg
    6F5D0CAF-4A4E-4610-97F7-A6304DB32357 (resized).jpeg
    03B14C00-02EB-4C6E-8323-B783486A6949 (resized).jpeg
    d5848f34373491_5605fb1a89eea.png
    D86D9AD2-31D1-49FA-BDF4-42E403ABD57F (resized).jpeg
    11966836_900x1200 (resized).jpg
    both.gif
    fridge (resized).jpeg
    CD3B267A-5A2D-4AA6-BD79-7046A20D2EEC (resized).jpeg
    wwcf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I wonder if Stern is giving Franchi the cold shoulder due to his
    now obvious leaking of material to Kaneda over the last year or so.
    It is well known that Stern detests the k-man. Franchi came out
    recently and said he gave K info (Munsters PF leak) in confidence,
    which he then published a couple weeks later. This nearly cost
    Franchi his pinball career at the time. Think about it...K has been
    pumping the Superman 78 thing for a while, as well as the potential
    Batman 66 reskin. It is starting to make a lot of sense now.

superman 78 came from this:

5de8a12df980c086fdcc9588a027a34b (resized).png5de8a12df980c086fdcc9588a027a34b (resized).png

#302 4 years ago

An Aristocrat slot with the CDS Oasis slot data system?

4 months later
    #303 4 years ago

It will be interesting to see what he does next.
    Stern seems like a terrible place to work.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think maybe Gary and Chris did not see things the same way.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think maybe Gary and Chris did not see things the same way.

Clearly. And that might be ok, there may be franchise issues and such selling a bit of art by the side, but just lashing out in a crazed fashion, as described by franchi, seems just terrible.
    Also the whole coperate feel, seems really as something you wouldnt really fancy, especially as an artist.

#306 4 years ago

Classical clash between an creative person that follows feeling and a business persons that follows rules and money. Do not get these worlds mixed...chemical reaction.

#307 4 years ago

He is said to have saved the art on BM66 at the last minute.

Rob

#308 4 years ago

I think Chris represented himself and pinball very well on Kaneda. He was level headed and took the time to explain his point of view. In my opinion, this was the best interview Kaneda has had to date. Additionally, I got to spend time with Chris at Pintastic and he comes off as a very down to earth person. He is just a regular guy who is passionate about what he does..........and one hell of an artist! I hope he lands somewhere as it would be a big loss if he had to leave Pinball.

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

If it was terrible I wouldn’t be there. And I worked for Zidware.

I like Chris - I’m disappointed he decided to make his decision to split a means to try to damage others.

Having Kaneda ‘interview’ you with zero challenges is a great way to get the real picture for sure... I was there btw throughout - he should re-trace his steps and rethink the facts.

He doesn’t like me for some reason - so I’ll give him one, from my vantage point: his problems are his own making.

No professional artist does what he is saying. You are being paid for the work AND usage rights. You don’t own your work anymore. So when you decide to sell it you are making additional income from art you were afforded to make on another persons dime. Not ethical- not ever.

When you are asked nicely to stop selling it you do NOT argue or belittle the company that owns your work. And you don’t DO IT AGAIN... and again...and again.

And when you do? Expect it won’t be well received. Apologize and stop it.

And as an aside - throwing personality insults at people is petty. (Greg is hilarious, btw) I’ve never had an issue with anyone at Stern and consider everyone a friend at this point. But I also have never tried to tell Gary Stern or anyone else how to operate. I’m a hired gun working on a team.

Listen, If I mess up, I’m not a victim of anyone else but myself. I own up to it and try to learn from my mistakes.

blah blah blah...Actions speak louder than words. It’s easy to control a message when you define the rules and know that no one will rebut out of professionalism. It’s regrettable that Chris chose this path. I wish him the best - he’s immensely talented and has plenty of great work ahead of him. I just hope he can get out of his way.

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

I like Chris - I’m disappointed he decided to make his decision to split a means to try to damage others.
    Having Kaneda ‘interview’ you with zero challenges is a great way to get the real picture for sure... I was there btw throughout - he should re-trace his steps and rethink the facts.
    He doesn’t like me for some reason - so I’ll give him one, from my vantage point: his problems are his own making.
    No professional artist does what he is saying. You are being paid for the work AND usage rights. You don’t own your work anymore. So when you decide to sell it you are making additional income from art you were afforded to make on another persons dime. Not ethical- not ever.
    When you are asked nicely to stop selling it you do NOT argue or belittle the company that owns your work. And you don’t DO IT AGAIN... and again...and again.
    And as an aside - throwing personality insults at people is petty. (Greg is hilarious, btw) I’ve never had an issue with anyone at Stern and consider everyone a friend at this point. But I also have never tried to tell Gary Stern or anyone else how to operate. I’m a hired gun working on a team.
    Listen, If I mess up, I’m not a victim of anyone else but myself. I own up to it and try to learn from my mistakes.
    blah blah blah...Actions speak louder than words. It’s easy to control a message when you define the rules and know that no one will rebut out of professionalism. It’s regrettable that Chris chose this path. I wish him the best - he’s immensely talented and has plenty of great work ahead of him. I just hope he can get out of his way.

Thanks for the reply, there are as almost allways, two sides to a story.

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Thanks for the reply, there are as almost allways, two sides to a story.

I wish I wouldn’t have to

I also want to add that, while I don’t know the details of what went down - the idea that Elvira, Greg’s game, was being celebrated at an event by Stern is enough reason NOT to try to interject your competing Elvira art (out of respect alone).

That’s an odd one to complain about. And even more odd to consider it being ok when looked at objectively.

Ok that’s it - I’ll step away... negativity is easy, I hate to partake even in defense... apologies to all.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

I wish I wouldn’t have to
    I also want to add that, while I don’t know the details of what went down - the idea that Elvira, Greg’s game, was being celebrated at an event by Stern is enough reason NOT to try to interject your competing art (out of respect alone).
    That’s an odd one to complain about. And even more odd to consider it being ok when looked at objectively.
    Ok that’s it - I’ll step away... negativity is easy, I hate to partake even in defense... apologies to all.

sorry, i dont listen to the podcast, are you saying that Franchi should not have been allowed at Expo because Greg had a game debuting publicly?

Gotta disagree on that one. Dude is now a known pinball artist and looking to make a living. It is smart for him to be at every major show, selling his art and getting his name out there if he wants to try and find more work.

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, i dont listen to the podcast, are you saying that Franchi should not have been allowed at Expo because Greg had a game debuting publicly?
    Gotta disagree on that one. Dude is now a known pinball artist and looking to make a living. It is smart for him to be at every major show, selling his art and getting his name out there if he wants to try and find more work.

That’s not what it was and you should listen to the podcast for the details.

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Not at all what I said. Listen to the podcast & it will make sense. It’s great that he was there - it’s not great that he complains that he wasn’t allowed to make a print to directly compete and dismiss why the event was taking place.

The short of it - He contacted Elvira’s mgmt (NOT ever contacting stern I’ll assume) to try to do an exclusive Elvira print for the show. She was there for And on the dime of Stern.

He complained that he wasn’t allowed to do a competing print for an event? Out of respect for Greg’s game alone, it’s understandable why they would say no thanks - but add in the context of who paid for her appearance and it’s bizarre to complain about and make it seem unfair.

I was addressing a print and bad taste. That’s all.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Not at all what I said. Listen to the podcast & it will make sense. It’s great that he was there - it’s not great that he complains that he wasn’t allowed to make a print to directly compete and dismiss why the event was taking place.
    The short of it - He contacted Elvira’s mgmt (NOT ever contacting stern I’ll assume) to try to do an exclusive Elvira print for the show. She was there for And on the dime of Stern.
    He complained that he wasn’t allowed to do a competing print for an event? Out of respect for Greg’s game alone, it’s understandable why they would say no thanks - but add in the context of who paid for her appearance and it’s bizarre to complain about and make it seem unfair.
    I was addressing a print and bad taste. That’s all.

makes sense.

and sorry but not gonna listen to the Kman podcast or support him in anyway. He made a personal slander campaign, made fake facebook accounts to impersonate me, and did some real psycho shit all on top of him getting drunk, man handling his wife, and assaulting a Stern employee at the NYC event. I am sorry but unfortunately not surprised that people are willing to feed in to his narcissism and support him just because it is fun to listen to the train wreck.

The guy is not good for pinball and infact has done much to bring greater ignorance to many things. Franchi willingness to go on his podcast is enough to tell me where his motives are.

also, sorry I misunderstood your previous post.

#316 4 years ago

See below

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

Usage = Zombieyeti, gets it. Franchi knows it, but wants interpretation his way.

#318 4 years ago

What got my attention and red flagged everything - for Star Wars redo Chris gets precise instructions on what product/art to deliver. Its during the phase where he NEEDS to be approved for the next pin as he had hit a period of no pinball related work , as he stated himself.

He then boasts that he ignored all the precise instructions given by the license holder and did as he liked. His work gets rejected by the license holder and everyone is at fault but him, everyone else is a bad guy and he is the victim.

Give me a break and grow up.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

makes sense.
    and sorry but not gonna listen to the Kman podcast or support him in anyway. He made a personal slander campaign, made fake facebook accounts to impersonate me, and did some real psycho shit all on top of him getting drunk, man handling his wife, and assaulting a Stern employee at the NYC event. I am sorry but unfortunately not surprised that people are willing to feed in to his narcissism and support him just because it is fun to listen to the train wreck.
    The guy is not good for pinball and infact has done much to bring greater ignorance to many things. Franchi willingness to go on his podcast is enough to tell me where his motives are.
    also, sorry I misunderstood your previous post.

He's not asking you to listen to Kaneda, he's saying listen to Franchi directly on Slap Save. Which I'm doing right now.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

he's saying listen to Franchi directly on Slap Save

good to know. Someone else said it was the former.

Will give slap save a listen.

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think Chris represented himself and pinball very well on Kaneda. He was level headed and took the time to explain his point of view. In my opinion, this was the best interview Kaneda has had to date. Additionally, I got to spend time with Chris at Pintastic and he comes off as a very down to earth person. He is just a regular guy who is passionate about what he does..........and one hell of an artist! I hope he lands somewhere as it would be a big loss if he had to leave Pinball.

I agree and disagree. On the one hand, he was simply giving his perspective on events. On the other hand, you don't throw business partners under the bus even if you feel like they wasted a lot of your time. I do hope he is able to find more work in the industry, but it's hard to get involved with a guy who isn't going to have a professional filter.

#322 4 years ago

Franchi is a very good artist. I like a lot of his stuff. You can't expect to be very popular or well liked with stern if you keep doing things they tell you not to do. Selling unlicensed art that is from the licensed game at shows when your employer asks you not too is pretty silly. Trying to claim there is some unwritten rule and doing it anyway when you know stern wants you not to is going to make a you against them feeling and isolate you. Why not just work with stern to have things approved that you could sell that wouldn't piss your employer off and cause staff members no longer to trust you?

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

good to know. Someone else said it was the former.
    Will give slap save a listen.

I must be missing something.

I don't see him listed on Slap Save. He made these claims on the latest K podcast.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Franchi is a very good artist. I like a lot of his stuff. You can't expect to be very popular or well liked with stern if you keep doing things they tell you not to do. Selling unlicensed art that is from the licensed game at shows when your employer asks you not too is pretty silly. Trying to claim there is some unwritten rule and doing it anyway when you know stern wants you not to is going to make a you against them feeling and isolate you. Why not just work with stern to have things approved that you could sell that wouldn't piss your employer off and cause staff members no longer to trust you?

I would love to hear a recording of Gary going off on Franchi for ten minutes over this. Chris said that he screamed at him nonstop about making money off of the Stern name.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I would love to hear a recording of Gary going off on Franchi for ten minutes over this. Chris said that he screamed at him nonstop about making money off of the Stern name.

Franchi should have taped Gary and then released it in the form of a music video like Antonio Brown did to John Gruden on his way out of Oakland. The problem employees of pinball have plenty of room to grow on the production values front.

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Agreed. When Youssi created the Pintastic poster with a bunch of his artwork he had a very difficult time getting all of the approvals. He didn't just assume nobody would care, especially since it was artwork he created decades earlier. Doesn't seem like the Franchi method of just printing whatever is the standard, at least in the pinball industry.

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

There are always 2 sides to every story. It sounded like the ground work for a lot of distrust was laid when Franchi kept selling prints after he was asked not to. Sounded like Franchi did a lot to create the toxic environment but that is just my opinion from the outside looking in. Stern and Franchi are probably both happier in the long run with the parting. Unfortunate, because I really like Franchi's work and he definitely was part of sterns recent success. Not every company is the right fit and vice versa.

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Gary is smart. He stays out of the drama.

#329 4 years ago

My guess is he lands at CGC

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Or American Pinball perhaps.

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

If Spooky's really doing a Scooby Doo, that's right in his wheelhouse. I could see him next-leveling Spooky playfield art and translites (RZ cabinet was already pretty great, unfortunately the PF sucks).

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm guessing CGC because he mentioned whoever he was going to be working for was debuting a topper at Expo and CGC released a topper.American Pinball could use his skills to bring their package together.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm guessing CGC because he mentioned whoever he was going to be working for was debuting a topper at Expo and CGC released a topper.American Pinball could use his skills to bring their package together.

He did the backdrop for the MM topper. It's posted on his FB page.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If Spooky's really doing a Scooby Doo, that's right in his wheelhouse. I could see him next-leveling Spooky playfield art and translites (RZ cabinet was already pretty great, unfortunately the PF sucks).

Zornow has been great for Spooky. I hope they just keep him.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Quoted from midcoastsurf:

He did the backdrop for the MM topper. It's posted on his FB page.

I wonder how much work CGC would have for an original artist though? One topper backdrop every 2-3 years probably wouldn't pay the bills.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I wonder how much work CGC would have for an original artist though? One topper backdrop every 2-3 years probably wouldn't pay the bills.

Why assume only toppers and only working for one company at a time?

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

Spot on take. Since Franchi's came onto the scene, he's always played the part of the sad-sack victim. Great artist, but doesn't understand the "rules" of professionalism...his ego gets the best of him, he wants to be THE STAR...Kaneda, as someone who talks about pinball almost exclusively in terms of art, plays to that to get him to leak art & spill the beans on podcasts. Franchi never understood that Stern is the star...Stern knows what Stern wants, and Franchi just can't run around doing whatever - it messes with their plans, their relationships, and paints them in a bad light. Long story short - he needs to learn how to do the work, get paid, and just shut up. Needing the adulation of the pinball hobby scene that badly is unhealthy - hang out with your friends & family.

I hope whatever company he's working with now lays down some strict ground rules in the contract, or they're just gonna have to deal with the same thing.

BTW, he's not just Mr. Victim with his work, it bleeds into his real life views...when I saw this hot take on equality issues, I knew exactly who he was & why Stern would eventually have to boot him. "Wah wah wah, I'm a man, my life is so hard, wah wah wah!"

Franch.pngFranch.png
    #338 4 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Why assume only toppers and only working for one company at a time?

I'm assuming only toppers at CGC because that's the only original art they're creating. If they get into making original titles that would change, but I haven't heard any rumors to that effect and still plenty of potential money in remakes for the time being.

As far as how many companies he works for at a time I'm not suggesting he should limit himself, Puffdanny posted "my guess is he lands at CGC" and I responded since CGC doesn't seem like a very big landing pad.

#339 4 years ago

Betrayed Stern time and time again and no idea why he wasn't brought into the fold.

I can't believe they kept him on for anything after he leaked nevermind the other licensing issues and PR nightmares. Surprised there's supposedly another company willing to pick him up.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Betrayed Stern time and time again and no idea why he wasn't brought into the fold.
    I can't believe they kept him on for anything after he leaked nevermind the other licensing issues and PR nightmares. Surprised there's supposedly another company willing to pick him up.

Well, Derp Root ran with Jpoop. At least Franchi has talent & didn't steal from anyone.

#341 4 years ago

IMO it's a matter of culture. We're talking business relationships here.

Stern is tightly controlled and corporate in attitude. Not my style, but it is definitely working for them and Chris obviously doesn't fit that mold.

Chris is a bit rock 'n roll. He does his own thing. Guys like that can work well in a company (and excel) but the culture has to be relaxed and there has to be good chemistry and understanding both ways.

He sounds like an interesting dude and I hope he does well wherever he ends up (in pinball)...sounds like he already has a day job.

#342 4 years ago

The rumour that their next title is an original one has been around for a while.

Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm assuming only toppers at CGC because that's the only original art they're creating. If they get into making original titles that would change, but I haven't heard any rumors to that effect and still plenty of potential money in remakes for the time being.
    As far as how many companies he works for at a time I'm not suggesting he should limit himself, puffdanny posted "my guess is he lands at CGC" and I responded since CGC doesn't seem like a very big landing pad.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I hope it's American Pinball. The art on the playfield and LCD is really the only major thing holding back Oktoberfest from being a solid B+ kinda game in my opinion. They seem competent enough to build games, have unique designs, and new ideas. But I've had zero desire for their games besides putting in a roll of quarters once or twice.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Spot on take. Since Franchi's came onto the scene, he's always played the part of the sad-sack victim. Great artist, but doesn't understand the "rules" of professionalism...his ego gets the best of him, he wants to be THE STAR...Kaneda, as someone who talks about pinball almost exclusively in terms of art, plays to that to get him to leak art & spill the beans on podcasts. Franchi never understood that Stern is the star...Stern knows what Stern wants, and Franchi just can't run around doing whatever - it messes with their plans, their relationships, and paints them in a bad light. Long story short - he needs to learn how to do the work, get paid, and just shut up. Needing the adulation of the pinball hobby scene that badly is unhealthy - hang out with your friends & family.
    I hope whatever company he's working with now lays down some strict ground rules in the contract, or they're just gonna have to deal with the same thing.
    BTW, he's not just Mr. Victim with his work, it bleeds into his real life views...when I saw this hot take on equality issues, I knew exactly who he was & why Stern would eventually have to boot him. "Wah wah wah, I'm a man, my life is so hard, wah wah wah!"[quoted image]

I would be very careful taking one statement from anyone and using that to determine who they are as a person. Everyone is so quick to judge someone that they really dont know at all. And even if his views are the exact opposite of yours you still have more in common with him then you have differences. I could take one select statement from every last person on the planet and make a strong case that they are a horrible person. That wouldnt make it true though.

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I would be very careful taking one statement from anyone and using that to determine who they are as a person. Everyone is so quick to judge someone that they really dont know at all. And even if his views are the exact opposite of yours you still have more in common with him then you have differences. I could take one select statement from every last person on the planet and make a strong case that they are a horrible person. That wouldnt make it true though.

Well said. I didn't care the posting his personal comments on his facebook page either, and assessing his entire character based on...one...viewpoint.

Even if he feels that way, and you contrary, that doesn't dismiss his personal experiences or invalidate his opinion. To jump on a hate train, just because, only divides us all the more, and the media is certainly licking their chops at revenue based on division. Harmony doesn't get much revenue.

If it bleeds....

We seem to get off on moral superiority presently in this culture. And that only serves for a giant shit slinging party, and when "right" is often a matter of perspective, it's often just a matter of opinions battling opinions, and both sides feeling better about themselves, while trashing the other side. All the while a complete lack of mutual understanding or empathy is missed out on, and without genuine empathy, how can we ever feel civilized?

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I would be very careful taking one statement from anyone and using that to determine who they are as a person.

It was one example, but there are plenty.

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Well said. I didn't care the posting his personal comments on his facebook page either, and assessing his entire character based on...one...viewpoint.

That comment was from someone else’s FB page. I’m not FB friends with Franchi. That was out there in public for everyone to see....also I’m not judging him on one comment. I’m judging him based on his non-stop victimhood & “everyone is wrong but me” attitude. He’s done that here, he’s done it on podcasts, he’s done it on social media. My screen grab was just one example, but a very telling one. When a man is complaining about women not opening a door for him - he’s not even thinking that women spend a lifetime worrying about getting kidnapped, assaulted, raped, and killed every time they go out....so Wah Wah Wah, I don’t wanna hear about how bad you’ve got it as a man in this world. Bring it back around to professinal life, I don't think Stern has NEVER had a woman artist, designer, or engineer...I'm sure women artists would love to have an opportunity to create art for a pinball machine. Franchi's privilege allowed him that opportunity....but he's the victim. Wah wah wah.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

It was one example, but there are plenty.

Im sure there are, but once again, having a differing view point does not make you some horrible person. I know plenty of people that say some of the craziest stuff that would make people cringe or if said online would start some social justice pile on. But what all the haters dont know or care about is who they actually are as a person or the many incredible things they have done to help people. Instead people take a random viewpoint and use that to tear each other down. We are all learning, evolving, growing each day of our lives. If you want to judge someone at least judge the whole person, or better yet, worry about your own contribution to the world instead of trying to decide who sucks as a human being. We are all more alike then different.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That comment was from someone else’s FB page. I’m not FB friends with Franchi. That was out there in public for everyone to see....also I’m not judging him on one comment. I’m judging him based on his non-stop victimhood & “everyone is wrong but me” attitude. He’s done that here, he’s done it on podcasts, he’s done it on social media. My screen grab was just one example, but a very telling one. When a man is complaining about women not opening a door for him - he’s not even thinking that women spend a lifetime worrying about getting kidnapped, assaulted, raped, and killed every time they go out....so Wah Wah Wah, I don’t wanna hear about how bad you’ve got it as a man in this world.

I dunno, I try and focus on the individual. We all suffer and face great hardships in this world, and there's no reason we can't validate one another's suffering as well as accomplishments.

I've found dividing people into groups and subsectors is an easy way for classism to proliferate, and classism is an easy way for large scale abusive power systems to maintain control.

He's a person, first and foremost, and flawed as much, and or in different ways than you and I. For me, that's okay. I've seen some of his perspectives, listened to him on Slap Save several times, and a portion of this latest interview, and I don't have to entirely agree with how he commands or expresses himself for his views and thoughts to have validity.

We can all be different. Different is good, even if different isn't always a mirror.

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Im sure there are, but once again, having a differing view point does not make you some horrible person.

It's not about a "different" point of view OR being horrible. It's about a person who is always making himself a victim. Blaming others for his faults, rather than looking inward or being empathetic toward others and their experiences. I don't think he's horrible. I think he needs to be more self-aware to understand why he is often in this position or feeling this way. Perhaps therapy if he hasn't tried it. (...and just clarifying - I'm NOT saying that as an insult. Therapy can be a wonderful tool to help you figure out things about yourself and improve your life)

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-franchi-out-at-stern-/page/7?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.